Welcome To Pajona?

Jingthing

(Cool nickname, that is, not cook ...)

This is inspired by the new nickname for the Washington D.C. metro area.

The DMV (meaning the District, and surrounding Maryland and Virginia). Washington D.C. has been known as the Nation's Capitol (dorky), Chocolate City (a bit too racial), and of course just D.C. But now DMV is on the rise, and I predict this will become very popular. Of course the play on demilitarized zone is kind of funny and makes it memorable.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/29/AR2010072905868.html

So here we are in the emerging Pattaya/Jomtien/Naklua metropolitan area. Shouldn't we have a cool moniker covering the entire area? OK, Pajona maybe isn't it. Any better ideas?

Edited by Jingthing

How about JandPandN or just "Japan"... (maybe in all cap's). "I'm headed to 'JAPAN' for the weekend". Could catch on like "DMV".... In the US, everyone know the "DMV" is the Division of Motor Vehicles, not any association with DMZ.

How about JandPandN or just "Japan"... (maybe in all cap's). "I'm headed to 'JAPAN' for the weekend". Could catch on like "DMV".... In the US, everyone know the "DMV" is the Division of Motor Vehicles, not any association with DMZ.

You're right, I spaced out on that one (DMV).

You know, Pajona is growing on me.

Can you do better?

And all this time I thought it was Banglamung???

Nongprue to be pedantic, a sub district of Banglamung.

True, Pattaya and Jomtien are part of Nongprue.

Naklua or Banglamung aren't. They have their own sub districts. Along with Huai Yai, Na Jomtien, and Ban Amphur. That's why I said Banglamung. It covers the Greater Pattaya Area. The only place left out is Ban Sarey which is part of Sattahip.

Of course it also sounds close to 'Bang the moon' or to some people: 'B*tt <deleted>'.(stretching)

Edited by BB1950

Can you do better?

Pajona, sounds to close to Pajama. I'm afraid not much sleeping done in Pajamas here. If there's much sleeping at all.

Edited by BB1950

Can you do better?

Pajona, sounds to close to Pajama. I'm afraid not much sleeping done in Pajamas here. If there's much sleeping at all.

Pagina then?

Hey, how about

The Big Bang?

PatJomNak. It would sound close to the hill, Kow Phratumnak.

Not bad at all.

BTW, the idea with playing with the word Banglamung, as in The Big Bang, or The Bang, is to go for a more INSIDERS slang/cool moniker. Tourists generally have never heard of Nongprue or Banglamung. Insiders of course know it.

Edited by Jingthing

<br />
<br />PatJomNak. It would sound close to the hill, Kow Phratumnak.<br />
<br />Not bad at all.<br /><br />BTW, the idea with playing with the word Banglamung, as in The Big Bang, or The Bang, is to go for a more INSIDERS slang/cool moniker. Tourists generally have never heard of Nongprue or Banglamung. Insiders of course know it.

There are many Native American Indian languages. Using a combination, Na Pa Jo, Na-Pa-Jo, means:

"The Three Waters"

Na = The

Pa = Three

Jo = Water

Since the overwhelming majority of tourists in Naklua-Pattaya-Jomtien are Native American Indians, I say go with Na-Pa-Jo :)