Paying Bills Via An Atm

Greenside

So finally the Kassikorn ATMs have the bar code reader enabled and while it seems like a great idea, I can't get it to read the codes on any of the bills I want to pay. The TOT bill has a huge bar code by the details you normally have to key in when you do a regular payment but the machine just ignores it.

Anyone met with success with this nifty new system?

• 2 months later...

nope Kasikorn everythings always seem to be broken. I think they are the only bank unfortunately that has this system, otherwise into the branch I think, unless anyone knows better...?

What bills can you actually pay at banks now..? My gfriend pays her electric I think but most Thais do it at 7-11, think the rate is about 10 baht a bill, Im guessing Kasikorn or other banks are more expensive for this.

nope Kasikorn everythings always seem to be broken. I think they are the only bank unfortunately that has this system, otherwise into the branch I think, unless anyone knows better...?

What bills can you actually pay at banks now..? My gfriend pays her electric I think but most Thais do it at 7-11, think the rate is about 10 baht a bill, Im guessing Kasikorn or other banks are more expensive for this.

Pay your bills at Aeon Bank. There is no charge and that's why there are long queue's of Thai people at the months end. Go a few days after the turn of the month and there will be nobody there. Oh; they are still not charging the 150 baht for withdrawals on your foreign cash cards either. The only bank left with no charge for this service I believe.

wow that is cool, can you pay all the bills there...?

I live in Chiang Mai, dont think there is a branch here though, just an ATM. (bugger). Unless you can pay them at ATM...? :0

Do you have to pay an admin if, perhaps you go to the office of the bill company. Not that I ever would but if perhaps I have to it would be comforting to know.

I think at P.E.A you do.

Edited by james24

wow that is cool, can you pay all the bills there...?

I live in Chiang Mai, dont think there is a branch here though, just an ATM. (bugger). Unless you can pay them at ATM...? :0

Do you have to pay an admin if, perhaps you go to the office of the bill company. Not that I ever would but if perhaps I have to it would be comforting to know.

I think at P.E.A you do.

If you go to your local electricity, telephone,internet provider etc office there is no fee to pay but if you pay at 7-11 or any supermarket etc they will charge you 10 baht per bill.

There is an Aeon branch at the Tesco complex on Hang Dong Road and I believe somewhere in the City. You can pay bills at the ATM.

Edited by trainman34014