Siam Big Bike Shop Experiences?

Morien

well make sure that it has a green book and plate. ensure that all the transfer papers from the previous owner are present and that the id copies have been signed. That should cover the paperwork side. i would go back monday after transferring it at Siam bigbikes local DMV

Hmm... I'm only going to be able to be there for the weekend, have to be back in Chiang Mai on Monday.... I have friends down there though, perhaps they could handle the paperwork on my behalf?

Alternatively, are there any similar places in Chiang Mai? I'm looking for a CB400 and their Red and White looks REALLY nice.

You could try Lek Soryon (www[dot]soryon[dot]com/ )

Lousy English translations on the site and no published prices so you would have to check and negotiate your deal. Paperwork does take time (Uses his import reciepts for the duty and processes the green book and plates after you pay the deposit, not whilst awaiting a buyer) and is averagely priced (not cheap, but no worse than many I checked out) and his service was friendly and honest (in my experience about 18 months ago). Had a decent selection then of the CB400's you are after, and seems he has even more now. You can get an idea here:-

www[dot]mocyc[dot]com/store/view.php?idclassified=262173&page=1

ST.

Oh? I might give them a look then, thanks.

About how long does it take for his to process the green book and plates, do you know?

Thanks

You could try Lek Soryon (www[dot]soryon[dot]com/ )

Lousy English translations on the site and no published prices so you would have to check and negotiate your deal. Paperwork does take time (Uses his import reciepts for the duty and processes the green book and plates after you pay the deposit, not whilst awaiting a buyer) and is averagely priced (not cheap, but no worse than many I checked out) and his service was friendly and honest (in my experience about 18 months ago). Had a decent selection then of the CB400's you are after, and seems he has even more now. You can get an idea here:-

www[dot]mocyc[dot]com/store/view.php?idclassified=262173&page=1

ST.

Oh? I might give them a look then, thanks.

About how long does it take for his to process the green book and plates, do you know?

Thanks

Generaly about 6-8 months for grey imports. Even reputable dealers such as redbaron.com and 59bike.com can't make it faster. Few of my pals still waiting for papers.