This Is A Cool Little Bobber Style Scooter, Will It Ever Be Imported

submaniac

Cool, great find.

I quoted a 200cc one out for street use and it came in at $2400 USD.

I'm not a chopper guy because they're so expensive for no handling ability, but for $2400, I'd get one.

Sadly since it has a carb, I bet it could never come here.

Too bad, I bet they'd sell thousands at that price.

What did the Honda Phantoms sell for when new?

This has so much more style.

Sadly since it has a carb, I bet it could never come here.

How is it that zongshen are getting type approval on their carbed bikes tho ??

Not sure... it remains a mystery. Richardbkk did suggest that the crafty chinese had put a fresh air blower (electric supercharger) in the downpipe therefore blowing more air into the pipe to offset the emissions................. Not sure if true, but it should work.

Nice litte gi ... a bike!

I do not understand the story about "no FI, no emmison approval". There are still and will be brand new carb bikes for sale in Thailand. Also with carb (and the right emmison control) you can pass the emmison test.

Although I think that Honda is betting on the fact that in the long term in Europe and maybe other countries there will be tax-break for FI-bikes or a law against new carb-bikes.

I'm not an emmissions expert so I have no real answer as to why there are still carb bikes for sale here like my 2009 Nouvo 135. Maybe the emissions laws are being phased in depending on cc size.

Perhaps the carbs are sold with smaller than optimal jets so they run lean and have less emissions? Or maybe there's a catalyst in the exhaust.

That air charger sounds very crafty. It's sneaky smart but I'm sure this would be caught by somoene sooner or later and the bike would be deemed illegal since it's still putting out excess emmisions per unit of fuel burned.

Anyway, let's hope someone tries to get this bike into the country and actually succeeds.