• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 64

S/E Asian Thai Consulates going to eVisa online system effective Tuesday Oct 8th

2. 329

And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

3. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

4. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

5. 70

Words sentences that are offensive

6. 1,056

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

7. 24

Sending food back to the kitchen?

8. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

9. 34

Oh Beloved Bangkok, How So You Have Changed...

10. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

12. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

13. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

14. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

International School In Chiang Mai

drummond4404

anyone got an 11 year old child or older at an international school and willing to share your experience. I am thinking of bringing my family to CM and will need a good school for our 11 year old. Only those with real life experience to share reply please. This is a serious matter for my wife and me.

I already heard that schools were good quality but that was from someone wanting to sell me a house in CM so I had to ignore it. Maybe parents of chldren at international schools dont read this forum?.

Thank you

Do a forum search top right hand corner lots of stuff on International schools :)

I have 2 daughters in School here in CM however they are quite a bit younger than yours however I only have good experiences with the Private schools here in CM I am sure some other people will be able to comment on a school suitable for your daughter.

DK

do your search homework.. you will see a variety of opinions on the various schools. You might also notice that many folks hedge their bet when posting cuz of stringent libel laws in the Kingdom. So perhaps a friendly PM to a poster would elicit further and more frank discussion.

I have an 8 yr old in an international school here and enjoy it immensely. One factor in determining a school of choice would be location and if you need a "true" international school, meaning credits are easily transferable to US or UK. Also, i believe that some schools specialize in an european curriculum if that is of interest to you.

good luck... it should not be too hard to find what you want. We took my daughter's education very seriously also, and even offered to fly to thailand for a personal interview 3 months before our scheduled move, just to be sure of a place in the school. Some schools are full, on a year to year basis so you might want to start the process sooner, rather than leaving it until you arrive.

As others have already indicated there are many detailed & informative previous threads on international schools in chiang mai ... search on "chiang mai international school" and you will eventually find a post that lists all the international schools here. When you find such a list then you can then search using each school's name to find more threads (which might not show up in your original search results). Lots of good stuff there

I was also planning to ask a question on this topic so rather than start yet another thread, I might tack it on here ...

One of the issues with international schools is that of the high entry fees (Not tuition fees) by which they presumably seek to lock you in and discourage people from moving to another school. Even if you're 100% happy with the school however ... you may not be able to stick around, e.g. you might need to relocate to BKK for work after a relatively short period of time ... thus setting you up to get stung at the next school. There is also the issue of some schools only allowing students to start at the school at the commencement of the school year ... also a problem if you are balancing other demands.

Can anyone tell me if any of the international schools are a bit more flexible with these issues? This is not a subject that I can recall being covered in any of the earlier threads I have seen thus far. Thanks everyone