Bangkok Fitness Clubs

thaitanic

Jumping in on this thread since I'm moving to Bangkok soon and one of my top priorities is to get a membership at a good gym with convenient location(s). Can anyone shed any light as to whether the prices quoted to the OP are to be expected or are they inflated? Are prices quoted for gyms ever negotiable??? These prices seem pretty high to me, and I'm coming from California (United States). I thought I'd surely get a better rate at a gym in Bangkok. I do have a great rate now at a nationwide gym in the US, but that's because it's through my corporate plan. Thank you all very much for any information you can provide.

• 1 month later...

Is California WOW still offering lifetime memberships for 9,000 baht? That sounds too good to be true. I have been talking to Clark Hatch at Sala Daeng and they are talking 17,500 baht for year. I know there is a California WOW at that skytrain stop as well. Gyms seem ridiculously overpriced here.

Gyms are a poncey overpriced rip-off

get yourself sown to Suan Ben (park next to emporium).

You can jog around a beautiful park for free

They've just put in a load of free machines (Bench press, Hill climbers, Sit up Machines)

All free - As fitness should be

:)

High roller. The cheapskates in Thailand keep amazing me.

Edited by differentbutsamesame

For the sake of comparison I recentlly ( in May this year) paid 15,000 at Califonia Wow for one year, and with restricted use to the Esplanade gym only.

Maybe I got done, who knows, but I am making excellent use of it.

Has anyone paid an annual price at True Fitness at Asoke???

I fancy going there when my membership at expires next year

For the sake of comparison I recentlly ( in May this year) paid 15,000 at Califonia Wow for one year, and with restricted use to the Esplanade gym only.

Maybe I got done, who knows, but I am making excellent use of it.

Has anyone paid an annual price at True Fitness at Asoke???

I fancy going there when my membership at expires next year

They offerred me approx 18,000 baht for 18 months membership a few months ago. Can't remember if everything is included.

I have a life time membership with california wow but since i felt their trainers were trying too hard, i stopped going there (at Jasmin tower br).

Edited by Pammalitta

• 2 months later...

How easy is it to get a lifetime membership at California Wow ?

When I asked at the Pattaya branch they offered me a 1 year membership for 14.999 baht. And that was a "special" offer just for me.

I really would like to have a lifetime membership that I can use in several branches in Thailand.

So who should I talk to , not the nice girls standing outside the gym offering rip-off prices ,

• 6 months later...

I have been a member of California wow for about 4 months now. I usually go to asoke or ekami clubs. There is a lot of deferred maintenance, especially in the free weight area. This area in both clubs is extremely hot and uncomfortable. I asume that AC is cut to keep costs down. It is often cooler outside than it is in the work out area.

I would love to have my money back and look at a better but pricer club!