If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac 555

You know BN, I saw the same sticker on the same Caddy last time i was up your way, I almost pissed myself laffing, i thought it was yours, LOL.

On second inspection I knew it wasnt yours, it wasnt decked out in scarlet begonia upholstery.

• Like 2

Perhaps Roger could update the lyrics to include, Bush and Blair, lets not forget Sepp Blatter, Jack Warner and Jacob Zuma.

Lets not forget the odious Saudi regime, meanwhile just across the border the lady doesnt protest enuff for me, Aung San Suu Kyi remains silent on the plight on the Royhinga.

Cambodia already a lost cause.

Politics finally comes to the music forum, and why not? Though there are no easy answers, for instance Myanmar and the Rohingya.

Fear and hostility over Muslim migration, their level of reproduction and intransigence to integration, led to hostilities among the Burmese locals in West Burma in regards to the overwhelming numbers of Muslims settling down from East India.These animosities between the 2 communities have been going on for more than a century.

Does it ring a bell with Western Europe today?

The only solution is to turn them on to good music, happy, hippy sounds where we all love each other. Exposure to The Velvet Underground and Lemmy can only lead to turmoil and senseless violence.

Embrace the suicide bombers, (whilst ensuring the detonation cord is yanked free from its connection)

Music to live by, not die by,

• Like 1

BN, best keep the politics to the nutters on the new forum.

Dont want what is a dammed good thread hijacked by the facists and history revisionists.

Even I can relate to this song, just a pity it want sung with a bit more attitude in 3 chords.

Always loved the sax on this, must have me harking back to ole Uncle Nik (Turner).

rgs- a great song from Talk Talk- that authoritative tone of the singer's voice, combined with the sparse yet supportive band backing, produced a unique sound.

Black Sabbath, I'm forced to agree with Sir Bob Harris (M.B.E. failed) on this one, saw them in 71 or 72 at Hull City Hall, a wall of sound that left your ears ringing for days, crucifixes, standing immobile, all dressed in black. Paranoid was a great song though. Tony Iommi is a funny guy,but they're truly Spinal Tap, and worst of all they come from the armpits of England Burrrrrminghum

Mick Abraham's band was more interesting for me

• Like 2

Probably the closest I will ever get to jazz,

The whole album is AMAZING, this from a guy who walked away from the music industry in disgust, and hasnt released anything in over 20+ years.

People like me are willing to pay hundreds of pounds to go and watch a Talk Talk tour or MH tour, this guy has retained his dignity.

BN, get these two albums downloaded asap,

This first one is probably the easiest to get into, a true masterpiece,

This one is a bit darker, but the natural progession, I can not rate these albums highly enuff, music from another space time and dimension.