Re-Entry Permit For Permanent Resident

As a Permanent Resident I recently went to Immigration to have my Residency booklet endorsed and for a re-entry permit in my passport.

Whilst application for a re-entry permit for most foreigners is on Form TM8, and costs 1000bt for a single entry, I was required to fill in Form TM 13 (Application for Endorsement of Re-Entry Permit) and the stamp cost me 1900bt. Since I did not previously have a Re-Entry Permit, how can it be endorsed?

Can anyone provide an answer to this, especially as in a couple of months I will need another Re-Entry permit.

I believe the re-entry permit is considered an endorsement to your PR book.

NO. I have an endorsement in my PR Book, which is valid for 1 year irrespective of the number of times I leave Thailand. This costs 1900bt. But my passport also needs a Re-Entry stamp and this costs 900bt more than other foreigners, although the stamp is identical, and requires no more processing -just a different application form.

I believe the re-entry permit is considered an endorsement to your PR book.

NO. I have an endorsement in my PR Book, which is valid for 1 year irrespective of the number of times I leave Thailand. This costs 1900bt. But my passport also needs a Re-Entry stamp and this costs 900bt more than other foreigners, although the stamp is identical, and requires no more processing -just a different application form.

That being the case, it doesn't sound very fair.