Outgoing Kasikorn Transfers

I know making transfers to a Thai account is only 25 baht or so. But what happens when you want to send money from your Kasikorn account to an international bank account (in Europe)? I can't seem to find what the fees are. I was hoping to do this online rather than having to walk into a branch, but I can't find the information on the website. I suppose if you start the transfer you'll see the cost at some point, but I don't need to do it just yet, so any ideas of costs?

No you cannot do it online and as BWPattaya indicates it's not easy in branch either.

I did it a couple of months ago and it was like pulling teeth, I only sent a little over £120 and I seem to recall it cost me in the region of 500 Baht, though it could have been a bit less.

Ok, never mind then. My landlord lives in Europe and he asked me if I could pay the rent by transfering the money to his account in Denmark rather than his local Kasikorn account. I'm just going to tell him no. There's no way I'm going to go through so much trouble every month. Thanks for the info!

Ok, never mind then. My landlord lives in Europe and he asked me if I could pay the rent by transfering the money to his account in Denmark rather than his local Kasikorn account. I'm just going to tell him no. There's no way I'm going to go through so much trouble every month. Thanks for the info!

The easiest way for a transaction of this type is probably by Paypal.

Whats the wait these days for inward funds?, I've been waiting 7 working day for funds to my K-Bank, i am sure years ago it was only 3 days. I called them, but was not given a straight answer

I had money sent from a Bank of America account (not my account) to my account in Kasikorn. It took 14 hours.

ETA: If you're waiting for Paypal funds, though, it takes 10 days.

Edited by Taro

Whats the wait these days for inward funds?, I've been waiting 7 working day for funds to my K-Bank, i am sure years ago it was only 3 days. I called them, but was not given a straight answer

I had money sent from a Bank of America account (not my account) to my account in Kasikorn. It took 14 hours.

ETA: If you're waiting for Paypal funds, though, it takes 10 days.

Think i will try another phone call, and not get brushed off so easy this time

I haven't used it but K-Bank's online web site allows International Funds Transfer. Also on same page is the fees:

Foreign Currency Used Details

Charge Ben

Transfer fee (baht) Charge Our

Transfer fee plus extra charge (baht)

AUD : Australian Dollar 300 300 + 800

CAD : Canadian Dollar 300 300 + 800

CHF : Swiss Franc 300 300 + 800

DKK : Denish Krone 300 300 + 800

EUR : European Euro 300 300 + 1,200

GBP : Great British Pound 300 300 + 1,200

HKD : Hong Kong Dollar 300 300 + 800

JPY : Japanese Yen 300 300 + 0.05% of Transfer amount minimum fee 5,000 JPY

NZD : New Zealand Dollar 300 300 + 800

SEK : Swedish Krone 300 300 + 800

USD : United States Dollar 300 300 + 800

INR : Indian rupee 300 300 + 800

SGD: Singapore Dollar 300 300 + 800

Last Updated : 26 Mar 2009

My transfer is ending up back in my own account in the UK Monday after nearly two weeks, some kind of error messages were received from K-Bank, although we double checked the info sent to them. I have to cover the cost apparently. I am going to open an accont with Bangkok Bank on Monday and scrape K-Bank as phone calls to them have been useless, all they kept saying was "have to wait" when actually there was aproblem

Edited by bartender100