Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Tiffer. Have you had a look at the RST stuff at http://www.blacksteed.com/

A Uk Brand that Blackstead price reasonably.

Looks good but 3 season kit right?

I've got a nice Frank Thomas set in the UK which would be great for northern Thailand around now around town... a broiler on wheels ;-)

Dunno exactly what you mean. but it isn't all mesh if thats what your getting at. They do have a mesh jacket the Ventilator 2 which looks pretty good. Loads of reflective stuff, mesh were you need it and strength were you need it too.

http://www.rst-moto.com/index.php/products-details/moto_rst_ventilator_ii_textile_jacket/

Ahhh i get it. you mean the liners..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiffer. Have you had a look at the RST stuff at http://www.blacksteed.com/

A Uk Brand that Blackstead price reasonably.

Looks good but 3 season kit right?

I've got a nice Frank Thomas set in the UK which would be great for northern Thailand around now around town... a broiler on wheels ;-)

Dunno exactly what you mean. but it isn't all mesh if thats what your getting at. They do have a mesh jacket the Ventilator 2 which looks pretty good. Loads of reflective stuff, mesh were you need it and strength were you need it too.

http://www.rst-moto....textile_jacket/

Ahhh i get it. you mean the liners..

Yep. That looks like a good jacket, 600D + full armour included + decent fasteners + high vis? and priced like a Revit Air

I didn't spot it first time :whistling:

Might have to change my route back from good old Ongkharak to BKK and stop by...

Edited by Tiffer

How about a thread on protective gear and sourcing it.

Or perhaps one on the CBR250. rolleyes.gif

Ohhhh who hasn't had their coffee this morning.

I would have thought considering the Cbr250 may be users 1st bike it is very appropriate that we talk about protective gearbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Have noticed that most of the locals on 150s, phantoms and the such have generally accepted that their bike is less powerful just sit back and watch it. Though a small few cant accept it and get on suicide missions to prove themselves. sad.gif

Was 2 up with the missus last night and at the light going onto an empty stretch of Ratchada I took off at normal speed, up to 5000rpm or so and up a gear, everything was left behind even at this. Cruising at around 110 I saw an old cbr150 that was just behind us at the lights tearing up the inside as fast as he could, belly on the tank pinning it, I let him get close then pulled from my 6000rpm of 110kph up to 140 and he was left for dead. Coming to traffic again I slowed right down to normal driving, contest over, but of course he has to continue pinning it through congested traffic to get to the light ahead. Poor fellas.

Later along Viphawadee it was a phantom that was fighting to keep up with us at our cruising speed, when the road opened up I just pulled back a bit and he was left panting in the rear distance. Through suicidal driving through traffic he eventually caught up and as the lights were coming into distance had to take his pig through a suicidal gap at high speed to get there ahead of us... wonder which he did. rolleyes.gif

Poor guys, when it means that much to them.

2 up though the CBR is great. Fantastic power distribution through the range so it's never really left panting, and pull back on open road and as I learned with the 150 yesterday, pull back from 110kph cruising at 6000rpm, and it just shoots you off into the distance and up to 140 no problems.

Have noticed that most of the locals on 150s, phantoms and the such have generally accepted that their bike is less powerful just sit back and watch it. Though a small few cant accept it and get on suicide missions to prove themselves. sad.gif

Was 2 up with the missus last night and at the light going onto an empty stretch of Ratchada I took off at normal speed, up to 5000rpm or so and up a gear, everything was left behind even at this. Cruising at around 110 I saw an old cbr150 that was just behind us at the lights tearing up the inside as fast as he could, belly on the tank pinning it, I let him get close then pulled from my 6000rpm of 110kph up to 140 and he was left for dead. Coming to traffic again I slowed right down to normal driving, contest over, but of course he has to continue pinning it through congested traffic to get to the light ahead. Poor fellas.

Later along Viphawadee it was a phantom that was fighting to keep up with us at our cruising speed, when the road opened up I just pulled back a bit and he was left panting in the rear distance. Through suicidal driving through traffic he eventually caught up and as the lights were coming into distance had to take his pig through a suicidal gap at high speed to get there ahead of us... wonder which he did. rolleyes.gif

2 up though the CBR is great. Fantastic power distribution through the range so it's never really left panting, and pull back on open road and as I learned with the 150 yesterday, pull back from 110kph cruising at 6000rpm, and it just shoots you off into the distance and up to 140 no problems.

Same happened to me today on the way to work. Driving on the left next to the cars Mototaxi Sonic found a gap wanted to past, pulled the throttle a little off he goes. As you said power distribution is great. As for the old cbr150 it tooks some time when pulling the throttle on the 250 the respond is right there.

My regular dealer in Bangkok is quoting the ABS version at 150k baht now, anybody got any higher than that?!

This lack of fixed pricing is annoying the #@!# out of me now, I'm 99% sure I'm going to take the money and use it as a deposit on a Kawasaki instead.

My regular dealer in Bangkok is quoting the ABS version at 150k baht now, anybody got any higher than that?!

This lack of fixed pricing is annoying the #@!# out of me now, I'm 99% sure I'm going to take the money and use it as a deposit on a Kawasaki instead.

Yes Gippy thats an big issue reason for that are the greedy dealers which knows the demand is still higher than availability. ABS should not more than 120k on the road. I was quoted 118k excluding insurance which is 2700 1year or 3500 2 years including theft. If you can bear i would look further until you will find a honest dealer. Gave me a headache but worked for me and now i am :lol:

Mityon in Pattaya quoted me 115k with ABS, available end of jan.

The new 150 with a few mods will definitely haul a_ss. Today coming back from Global House I had pretty much wide open highway. Didn't take long to get to 130, but then I had to back off due to some traffic. One thing I've noticed is that even at 120-125, the new one is a heck of a lot more stable than the old model at 110-115. One of these days I'll hook up my camera on video and get it out on the highway and see just what top end is. Have a feeling it will be over 135, but not sure if it will hit 140. Then again....

Everyday...

Its usually at the end of my commute as a pass through town. I get to traffic light and some douche on an antique 2-stroke noise maker is giving me the eyecrazy.gif. I ignore the crazy because i think he wants to knock me off and steel my money then the light turns green and they expect me to scream off the line at full tilt. I just smoothly but firmly accelerate away and pass them doing over a ton. coffee1.gif

The best thing though has to be playing with Fortuners - I felt the old 150 had a slight lack at over 90kph but this flys from 90-130+. I love it. The tossers come within an inch of your tail when they can clearly see from that great vantage point that there is nowhere for you to go. Then a gap opens up and they eat dirt - do they think that your sitting there just to annoy them? Dummys.

I love my CBR250!!wub.gif

Edited by Kernow86

Actually the point was that it happens a lot less. It's just that the buffaloes with the extra delicate egos that need to save themselves some sense of manliness go that little bit closer to a splattery death to do so... probably go home to beat their wife to really feel like a man. sad.gif

Actually the point was that it happens a lot less. It's just that the buffaloes with the extra delicate egos that need to save themselves some sense of manliness go that little bit closer to a splattery death to do so... probably go home to beat their wife to really feel like a man. sad.gif

Have you had a bad day?

When I've had a day like that i like to hold the gears a little longer and really enjoy the ride home. By the time i walk in the door i'm happy as Larry!

smile.gif

Acceleration 0-165kph.

Actually quite impressive for a standard bike. Reading his comments on youtube he reckons it'll be faster once it's loosened up a bit.

Edit: Very similar to ninja 250 ;)

Edited by JUDAS

I can't see what the big deal is. My new twin Lifan does the same thing - takes a long time to get up to top speed from, say, 10km/h lower. And my Custom V 250 only has 5 speeds and no rpm indicator and is not yet really broken in. Beats Phantoms without a thought throughout the range. Intimidates little children on Sparks and such. Costs tons less than Honda's 250 and tons more less than Kawaninja..

Admittedly, it is not water cooked, does require 40 weight oil and can only go 120 so far, but just wait until it is broke in. I mean, with max torque at 6000 rpm, what does that tell you!

(Or is it, as it seems now that we have our claws on the CBR250, all about speed and bragging rights? And if so, I have, so far, more chrome than you do!)

The Honda CBR250R is the better motorcycle, not just because the engine of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R was designed and first build back nearly 27 years ago, and the CBR250R engine was designed and build with all modern technology available since 2009. Nope it has little to do with that, all I have to say that since Honda pushed for going green (about 4 years ago) it learned and invented a lot more about better combustion and how-to make a engine much smoother.

With modern computerized balancing it is possible to smooth out all vibration normally associated with a single cylinder engine. But again that is not so important... I know motorcycle that vibrate more than some battery sticks naughty girls use...

What is important is availability of aftermarket parts and accessories. If we look at the Honda CBR250R we can notice that almost every self-respectable Thai aftermarket part manufacturer is working on products for the new Honda CBR250R.

With the Kawasaki Ninja 250R the aftermarket parts fall short, yes you can buy some budget exhaust pipe from Tsukigi Racing exhaust pipe (work pretty good also) and you can find here and there some parts made b Thai companies... but most is imported – and it seems that Kawasaki is proud that this products are being imported as they love to inform everybody who asks about the price they will say in the same sentence that the part is “imported”.

Honda Thailand does it different, they help Thai manufacturers (and maybe other countries also) with a support team, like if you want to make aftermarket parts for the Honda CBR250R you not need to research a lot, you get all data from Honda including technical specs, tolerances and drawings... sure some administrative charges are involved. But this opens up the possibility for even the smallest manufacturer to produce parts for the Honda CBR250R without doing expensive research.

For the people who know a thing of two about computers, MS-Dos, or even MS-Windows was never the best operating system... Still they made it big because they had a better plan and marketing...

Edited by Richard-BKK

I can't see what the big deal is. My new twin Lifan does the same thing - takes a long time to get up to top speed from, say, 10km/h lower. And my Custom V 250 only has 5 speeds and no rpm indicator and is not yet really broken in. Beats Phantoms without a thought throughout the range. Intimidates little children on Sparks and such. Costs tons less than Honda's 250 and tons more less than Kawaninja..

Admittedly, it is not water cooked, does require 40 weight oil and can only go 120 so far, but just wait until it is broke in. I mean, with max torque at 6000 rpm, what does that tell you!

(Or is it, as it seems now that we have our claws on the CBR250, all about speed and bragging rights? And if so, I have, so far, more chrome than you do!)

Well man...It tells me nothing.

Regarding nature of comparing things, first thing they told me when i was around six was; "Never put apples and pears together in the same basket."

I think the only common point among those two bikes, apart from a brief breeze of regret, has to be; "Both bikes have two wheels and an engine."

Still, you can open another topic as Lifan V 250 vs Honda Cbr 250biggrin.gif which would be fun to read.

"With the Kawasaki Ninja 250R the aftermarket parts fall short, yes you can buy some budget exhaust pipe from Tsukigi Racing exhaust pipe (work pretty good also) and you can find here and there some parts made b Thai companies... but most is imported – "

Richard... i'm not exactly sure what you mean by this because in fact you can buy pretty much every part for the Ninja made here in Thailand. If you mean that other countries worldwide make a better product then yes sure, maybe. But to say it's not available...please :whistling:

Also Thai's in general like the word "imported"

why do you think Tiger motorcycles are slagged of by Thai's. And that lots of bikes have imported(or fake) Yoshi's etc on them.

I for one haven't seen a Ninja 250 since getting my Honda. Perhaps they have all gone underground.

I'm not so interested to race one BUT i would love to meet an owner, compare and ride one. Perhaps over a beer?

Scubba? Kata? Phuket meet?

To be convincing, racing one stock model against the other to satisfy everyone would require a lot: Same neutral experienced rider on a variety of tracks as well as a straight track with measured distances. Same tires. Goes on and on, and partisans will continue to rule. But racing is the dominant gene in posters here (otherwise the aftermarkets would not be so zealously sought for speed-makers).

Then several other stock bikes to be more certain.

Then, modded bikes. The cry always the same childish whine, "My bike is better than your bike."

Edited by CMX