Bed Sheets ....

sam666

Why is it so hard to find farang style bed sheets that either fit a double bed or aren't a rip off. I usually use just a sheet and dovet cover, but everywhere I've seen doesn't fit or is 500+ bht for a <deleted> sheet. Can get everything bar a dovet for about 300bht in UK, my mistake for not bringing, towels as well as I didn't need last time.. I've checked Grand and Night market and Tesco, they either don't fit, or a joke price.

Big C in Pecthaburi and also both Makros have at times the full sets of pillow cases, sheets and covered duvets for about 800 Baht, thats not expensive....last time I looked in the UK a low tog duvet was almost 20 quid alone.

they either don't fit, or a joke price.

... or are poor quality! When we first came to Thailand we couldn't even find a flat sheet. All bedding sets came with a fitted sheet only as most people here (from Thailand and Europe) seem to only use a bottom sheet with a quilt or comforter of some kind on top. That is way to hot to do here so I only sleep under a sheet. We actually purchased several white flat sheets from a hotel owner we knew in Hua Hin and then on our next trip to the U.S. brought back four complete sheet sets of fitted, flat, with pillow cases all in American king size to fit the bed we shipped over.

Tesco Hua Hin have today, king size sheet, covered duvet and 4 cases for 900 Baht.....have a colours to choose from.

If you want white and 100% cotton in good quality treadwear, I find Makro ok :)

Most others are blended with polyester, and during 10 washes cotton is half washed out. Not very comfy

Index has some very good quality sets, usually rather expensive, but on occasions price has been acceptable