Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Thanks thaicbr, been to busy for a few days to keep the girls quiet

This is a cbr250 thread, bashing each other can be done by PM, not in public, Ninjettes in the cbr250-ninjette thread, riding skills perhaps a new topic? Please be kind to our sponsor, please post on topic, or recieve a free holiday

To where?

I'm going to do a 3 day ride through Kanchanaburi up to Sangkhlaburi (Burmese border area) next month on my CBR, can I get Thai visa to sponsor it?

Edited by hehehoho

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a cbr250 thread, bashing each other can be done by PM, not in public, Ninjettes in the cbr250-ninjette thread, riding skills perhaps a new topic? Please be kind to our sponsor, please post on topic, or recieve a free holiday

To where?

I'm going to do a 3 day ride through Kanchanaburi up to Sangkhlaburi (Burmese border area) next month on my CBR, can I get Thai visa to sponsor it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To where?

When are you going? are you going up to 3 pagoda's pass?

Depends what the fighting is like up there at that time.

Live on the edge, me.

Probably be something like this, with a night around Sangkhlaburi and another around Petchaburi. Just without all the double backs that G.Earth likes to throw in.

Edited by hehehoho

If anyone is looking for second hand cbr 250's there are plenty for sale on thai cbr website http://www.cbr250tha...hread.php?fid=6 one just sold 80,000 and a 500km abs for 95,000, they seem to appear daily-ish so good place to look if you dont like the premium on new bikes.

Probably the Thai's buying toys they cannot afford whistling.gif

Thanks for the pointer !

I was just in Patts and was quoted 138k for a non ABS new CBR 250 !!

If anyone is looking for second hand cbr 250's there are plenty for sale on thai cbr website http://www.cbr250tha...hread.php?fid=6 one just sold 80,000 and a 500km abs for 95,000, they seem to appear daily-ish so good place to look if you dont like the premium on new bikes.

Probably the Thai's buying toys they cannot afford whistling.gif

Thanks for the pointer !

I was just in Patts and was quoted 138k for a non ABS new CBR 250 !!

My local shop (just outside BKK) was 111,500 on the road for the same.. just shop around. especially if paying cash.

I decided to try out the 3" projector eye. Check it out here:

Wow.. That's better... Looks quite close to the lens though.. what's the temperature like?

This is a 3". what was the 1st one 2"?

I think i have seen 21/4 and 23/4 ones on ebay.

Wow.. That's better... Looks quite close to the lens though.. what's the temperature like?

also these spotlights look nice, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spot-Lights-50mm-Fork-Mount-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Trike-/190543662895?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c5d498f2f#ht_9784wt_1024

Made by a Taiwanese company. I wonder if some one could bring them in.. with either 35w H3's or Hid's in these would be killer.. I would pay up to 3,000b for them (if they look as good as the pictures)

It is pretty close to the lens, but I quite like the look of this one. It is warm, but it doesn't seem hot enough to melt anything. Yes, the last one had a 2" eye.

For biggish difference in sound, and perhaps change in performance.

Simply take off the seat, you'll see the induction funnel for the airfilter and above this the access cover to the airfilter, held in with two screws.

Undo the screws and remove.

Big difference in sound, and others who've done it have reported a gain in performance once the ECU has adjusted the fuel map.

Just going out for a short ride now so will see, but the sound is quite different at idle and low rpm, definitely way more meat to it.

Just to reconfirm, it's only the access cover you're removing, not the airfilter itself.

Idea taken from 'inbits' on the cbr250.net forum.

The difference in sound is amazing by just removing the airfilter access cover. Especially under acceleration. Don't know about performance as I was away for a few days and hadn't ridden it. Feels about the same though.

Would recommend all to try it and see and what ye think. Only takes 1 minute to take of the seat and remove it with it's two screws.

Introducing the Moriwaki Blue Bomber.

CBR paint work now available at Sumet. Something like this would cost about 6,000 baht.

Looks ok, but can you do THIS one?

post-82655-0-36938500-1308802925_thumb.j

The yellow would be easy enough to do. I'm not so sure about the black design though.

CBR paint work now available at Sumet. Something like this would cost about 6,000 baht.

The yellow would be easy enough to do. I'm not so sure about the black design though.

Ok, this was one of the first pics I saw of the new 250. My wife totally loves it, and I like it as well. Her opinion is: "That is the one to get!" I don't know if this was an actual Honda paint job, or merely an artists conception, but whichever, this color combo would be, and is, my first choice. Is it possible you can check with AP Honda and find out if this is available? As you said, the yellow would be easy, but the decals maybe not. But, they, or something similar, could be obtained from the guys that do the stuff for cars and bikes that we've seen on here before. But factory issue would be best.

Ok, this was one of the first pics I saw of the new 250. My wife totally loves it, and I like it as well. Her opinion is: "That is the one to get!" I don't know if this was an actual Honda paint job, or merely an artists conception, but whichever, this color combo would be, and is, my first choice. Is it possible you can check with AP Honda and find out if this is available? As you said, the yellow would be easy, but the decals maybe not. But, they, or something similar, could be obtained from the guys that do the stuff for cars and bikes that we've seen on here before. But factory issue would be best.

That was a Spanish (?) artist's representation of the bike that they thought was going to be the new CBR 250R....

That was a Spanish (?) artist's representation of the bike that they thought was going to be the new CBR 250R....

Yeah, I had a feeling it might have been something like that, but doesn't change the fact that I'd love to have one just like it. lol

Yeah, I had a feeling it might have been something like that, but doesn't change the fact that I'd love to have one just like it. lol

decals should be easy enough in a graphic sticker shop

paint job is simple

question is, do you want to pay for stickers and yellow to be clearcoted, if so stickers should be in a matt finish

There's a shop near Bosang/Sankamphaeng that does vinyl decals at reasonable prices. I had them print some for my helmet a while back. The shop owner gave me his calling card, I'll try to see if I can find it. The stickers are matte finish just in case you want them clear coated. Scotchlite stickers would look awesome at night.

Edited by RED21

question is, do you want to pay for stickers and yellow to be clearcoted, if so stickers should be in a matt finish

That would be a definite "Yes"

There's a shop near Bosang/Sankamphaeng that does vinyl decals at reasonable prices. I had them print some for my helmet a while back. The shop owner gave me his calling card, I'll try to see if I can find it.

Hey, that's where I live, so that would be convenient. If you can't find the card, give me an idea of where the shop is and I can probably find it. Thanks, Red

Shad Boxes (mounting bracket included) are now Available at Sumet with a special promotional price until the end of August. They have ones for the PCX as well. Shipping is available. The prices on the left are the regular prices and the ones on the right are the promotional prices. The prices for the back rest pads are at the bottom. Thanks.

Brian

post-121278-0-93153400-1308895806_thumb.

post-121278-0-50760400-1308895808_thumb.

post-121278-0-92757200-1308895809_thumb.

post-121278-0-57277000-1308895811_thumb.

post-121278-0-68013200-1308895812_thumb.

post-121278-0-74267000-1308895813_thumb.

post-121278-0-04964700-1308895815_thumb.

post-121278-0-24850100-1308895816_thumb.

post-121278-0-58827300-1308895817_thumb.

post-121278-0-96657400-1308895818_thumb.

post-121278-0-67158200-1308895837_thumb.

post-121278-0-60804400-1308895906_thumb.

also these spotlights look nice, http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_9784wt_1024

Made by a Taiwanese company. I wonder if some one could bring them in.. with either 35w H3's or Hid's in these would be killer.. I would pay up to 3,000b for them (if they look as good as the pictures)

But Allan they are selling for 6000 Baht... ;):whistling::lol:

Yer but Tony that's in the UK and we know how expensive that place isbiggrin.gif. They are made in Taiwan. I'm sure and enterprising person could get them and sell them cheaper here in LOS.

Shad Boxes (mounting bracket included) are now Available at Sumet with a special promotional price until the end of August. They have ones for the PCX as well. Shipping is available. The prices on the left are the regular prices and the ones on the right are the promotional prices. The prices for the back rest pads are at the bottom. Thanks.

Brian

Brian... How much just for the rack mount for the Cbr250r?

Ps that Blue bike looks nice..should have had the Honda wing logo though biggrin.gif

Edited by thaicbr

Brian

Brian... How much just for the rack mount for the Cbr250r?

Ps that Blue bike looks nice..should have had the Honda wing logo though biggrin.gif

The rack by itself is 2,200.

I actually put some nice white Honda wing logos on today. It is still a work in progress. The wife likes it so much that she is thinking of learning to ride and keeping it for herself.

Brian

Hi there, I've become a CBR250r owner and need a top box! Will the SH45 hold 2 fullface helmets? And, judging by the pix, it is only painted (coloured?) down the top middle.

PS: The red panel at the back is a reflector....or taillamp?

Edited by BSJ

Brian

Hi there, I've become a CBR250r owner and need a top box! Will the SH45 hold 2 fullface helmets? And, judging by the pix, it is only painted (coloured?) down the top middle.

PS: The red panel at the back is a reflector....or taillamp?

Hi BSJ. There's a decent write up about Shad on webbikeworld http://www.webbikewo...e/shad-luggage/

On some models I think the colour you refer to is a swapable plate to colour code your luggage.

Based on the write up and price I shot over to Sumet to buy an SH45 which by all accounts holds two full face helmets BUT maybe not two modular helmets!

Had to order one as they didn't have one off the shelf but should be available in a couple of days. Can't argue with that!

I love my tank bag but haulling it around can be a pain :-)