Log On

HDRIDER

Every time i log on i have to sign in again, and i do remember to tick remember me, going on for about 3 days now, any help?

Same hear. This has been going on for 5 days straight for me and has been an on going complaint for over a month. Ah TV when are going to fix this problem.

This has been discussed for quite some time in this topic:

I have tried all suggestions made in the above topic to no avail.

For now I just read as a guest, or if I want to make post/reply I open the browser to the TV/forum main page, log in and then minimize that one that window.

When I click on a link in an e-mail notification a new window of the same browser opens and I'm still logged in.

I hope TV will sort this problem out soon.

opalhort

This has been discussed for quite some time in this topic:

http://www.thaivisa....nd-suggestions/

I have tried all suggestions made in the above topic to no avail.

For now I just read as a guest, or if I want to make post/reply I open the browser to the TV/forum main page, log in and then minimize that one that window.

When I click on a link in an e-mail notification a new window of the same browser opens and I'm still logged in.

I hope TV will sort this problem out soon.

opalhort

5 weeks and counting. :whistling:

To troubleshoot this:

1. Delete all thaivisa cookies from your browser. Also do this for any secondary browser you have.

2. Restart these browsers.

3. Try again with browser A. Does it work?

4. Try again with browser B. Does it work?

Please report back. Thanks in advance.

To troubleshoot this:

1. Delete all thaivisa cookies from your browser. Also do this for any secondary browser you have.

Here is what I have. Windows XP. On Windows Explorer. Have cleaned all cookies. do not use FF or Chrome. This was not an issue bufore the up grade and I have learned to work around it but it is an ongoing announce. Any ideas ?

GL

Also your post is number 49 and mine is number 66?

Edited by gotlost

To troubleshoot this:

Also your post is number 49 and mine is number 66?

The post counts seem to be out of order on other threads, have a look at the..

"Is It Too Late For Us To Mend Thailand's Corrupt Ways? EDITORIAL - July 7"

It's all over the place in that thread,maybe the Thai Visa system is corrupt.

As for the log in problem, I'm just getting used to having to log in every time I visit Thai visa which is kind of annoying, there were no problems before the upgrade and IMHO the old system was far easier to use.

The post counts seem to be out of order on other threads, have a look at the..

"Is It Too Late For Us To Mend Thailand's Corrupt Ways? EDITORIAL - July 7"

It's all over the place in that thread,maybe the Thai Visa system is corrupt.

It's a known bug and the next update should correct it. The database itself is not effected, only the display information.

Nothing helps, still have to log on every time, using IE8 and vista, nothing else

I have not tried it and don't know if it will work but if you go to the forum portal, at the very bottom left of the page is an option to "Delete my cookies". See if that helps.

Here is what I think I just found out:

When we install a browser the defauls security settings usually only allow first party cookies.

Just went through Chrome and IE6, deleted all TV related cookies AND set the security settings in both browsers to allow third party cookies.

And bingo I stay logged in in both browsers.

It appears that TV is now issuing the cookies through a third party!?!?

I know IE6 is no longer supported but it still works for me on one PC (XP, Sp3)

opalhort

It appears that TV is now issuing the cookies through a third party!?!?

Not sure about that but worth looking at. Firefox appears to default though to allow 3rd party cookies. For those who have logout problems using FF then you might look below to see if 3rd party cookies are enabled. Only for FF 3+.

post-566-027227800 1278510200_thumb.jpg

I'm not really happy about this set-up if we have to enable 3rd party cookies to log-in to TV.

TV cookies for members (log-in, etc.) should come directly from TV.

When enabling 3rd party cookies every ad on the website can place their cookie on your PC.

opalhort

Nothing helps, still have to log on every time, using IE8 and vista, nothing else

I have not tried it and don't know if it will work but if you go to the forum portal, at the very bottom left of the page is an option to "Delete my cookies". See if that helps.

I've already done that and still have to log in every time I want to vist Thai visa.

I have now tested this log-in issue on two more PCs (XP SP3, one IE7 & Chrome the other one IE6 & Chrome).

All browsers had 3rd party cookies disabled.

Before I deleted all TV cookies I could log-in but was logged off once I closed the browser. After deleting all TV related cookies I could no longer log in. I remained registered as a guest.

After I enabled 3rd party cookies in one browser after another I could log in AND stay logged in even after browser shutdown or PC shutdown.

Has anybody with log-in problems had a look at their security (allowed cookies) settings and can confirm that now TV cookies are regarded as 3rd party cookies?

opalhort

I'm not really happy about this set-up if we have to enable 3rd party cookies to log-in to TV.

TV cookies for members (log-in, etc.) should come directly from TV.

When enabling 3rd party cookies every ad on the website can place their cookie on your PC.

opalhort

My PC runs on Internet Explorer 8 and no Firefox or any other browser, as for enabling 3rd party cookies, then no way as long as I breath, IMO You should always block third party cookies to deny attempts by third party Internet service providers to plant cookies on your PC to track your movements around the Internet.

Before the upgrade to Thai Visa I had no problems with the site, since then I've had the odd one or two with log in but I'll live with it until Thai Visa sorts it out.

IMO You should always block third party cookies to deny attempts by third party Internet service providers to plant cookies on your PC to track your movements around the Internet.

Yes, this is exactly my thinking as well, but for now it appears to be the only way to remain logged-in to TV. I hope that TV will sort this out soon and send out the log-in required qookies as 1st party cookies.

To Admin: Any info in this regard?

opalhort

In general I also do not allow 3rd party cookies.

Here is what I found out so far: only one PC testing on IE6.

If I disable 3rd party cookies I can not log in at all.

If enabled, no problems with log-in and staying logged in.

In IE6 there is an option to prompt if I want to accept certain cookies, I enabled this option.

When visiting TV the following web-sites try to dump multiple cookies on my PC:

admaxserver.com

effectivemeasure.net

ads.admaxasia.com

I blocked these particular websites from dumping cookies and still have no problem regarding log-in.

I could not yet figure out how to block selective websites from dumping cookies if 3rd party cookies are alloed in Chrome.

Note: the three above websites are also listed in SpyBot S&D as undesireable!

opalhort