Christmas Mass In Chiang Mai

Yael

Hi all,

Does anyone know the details for Christmas Mass in Chiang Mai. Either Christmas Eve midnight (ish) mass or next morning. Also will be good to know if the service is in English. My friend is flying over for Xmas and would like to attend.

Much thanks,

Yael

Edited by Yael

Masses at the Sacred Heart Cathedral on Charoen Prathet Rd are at 10pm on Christmas Eve (in Thai) at 6.30am, 8.30am, and 6pm on Christmas Day in Thai and at 11am in English

Masses at Seven Fountains on Huay Kaew Rd (opposite the main entrance to Chiang Mai University are at 10pm Christmas Eve in Thai and English (no idea how they are going to achieve that!) then at 9.30am on Christmas Day in English and at 6pm in Thai

Sunday Masses on Boxing Day in English are at 9.30am at Seven Fountains and 11am at Sacred Heart

Masses at the Sacred Heart Cathedral on Charoen Prathet Rd are at 10pm on Christmas Eve (in Thai) at 6.30am, 8.30am, and 6pm on Christmas Day in Thai and at 11am in English

Masses at Seven Fountains on Huay Kaew Rd (opposite the main entrance to Chiang Mai University are at 10pm Christmas Eve in Thai and English (no idea how they are going to achieve that!) then at 9.30am on Christmas Day in English and at 6pm in Thai

Sunday Masses on Boxing Day in English are at 9.30am at Seven Fountains and 11am at Sacred Heart

Thanks, this is perfect! Merry Christmas. Yael

Simple answer to the Seven Fountains Mass in Thai and English- is that Padre Miguel speaks perfect fluent Thai, as well as English.

I only know this because I've met him occasionally on walks around the Ang Kaew reservoir at CMU, near both his church, and my adjacent apt bldg.

(Being a lapsed Episcopalian myself....we don't discuss religion).

:jap:

Simple answer to the Seven Fountains Mass in Thai and English- is that Padre Miguel speaks perfect fluent Thai, as well as English.

I only know this because I've met him occasionally on walks around the Ang Kaew reservoir at CMU, near both his church, and my adjacent apt bldg.

(Being a lapsed Episcopalian myself....we don't discuss religion).

:jap:

Fr Miguel is Spanish and as you say McG, speaks pretty good English, The English mass at the Cathedral will probably be conducted by Fr Olivier an equally delightful and clever French priest whose English, whilst good is not quite up to Fr Miguel's standard - he sounds a bit like The French policeman who is supposed to be a British spy in the comedy series 'Allo, ' Allo!

As a matter of interest and as my friends who drink with me at The Olde Bell sometimes ask at Christmas, does anyone know of the timings and locations of any other Chistian Christmas Services in English in Chiang Mai? Baptist, Evangelical, Episcopalian etc etc?

In a wonderful surprise tonight, the Rev Rupert Abbott, who has in the past led The Royal British Legion Services of Remembrance at the Foreign Cemetary with such distinction, turned up on Loi Kroh Rd with a group of Carol Singers and was persuaded to regale customers of The Olde Bell with a few choruses. It was a lovely touch. His congregation also left flyers which answered my own earlier post:

So for those of you who find the RC's a bit full on, Chiang Mai Community Church has a Christmas Eve service tonight (Friday) at 8pm in Thai and 11pm in English. On Christmas Day there is a service at 10am to 10.50am, though their leaflet doesn't say whether that service is in Thai or English. Their church is on Charoenrat Rd (over the Narawat Bridge, first left and on the right hand side just before The Riverside Restaurant.

A Very Happy Christmas to you all and to those of you who intend to celebrate it as Christ's Birthday, there are a couple of options for you!!