P. 'Pip' Harris

The Snark

I'm just a casual acquaintance of his as his kids used to go to school with some of the TGF's best friend's kids, so we'd see ea other at birthday parties etc, where all the Farang would get to sit n talk amongst themselves. I know many out here wil know who he is... I"m not on a level that I need a pm about it, but if there's anything I can do, or even if you can post a little about what is up, that would be nice. I am concerned, but far from being close with him. Has he asked to keep things private ?

And.... I'd add that, though this forum's been more than a little catty lately, on serious threads ppl seem to be most respectful, so maybe there's some small bit of information you or he might feel is appropriate to post.

Keep the candle burning P1P (his old avatar, of course) !

Pip, P1P was involved in a serious traffic accident on Tuesday evening.

I have posted on this forum for his family to defer/refer to while they cope with the situation.

I will be visiting Pip, P1P in the hospital this morning, the 21st, and should have further information before noon. Please feel free to PM me.

Edited by The Snark

Update, 11:00 hrs, Thursday

Pip remains in ICU due to complications. However, he is stable and able to talk. The most recent diagnosis has ruled out the need for surgery. He is going to need an extended stay in the hospital due to the nature of his injuries. Recovery and therapy will probably be very prolonged. I have related to him the well wishes received and he was very appreciative.

Regarding privacy issues. Pip and family have placed on my shoulders complete discretion regarding disseminating information about this incident. This has been a major trauma for the entire family and they aren't up to speaking about things at present. However, we realize Pip has many concerned friends who would like updates. Please accept my apologies if my postings seem curt and guarded. I feel I am walking a very thin line here. PMs to me are readily accepted and I will pass along any messages.

Edited by The Snark

Update, 11:00 hrs, Thursday

Pip remains in ICU due to complications. However, he is stable and able to talk. The most recent diagnosis has ruled out the need for surgery. He is going to need an extended stay in the hospital due to the nature of his injuries. Recovery and therapy will probably be very prolonged. I have related to him the well wishes received and he was very appreciative.

Regarding privacy issues. Pip and family have placed on my shoulders complete discretion regarding disseminating information about this incident. This has been a major trauma for the entire family and they aren't up to speaking about things at present. However, we realize Pip has many concerned friends who would like updates. Please accept my apologies if my postings seem curt and guarded. I feel I am walking a very thin line here. PMs to me are readily accepted and I will pass along any messages.

good news that he doesn't need surgery hope it all works out ok. Never met the guy but he gave me some good advice on a pm many moons ago.

Get well soon