What Is It With................

Kan Win

I think that in many cases, the OP has been slagged off, made fun of, his question has been scrutinized and critisized, maybe hes not a native English speaker and every single error will be pointed out in his post, if it's concerning his GF or Wife then she is run through the mill and accused of being a whore and a liar etc etc.

Anything concerning the OP spending any money in Thailand will be met with the usual comments about how stupid he is and he'll lose the lot etc etc etc.

Anything about Thai people will be met with the usual anti Thai negative posts etc etc.

I understand why they don't come back, hardly surprising to me.

Edited by sillyman99

It's like a friend of mine a few years ago called me everyday for a month wanting to borrow some money, we were on strike at the time. After I loaned him the money how many calls do you think I got, even on the due date do you think I got a call. I was eventually repaid over 2 years and when I asked for the 100 dollars in interest we agreeded upon he had conviently forgotten that part of the deal. Needless to say we are no longer friends

Once people get what they want even, if it is good, forget about it.

After a thread in the business section on here I got a PM from one member asking a multitude of questions about sourcing products from Thailand, exporting them and how to go about selling them in the UK. I gave him a very comprehensive reply, just to be helpful. No reply and never a word of thanks.

So I won't be doing such a time-consuming thing again.

Unfortunately, this is often the nature of being Helpful,Generous, and Caring,

you get crapped on,by the selfish and ungrateful amongst us.

Over the years, I have become accustomed to it,so when a thank you is received, it comes as a pleasant surprise.

They are too ignorant to understand,and its often too late to teach them some manners.

The OP probably does not consider it of importance , the way children are getting 'Dragged up ' in recent times it may not even have been considered as the decent thing to do . Just ignore him next time .

:D

Happens all the time, Kan... even in real life. I've found expensive items (fly boxes, knives, fishing tackle, and once a camera etc) along the river and I've taken the time to post it on a forum. Then, when I DO find the owner and mail it to him at my own expense, I don't get the courtesy of a simple thank you.

I just chalk it up to bad manners, but it doesn't stop me from helping others. I'd rather make one person's day than worry too much about all the uncouth boors.

• Like 1

Personally i have to admit that i found myself guilty of it on some occasions, but probably not for the reasons that you think, i am not trying to be ungratefull or not caring about other people efforts, not at all, actually is the contrary, it might sound crazy, but when it happen, it's because either i would try to add a bit more than just a simple "thanks" but for a series of different reasons which can be not having the time to maybe add more details that might need a bit more research or whatever else, got to postpone...and unfortunately this can actually look the other way round, possibly because there are really lots of people that couldn't care less about good manners, i got to find a solution for this, so, in the mean time, a big thanks to all the replies i might have forgotten about, past, present and futures :lol: :jap:

Kan Win,

I have always appreciated your photos and the time that you have taken to upload them.

If I haven't said it

THANK YOU for showing us parts of Thailand that we probably would never see.

This is not a nasty post - just one that I should have said years ago.

• Like 1

Kan Win,

I have always appreciated your photos and the time that you have taken to upload them.

If I haven't said it

THANK YOU for showing us parts of Thailand that we probably would never see.

This is not a nasty post - just one that I should have said years ago.

Don't worry Patsy, KanWin won't be back to say thanks. biggrin.gif

I think that in many cases, the OP has been slagged off, made fun of, his question has been scrutinized and critisized, maybe hes not a native English speaker and every single error will be pointed out in his post, if it's concerning his GF or Wife then she is run through the mill and accused of being a whore and a liar etc etc.

Anything concerning the OP spending any money in Thailand will be met with the usual comments about how stupid he is and he'll lose the lot etc etc etc.

Anything about Thai people will be met with the usual anti Thai negative posts etc etc.

I understand why they don't come back, hardly surprising to me.

Whether or not this is the answer to the question, I'm not sure, but it is a pretty accurate summary of TV. Since I've been reading through the threads I'm always astonished at how many people live here but still moan about everything that is possible to moan about. I love it here and I love the people but have met very few "nice" farangs here. I choose to spend my life with Thai people who the majority of farangs on TV seem to love moaning about.

I was also wondering if we'll get a reply from the OP!

I have done this unintentionally also, but the reply I received was days after my original post and I had forgotten about it until much later. What is strange is that I have made posts that are not answered on the thread but by pm's. I never asked the person why they don't answer on the board as its none of my business. I do thank them however.

I have a different feeling about this. It doesn't matter. Many questions are questions that other people have, or are going to have in future. Not only the OP reads the info and answers that follow a question. By posting such things, it adds to the general knowledge for everyone who reads it. So it is often a bigger thing than just about the OP.

For example, I now consider myself an expert on retirement visas, retirement extensions, and ways to start that without an 0-A visa. I wouldn't know what I know now without reading about other people's problems and experiences.

Edited by Jingthing

Hi Folks,

Thank you very much for your input.:)

Not a Thai, just a Polish Refugee after WW II with a Brit Passport. Now you knowB)

Sawadee :wai:

Ok i thought you were dutch because you assumed the name of a Dutch actor Win Kan

I'm fairly sure the Kan part comes from Unky Win's location.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Not a Thai, just a Polish Refugee after WW II with a Brit Passport. Now you knowB)

Ok i thought you were dutch because you assumed the name of a Dutch actor Win Kan

Again my mistake

assumption is the mother of all ####ps :D

Hi Folks,

Hi 'Thaddeus',

Thank you and you are correct :wai:

and to 'robblok'

Living in Kanchanaburi (Kan) before (and still do on week-ends) I joined ThaiVisaDotCom hence Kan and me name is Win short for Win....y B)

some times I Kan Win :w00t:

Apologies for a brief meander back on topic

but why are you upset? Did you only offer the advice for the anonymous gratitude you would receive?

Let's face it - the OP (not this OP, but the ungrateful OP who did not say 'thanks' is probably not going to be able to help you in the future. Whereas the third party readers, who also take note of your advice, would not feel obliged to say thanks, since it was not their thread; and yet they are the ones who may help out in the future. We (*1) don't post here for thanks, we (*1) post in the hope that THaivisa continues to be a source of useful advice.

SC

*1 When I say "we" I mean those other members who sometimes post constructive and helpful advice, rather than those of us who post facetious back-biting bile, but whenever I have been carried away and been constructive, that is the way I was thinking...

Perhaps they are too distraught in their personal lives to think about anything else?

Having known someone who committed suicide recently, I've come to realise that he didn't say 'thanks' for how I helped him because he couldn't think about anything other than his own problems.

Same with posters, to a lesser degree obviously.