Sushi

sam666

Soi 94, about 100 meters across the railroad tracks on the left side... absolutely the best in town and cheap, cheap, cheap. My wife and I go there at least once a week and eat our fill of sushi and sashimi at around 500 baht for two people (with no alcohol). I'm bad at remembering names but I think it's something like Sakai.

Soi 94, about 100 meters across the railroad tracks on the left side... absolutely the best in town and cheap, cheap, cheap. My wife and I go there at least once a week and eat our fill of sushi and sashimi at around 500 baht for two people (with no alcohol). I'm bad at remembering names but I think it's something like Sakai.

Sakura Sushi, and yes, it is a good restaurant.

Thanks a lot, it sounds good, I couldn't find one tonight and went subway instead, then drove past a <deleted> japense restuarant u-turning outside subway

That's probably the one owned by and adjacent to the Sofitel Hotel. It's very expensive and no better than the one on Soi 94 imo. There is also a chain Japanese restaurant called Fuji in Market Village Mall (second floor). It's very good too but more expensive than Sakura (thanks for giving me the correct name stgrhe) on Soi 94.

Went a couple days ago, thanks a lot for the real nice directions hhfarang, very nice restuarant, very good food and nice staff, although it's a little pricey for what you get. Me thinking Thailand and Asia I could get some decent Sushi like i get in London for atleast half the price.

I was expecting something like this (pic from when i ate Sushi at home) this buffet is about 750bht per person and that's one round between 4 people and you can have unlimited rounds.

25204_527253343425_51402346_31236198_3206137_n.jpg

I spent about 650bht for 2 of us and although we left full, it wasn't a great deal for the money and I'd prefered to pay a little extra for some type of buffet or a couple different rounds. However none the less it's one of the best restuarants I've been to in Thailand period.

Happy you liked it Sam, and even though you may have expected a better deal, it's still much cheaper than the other two places I mentioned in Hua Hin on this thread and at same or better quality imo.

BTW, if you like Italian, the place next door is good, and for Northern European and Thai at cheap prices the place across the street is good. If you want Indian there is a no frills Indian restaurant on the same street nearer the main road called S&S that is probably the most authentic Indian food in HH and just a couple of blocks away on Soi 90 there is an American/Mexican restaurant called Terrace 90 that is also very good.

Happy eating!

Happy you liked it Sam, and even though you may have expected a better deal, it's still much cheaper than the other two places I mentioned in Hua Hin on this thread and at same or better quality imo.

BTW, if you like Italian, the place next door is good, and for Northern European and Thai at cheap prices the place across the street is good. If you want Indian there is a no frills Indian restaurant on the same street nearer the main road called S&S that is probably the most authentic Indian food in HH and just a couple of blocks away on Soi 90 there is an American/Mexican restaurant called Terrace 90 that is also very good.

Happy eating!

May I take the opportunity to add one more place that I discovered first today.

Next to Villa Market there is a small restaurant that serves Thai and Western food. It is a very clean place with a few tables with a view of the inner part of Villa Market. I have seen this place many times but never had a go until today when I ordered a chicken cashew nut and rice dish. To my delight it was the very best ever I have eaten in Thailand and it tasted exactly as its original dish that comes from Sichuan in China.

I have eaten equally well tasting chicken cashew nut in other countries but never i Thailand as the Thai version often is a simplified one.

Thanks for the info, yea I presumed it was cheapist and I haven't eaten better tasting sushi before. Know of any good cheap buffets? I know only one thai one on the way to elphant village, eat a lot in market village lately, I like restuarants but trying to save money :rolleyes:

Happy eating!

Next to Villa Market there is a small restaurant that serves Thai and Western food. It is a very clean place with a few tables with a view of the inner part of Villa Market. I have seen this place many times but never had a go until today when I ordered a chicken cashew nut and rice dish. To my delight it was the very best ever I have eaten in Thailand and it tasted exactly as its original dish that comes from Sichuan in China.

I have eaten equally well tasting chicken cashew nut in other countries but never i Thailand as the Thai version often is a simplified one.

That would be next to Pizza Pizza correct? Edited by sam666

Thanks for the info, yea I presumed it was cheapist and I haven't eaten better tasting sushi before. Know of any good cheap buffets? I know only one thai one on the way to elphant village, eat a lot in market village lately, I like restuarants but trying to save money :rolleyes:

Happy eating!

That would be next to Pizza Pizza correct?

Actually a little further in and next to the pharmacy.

Know of any good cheap buffets? I know only one thai one on the way to elphant village, eat a lot in market village lately, I like restuarants but trying to save money

Terrace 90 that I mentioned in the earlier post. It has an international (Thai, Mexican, American, Italian) buffet every Friday night from 6 p.m onwards with good music on the second floor. The buffet is 199 baht and it is amazing for this price but get there early as it has 100 or more customers that come promptly between 6 and 6:30 so it gets hectic and full fast but still very much worth it.

Know of any good cheap buffets? I know only one thai one on the way to elphant village, eat a lot in market village lately, I like restuarants but trying to save money

Terrace 90 that I mentioned in the earlier post. It has an international (Thai, Mexican, American, Italian) buffet every Friday night from 6 p.m onwards with good music on the second floor. The buffet is 199 baht and it is amazing for this price but get there early as it has 100 or more customers that come promptly between 6 and 6:30 so it gets hectic and full fast but still very much worth it.

Great thanks, I'll make sure we get there just before 6 next time.

Went to Terrace 90 tonight, excellent recommendation again farang, thanks. Buffet was good, been a long time since I got to eat western food till i felt sick with a nice hang over. Only prob was insects and mossys (got bit 3x and i was wearing repellent) never had so much trouble before, they were frikkin everywhere. And of course, everywhere you look, everything you hear, It's Americans :D:D, but I can handle that once a week :lol: