Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Was only joking mate.

Nothing about cutting through traffic. The city was half empty and the light little torque-y CBR was great fun for the short bursts between traffic lights and u-turns. As they say, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. :rolleyes:

I was just joking aswell, but i would take the cbr1000 over my ER6n through traffic in Bangkok, it's unreal how easy it is to maneuver through traffic.

You need to join us sometime for a trackday on your cbr250, somewhere that you can really let loose. I think you guys would have a blast at thailand circuit on the 250

I've been chatting to Tony about doing Nakhon Chasri. I was thinking sometime next week.

Heho do you have time, I was going to see if Brian wanted to come as well.

newf do you have some time next week?? What with you and Tony showing us the ropes i might actually be able to go around those goddamn curves :DB)

I need to get some Km's on mine before i do a track day (it's got 222km)

I don't have a work schedule, just on call everyday but if i'm not working i can go. Just let me know what day you plan to go and i should have an idea a day or so before if i'll have to work. I was actually thinking about going this wednesday, usually a few guys/customers from Red Barron show up on wednesdays.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was only joking mate.

Nothing about cutting through traffic. The city was half empty and the light little torque-y CBR was great fun for the short bursts between traffic lights and u-turns. As they say, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. :rolleyes:

I was just joking aswell, but i would take the cbr1000 over my ER6n through traffic in Bangkok, it's unreal how easy it is to maneuver through traffic.

You need to join us sometime for a trackday on your cbr250, somewhere that you can really let loose. I think you guys would have a blast at thailand circuit on the 250

I've been chatting to Tony about doing Nakhon Chasri. I was thinking sometime next week.

newf do you have some time next week?? What with you and Tony showing us the ropes i might actually be able to go around those goddamn curves :DB)

A weekday at Thailand Circuit next week sounds great! I'm busy Monday but can get out there pretty much any other day of the week. Haven't ridden track in over 2 months now! :blink:

Was only joking mate.

A weekday at Thailand Circuit next week sounds great! I'm busy Monday but can get out there pretty much any other day of the week. Haven't ridden track in over 2 months now! :blink:

Ok. let me get some more km's on the bike this week and look at next week as a go.. ohhhhh my 1st track day (that time at Bira DOES NOT COUNT :D)

Ok. let me get some more km's on the bike this week and look at next week as a go.. ohhhhh my 1st track day (that time at Bira DOES NOT COUNT :D)

Why doesn't your day at BIRA count? As I recall you even got your knee down! :lol:

Ummm and everything else B) I was doing quite well on the Mio until the tyre rolled of the wheel.

My daily dummy spit is: why can the Aussies get the tri-colour scheme yet Mityon in Pattaya say no can do when I ask for the parts to change mine!

"http://www.cycletorque.com.au/Honda-CBR250R-2011 The bike comes in two colour schemes, a classic Honda red, white and blue while the other option, and my favourite is the black with silver rims. "

bl00dy annoying! mad.gif

My daily dummy spit is: why can the Aussies get the tri-colour scheme yet Mityon in Pattaya say no can do when I ask for the parts to change mine!

"http://www.cycletorque.com.au/Honda-CBR250R-2011 The bike comes in two colour schemes, a classic Honda red, white and blue while the other option, and my favourite is the black with silver rims. "

bl00dy annoying! mad.gif

For some reason the brilliant minds at APe Honda marketing decided that Thailand would only get the tri-colour in 150 guise. Maybe the tri-colour 250 will be the '2012' model for Thailand. :lol:

So Thaicbr, how much are you loving the bike?

It still surprises me how much fun it is most days.

6 days out of 7 I'm commuting around the city and all that low end torque is a blast, not to mention how light and nimble it feels. Hope you're enjoying it.

So Thaicbr, how much are you loving the bike?

It still surprises me how much fun it is most days.

6 days out of 7 I'm commuting around the city and all that low end torque is a blast, not to mention how light and nimble it feels. Hope you're enjoying it.

thaichi. nothing going on it this month. just want to ride as much as possible.

heho. the bike is every thing i expected. I'm enjoying get back riding after 12mths.

BSJ. the parts are the same as the Cbr 150.. i just got the silver bits replaced for black 1,600b at Sumet cycle (TV sponsor).

post-62652-0-52454500-1317785465_thumb.j

I thought they were the same! When the girl at Mityon said no....I looked at 150 and 250 side by side and couldn't see the difference. The only thing I could think of was underside brackets welded in different location.

To change out the silver for red or black I was quoted 6300baht including tank (no fuel cock), no labour. I assume same for tri-colour.

Thanks for the link. Excellent price if it's genuine Yoshi. I have seen some dealers in bkk offering the slipon at more than the price this lot have a full system on offer.

Aftermarket pipe?

tbh, most of the stuff besides the pipes (and Yoshi bits n pieces) that are being sold (in the states at least) are coming out of Thailand - 'Bikers' with their colourful levers etc. And Tyga have a USA distributor. Most on the mainly US forum are dealing with them.

Puig screen can be bought on E-Bay pretty cheaply.

So, not much really. A fuel injection kit? Bazzaz have one out. Not sure about a powercommander yet.

How much are Yoshi slip-ons there. If you bring one and don't buy the bike I might be happy to take it off your hands. :)

Edited by hehehoho

I thought they were the same! When the girl at Mityon said no....

No obviously meant 'yes'.

You no unnerstan Thailand.

Confusus say "man who come to Thailand, fall in luv with Thai girl, stay here long time, learn to speak Thai....maybe nuts!" :jap:

Ok, been away from here for a few days, and not keeping up with things here. Been too busy watching the flooding and what is happening with that.

Just want to say that I hope all our friends, members, fellow riders on here, and everywhere, are safe and dry.

Ride smart, ride safe, live to ride another day.

Hi!

I've been out of circulation for a while, but now I am back in Thailand.

Rather than sift through more than 100 pages on this thread, I was hoping someone could give a roundup of modifications that people have found successful for the 250.

Tires, exhaust, FI mods, suspension, motor mods, whatever. What are the best mods???

Anyone care to summarize for us? Hope so...

Thanks, Mark

Hi!

I've been out of circulation for a while, but now I am back in Thailand.

Rather than sift through more than 100 pages on this thread, I was hoping someone could give a roundup of modifications that people have found successful for the 250.

Tires, exhaust, FI mods, suspension, motor mods, whatever. What are the best mods???

Anyone care to summarize for us? Hope so...

Thanks, Mark

Most popular performance mod on this thread seems to be selling the Honda and buying a Kwacker 650... ;)

Well pretty much the usual suspects... new tyres for grip and a decent exhaust and ecu reset and your good to go. But i'm still trying to find a decent looking exhaust that's not to noisy.

Most Thai's are just spending money on shiny stuff.

Well pretty much the usual suspects... new tyres for grip and a decent exhaust and ecu reset and your good to go. But i'm still trying to find a decent looking exhaust that's not to noisy.

Most Thai's are just spending money on shiny stuff.

Thanks.

Anyone try a larger rear socket? Or smaller front? You know - lower top end, better acceleration...

My bike does 156. I'd be more than happy with 145. About 7% more teeth for the rear sprocket I think?

Need a new then chain too. Can you keep the same chain with a smaller front?

Edited by wjmark