Thailand'S Worst Drivers

which vehicle causes the most concern  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea that you've spent all this time looking up a word you don't know.Looking at my sentence, I'd say the grammar is awry but the meaning of lexicon is fine.

I'm sorry though that you have got so diverted from the argument - but if you don't understand it then why try to cover it up with an argument about language usage you don't understand either?If you can't workout what isn't part of your lexicon - and it's getting bigger by each of your posts - then I feel sorry for you.....no I lie, i don't I'm just mildly irritated.

I didn't need to look it up to know you used it wrong. I called it right away. Your paragraph doesn't make sense. You even admit the grammar is wrong yourself. When you get the grammar wrong, that means the words you used don't make sense. You failed, yet you still defend your statement. How obstinate is that?

You say something isn't part of my lexicon but you don't say what it is that isn't part of my lexicon. Sentences need subjects. Therefore you used the word incorrectly. The dictionary reference was for your benefit so you can learn what your new word actually means.

You have done a remarkable of taking this thread way off course. It is about cars and what people think of the driving style of the particular cars they choose. Sort of like the song Hairstyles and attitudes.

What kind of vehicle do you drive?

could you post again or direct me?

Certainly, first left at the lights, 2nd right, slow down to miss the etan and two motorcy's on the wrong side of the road with no lights on, lose your grip on reality and the road, overtake on a blind bend then hit the brakes as hard as you can and turn right again.....

This is not a difficult concept is it, so many people complained about the green Pepsi that it just had to be bad, so many people complain about the driving standards here that it has to be bad.... it's got nothing to do with race or racial stereotypes, and to be quite honest most of the westerners contributing to this thread haven't tried that tack, just you.

It's the same problem as all the significant problems in this country, nobody shows anyone how something should be done correctly unless it suits them, and no one ever asks anyone else how something should be done because social strictures say they can't.

:lol: :lol: Not sure why I'm the first to give you a greenie for this but glad to oblige..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Nothing wrong with Thai driving/riding, just accept it, thats the way it is and thats it,

Lickey???? :o Is anyone here saying they have any choice but to accept and deal with it? Really a bit pointless your post and to say that's there nothing wrong with how they drive is a bit like saying the government is perfectly balanced, organized and democratic with no corruption.. Obviously a complete oxymoron...

Edited by WarpSpeed

What Lexicon means:

1. a dictionary, esp one of an ancient language such as Greek or Hebrew

2. a list of terms relating to a particular subject

3. the vocabulary of a language or of an individual

4. linguistics the set of all the morphemes of a language

(World English Dictionary)

In other words; a grouping of words in a list, or the vocabulary of an individual or group of people.

That would mean if something isn't in my lexicon, then there is a word being used that I don't know.

What Deeral said:

I didn't instigate the race issue, it was there and I observed that it was there. If you haven't got the critical ability to see it well - I guess judging by the way you talk about drivers and vehicles in a stereotypical fashion it just isn't part of your lexicon.

How does his comment make sense? He missed out the what that isn't part of my lexicon. Did he mean the way I talk about drivers isn't part of my lexicon, because that makes no sense. Is it critical ability that isn't part of my lexicon? Again, makes no sense.

Sorry I had to be pedantic, but it seemed others were agreeing that he used his high school thesaurus correctly. When in fact he just said nothing at all.

Nope, just didn't want to be bothered to go into that depth especially on your thread and off topic just like the racist bit but felt that was a tad OTT so addressed it being tired of a cop out label to avoid the real issues at hand.. So let it slide.. Your prerogative to do.. Did I use that word correctly?? ;)

Edited by WarpSpeed

"Thai drivers are generally as a good as drivers anywhere else in the world" <deleted>?

In most western countries you have to undergo driver training and then sit a test before being let loose on the roads. At least half the population that drive here don't even have a licence, have never had formal training but think they can drive safely at warp speed!!

But I can!!!!! :D;) though I do find they seem to aim at me quite a bit :( ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Nope, just didn't want to be bothered to go into that depth especially on your thread and off topic just like the racist bit but felt that was a tad OTT so addressed it being tired of a cop out label to avoid the real issues at hand.. So let it slide.. Your prerogative to do.. Did I use that word correctly?? ;)

Yeah I wish I had let the whole thing slide, I got nothing to win arguing semantics with a guy who will say the opposite is true regardless. I don't mean you Warp Speed :D

Intercity luxury buses....overtake you on a double yellow line, horn blasting then stop for a pickup three or four hundred meters down the road......then speed through a country market ( m/cs/kids trucks, people all over the roadway) horn blasting. One slip and they could wipe out twenty odd people...absolutely crazy. And the police do zip to 'em while they sit by their road cones and florescent lights.

oh yes and the black Fortuner riding in your trunk is a given...lol

ever notice the kids in lowered trucks with fat exhausts and low profile tires seem to drive sedately????

Yes, that's because they got them so low, any good size bump means a trip to the fiberglass shop. Ever watch them go over speed bumps? Even going slow they crunchs

But hey, it's cool to be low.

of course ...thought that after my post..well goodon'em..probably saving up for a FRIGIN Vigo...yes cool to be low..loved my old mini for that...hey they is kids right ...think we was the same ..but can't remember..lol

So you cant accept thai driving? its safe enough if you know what to expect, and im sure most of us do, but mr big head wants control as same as UK, well, he has a lot to learn, bikes on the wrong side? normal, no lights, normal, pick-ups with no lights atall, normal, so, mr TA, what are you going to do to make thai roads safer, in your opinion?????

No, nothing you can do is there,, and boasting about your number plates really sums you up, what a w.....,

• Like 1

Whatever!!! all im saying is to give way to Thai drivers, dont get angry, sounding horn ect, it will make them more angry, if they pull out of a street on your right side, in front of you, its because they are blinkered, the way ahead is clear and thats all they care about, they are oblivious to where the danger is coming from, doest matter what you drive or ride,

So mr TA, you have still got a lot to learn about thai traffic, and you didnt exspect to see 2 young kids on the wrong side coming at you???

Oh yes, Vigo drivers are the worst for this, thai kill thai, about 100k, Falang kill Thai about 10millbht,

And finally, You know best of course!!

Whatever!!! all im saying is to give way to Thai drivers, dont get angry, sounding horn ect, it will make them more angry, if they pull out of a street on your right side, in front of you, its because they are blinkered, the way ahead is clear and thats all they care about, they are oblivious to where the danger is coming from, doest matter what you drive or ride,

So mr TA, you have still got a lot to learn about thai traffic, and you didnt exspect to see 2 young kids on the wrong side coming at you???

Oh yes, Vigo drivers are the worst for this, thai kill thai, about 100k, Falang kill Thai about 10millbht,

You still dont understand the topic, but that is to be expected. I have been driving here a few years now and l think all of us know how the the system works and to expect the unexpected at any time but the topic.......

I now feel the worse driver in LOS is probably you, a farang trying to be a Thai driver. :ermm:

Agreed, I have been driving here for around six years, both urban and rural (mostly rural) and I always keep one thing in mind with regards other road users, I just think "what is the dumbest thing that person could do" that way you are not taken by surprise when it happens and you are prepared to take the appropriate action .... the one thing I am not going to do is adopt Thai driving habits myself.

• Like 2

You still dont understand the topic, but that is to be expected. I have been driving here a few years now and l think all of us know how the the system works and to expect the unexpected at any time but the topic.......

I now feel the worse driver in LOS is probably you, a farang trying to be a Thai driver. :ermm:

Agreed, I have been driving here for around six years, both urban and rural (mostly rural) and I always keep one thing in mind with regards other road users, I just think "what is the dumbest thing that person could do" that way you are not taken by surprise when it happens and you are prepared to take the appropriate action .... the one thing I am not going to do is adopt Thai driving habits myself.

This is the problem for me, they still always manage to surprise me with a new low that surpasses anything I've seen before or am prepared for since I'm not capable of thinking to such low standards :( . No jab intended mind you :) ...

• Like 1

Rather than having any use to do with driving this post only goes to show the limitations of the poster's perceptions and driving abilities.

Firstly if you decide a particular type of car is driven in a certain way every time you see it you will reenforce that perception but you don't realise that you are not "seeing" all the other tyopes doing the same.

the usual comments are something like.........

"Look at that...and its a Fortuner AGAiN" - you're actually looking for justification of your own prejudice.

Surly one must admit that if you feel the need to deride other drivers and are permanently surprised or shocked by other road users the fault probably lies with yourself - you simply aren't a good driver?

I agree, to categorize a particular vehicle in that ALL the owners are of the same mindset is daft. Especially Volvo's.:D

Spoken like a truly offensive/defensive VOLVO driver :whistling: ...