New Car Market For Thailand In 2011 And Beyond

I spotted this Camry on Sukhumvit last weekend, what do you think, is it the new one coming or perhaps just imported from somewhere else..

IMHO, the most exciting entry into the C-Segment will be the 2012 Focus, in particular the sedan version which has sharper looks and better NVH than the hatch variant. The Cruze minor change coming in November this year is also worth considering - it's based on the "Series II" version the Aussies came up with a few months back (heavily refined suspension, revised AT, and improved NVH), but will feature an upgraded range of E85 gasoline engines, and an all-new 2.2L diesel.

What about the new Camry? Any idea on what changes will be made and when it will be put in the market? Will the price change? Thanks.

Here it is (apologies for pic quality):

2012camry.jpg

Upon initial release, engines and drivetrains will carry over from the current models, so it's more of a general refresh rather than an all-new model. Exterior is going the Lexus square edges route for better highway fuel effeciency, and the Interior will get a facelift too. Prices will increase - that's just customary - expect +20K to +50K over current models.

Latest news on the official launch date remains March 2012. There will be a new 2.5L drivetrain coming in 2013 (perhaps late 2012) with the first minor change to the new model.

Different class and price bracket to the 2012 Focus and 2011 Cruze minor change though of course.

post-65291-0-73158800-1316676679_thumb.j

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, are there any official photos available yet? When will it be available in showrooms? Thanks:)

There is now - it's just been officially released ;)

20110922hondacityminorc.jpg

External changes are as discussed previously - internally, there's a new silver finish to some of the dash components, chrome door handles, and new dial colors.

All models now get dual airbags and ABS, as expected.

Pricing:

S 5MT - 559,000

S 5AT - 599,000

V 5AT - 646,000

SV 5AT - 704,000

Thanks, are there any official photos available yet? When will it be available in showrooms? Thanks:)

There is now - it's just been officially released ;)

External changes are as discussed previously - internally, there's a new silver finish to some of the dash components, chrome door handles, and new dial colors.

All models now get dual airbags and ABS, as expected.

Pricing:

S 5MT - 559,000

S 5AT - 599,000

V 5AT - 646,000

SV 5AT - 704,000

yep, Phuket dealer recieved 2 today, one white demo and one red metalic as pictured. Hard to separate from previous model, new bumpers, chromed gill and mags seems to be it

Sorry if i have missed this elsewhere, but any hints as to what new Vios / Yaris will look like? And date of release?

Yes.

The new VIOS got a facelift. And it is just about time because the VIOS looks like crap.

Toyota-Vios-Next-Generation-Renderings-Front-450.jpg

Toyota-Vios-Next-Generation-Renderings-Rear-450.jpg

Since it is Toyota, I am assuming the interior is still cheap and the ride is loud.

The Yaris no longer looks gay or like a M3 girl's car. No longer silly interior of centered mounted gauges. Never got that one.

2012-toyota-yaris-lead-2.jpg

11_390b.jpg

1-3-motor-nieuwe-yaris-2011.jpg

2012-toyota-yaris-interior.jpg

Edited by thaicruze

u_201001210953061833565.jpg

Sorry if i have missed this elsewhere, but any hints as to what new Vios / Yaris will look like? And date of release?

Yes.

The new VIOS got a facelift. And it is just about time because the VIOS looks like crap.

Toyota-Vios-Next-Generation-Renderings-Front-450.jpg

Toyota-Vios-Next-Generation-Renderings-Rear-450.jpg

Since it is Toyota, I am assuming the interior is still cheap and the ride is loud.

The Yaris no longer looks gay or like a M3 girl's car

W020090803320590937623.jpg

u_201001221830352048.jpg

13107811273130028297.jpg

Thanks. Can't say i'm too impressed judging by those pics.

By the way, i don't think this is a facelift job, like the City has just undergone, i think this is what they call all new.

Looks like they have ditched the centrally placed dials then.

Not only are you often in disgareement with most members on this board, but also with 80% of all car buyers in TH. Vios is the best selling car in TH. Thais love it. New and second hand.

Whats the population of male that would shop for their whole wardrobe at walmart if they didnt want to get laid?

.... that already buys their whole wardrobe at walmart?

.... that have their woman stopping them from shopping at walmart?

at least 80% (as seen in midwest america and tourist centers in thailand)

Cars are the same except people dont think the car they drive will get them laid so they just give in to the ugliness :) It's just like laptops too.. People keep buying acers and hp's and sony's when for the same price they could get actual quality laptops with style, they just dont know any better. I remember the first yaris i ever saw was at my gym a couple years ago in my country. Big guy.. I spilled water and 1 month later he changed it at a loss because he would get shit every single day everywhere he went and now only people who were hiding in their lockers during highschool are driving them.

Id also love to see the % of accidents by car brand in thailand, vios must be up there pretty high, i dont see how a good driver (or even someone with a license) would go for that car.

cliffs:

Watch what 80% of thais watch on tv and tell me that saying that 80% thais buying this car means anything good for it.

Edited by thaiIand

Not only are you often in disgareement with most members on this board, but also with 80% of all car buyers in TH. Vios is the best selling car in TH. Thais love it. New and second hand.

Thais want their Toyotas no matter if it crap or not, as long as the badge is there it will sell.

A friend of mine wanted to buy either a Viros or City for his wife, so he rented both for 5 days, he told me that the City is a better car in all aspects, so he bought that.

Thais want their Toyotas no matter if it crap or not, as long as the badge is there it will sell.

A friend of mine wanted to buy either a Viros or City for his wife, so he rented both for 5 days, he told me that the City is a better car in all aspects, so he bought that.

agree with you. In 2006 i bought a yaris as I found yaris/viso better than hondas city/jazz at that time.

today Hondas city/jazz wins hands down

Anybody here know the list price of a Vios Sportivo? Just been on Toyota Thailand website and can't see it listed.

The Sportivo J is (was?) 604K - I'm not sure if it's still in production though.

Many thanks MRO.

A new model Sportivo has just been announced..

This version has new wheels, new skirt package, chrome tailpipe end, touchscreen stereo and a funky red and black interior.

Production is limited to 4200 units, and the car is available in white or silver for 619,000.

No word on availability, but would expect your local dealer will take a deposit for it now :)

toyotaviostrdsportivo20.jpg

A new model Sportivo has just been announced..

This version has new wheels, new skirt package, chrome tailpipe end, touchscreen stereo and a funky red and black interior.

Production is limited to 4200 units, and the car is available in white or silver for 619,000.

No word on availability, but would expect your local dealer will take a deposit for it now :)

Thanks MRO. Went to my local Toyota dealer yesterday and whilst the salesman denied any knowledge of their being an all new Yaris/Vios coming soon, which is what i had understood from what i have read here, he did mention this Sportivo above.

Hasten to add, i have no interest in it whatsoever, just inquiring on another's behalf.

Chev have announced that the GMI-700 SUV (new Colorado based PPV) will be called the Trailblazer (an established Chev SUV nameplate), and will have it's world unveiling at the Dubai Motorshow in mid-December, before going on sale next year...

2013chevytrailblazertea.jpg

Also, during the recent D-Max launch ceremony, Isuzu bosses stated that the next-gen RT-50 MU-7 won't be coming for "at least 2 years"

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

• 3 weeks later...

All-new Honda Civic to receive updates before it's even released in Thailand

Following with a scathing assessment by Consumer Reports, and a drastic fall in sales volume, Honda have announced that they are bringing forward the first minor change for the all-new Civic (originally planned for 2014).

No details on exactly what they will be changing, but consumer reports have published their wishlist here

The all-new Civic was originally due for release in Thailand this month, but the Japanese Tsunami and the Thai floods pushed that back to Q1 2012.

In light of today's news, it would appear likely that the Thai launch (and therefore launches in other key RHD markets) will now be delayed until the improved version is developed.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Some more updates..

Chery:

2011: H13 van - released

2011: A13 sedan and hatchback - released

2011: A3 sedan and hatchback - TBC

2011: QQ22 7-seater mini MPV - TBC

2013: un-named Pickup Truck to be locally assembled

BMW:

2011: All-new 6 series - released

2012: New F30 3 series

Chevrolet:

2011: New Colorado (codename GMI700) - released

2011: Cruze minor change in November.

2011: Captiva minor change - released, but new diesel in November - TBC.

2012: All-new Trailblazer (Colorado-based PPV/SUV) to be unveiled at the Dubai motorshow in a couple of days time

????: New Aveo (codename T300)

Ford:

2011: New Ranger (codename T6) - soft-launched in October, full range to be released in December.

2011: Last minor change for the Escape - released

2012: All New Escape model based on 2012 Focus platform.

2012: New Focus

2012: New Everest

2013: Fiesta minor change

Honda:

2011: Jazz minor change in February - released

2011: New BRIO Eco car (codename 2CV) - released

2011: City minor change - released

2012: New Civic (codename 2HC) - delayed

2012: New CR-V - delayed

2013: New Accord

2013: New Jazz

2014: New City

2014: Civic (2HC) minor change

Hyundai:

2011: New Sonata - released

2011: New Elantra (AKA: i35) - to be officially released on November 14 - new addition

Isuzu:

2011: New D-Max (codename RT-50) - released

2013: New RT-50 based PPV (SUV) to replace the MU-7 - updated

Land Rover:

2011: New Evoque - Soft launched, official release in November

Mazda:

2011: New Mazda 3 - released

2011: New BT-50 (codename T6) - to be unveiled in late November 2011, but no deliveries until March-April 2012.

2013: New Mazda 2

2013: New MX-5

2013: New RX-x

Mercedes Benz:

2011: C-class minor change - released

2011: New SLK - released

2012: New S-Class

2012: E-class minor change

Mitsubishi:

2011: Triton minor change - released. Euro IV models in Nov - released

2011: Pajero Sport minor change - released. Euro IV models in Nov - released

2011: Lancer EX minor change - released

2012: New Colt eco-car

2013: New Triton (Nismitsu)

Nissan:

2011: New 'Almera' March based eco-car sedan - released

2011: Teana minor change - November

2012: Upgraded GT-R with 550HP (gray market)

2012: New TIIDA replacement.

2012: New C Segment sedan (codename L12F) to compete with Corolla/Civic/3/Focus.

2013: New compact sedan (TIIDA Latio replacement)

2013: New Teana

2013: New Navara (Nismitsu)

2013: March minor change

Porsche:

2011: New 911 - released

2011: 918 Spyder - released

2011: Panamera Hybrid - released

2012: New Boxster

2012: New Cayman

2013: New Cajun SUV

Subaru:

2012: New Impreza

2012: New VX crossover to be unveiled in December with deliveries in Q1 2013.

2012: New BRZ - TBC

Suzuki:

2012: New eco-car

Toyota:

2011: VIGO/Fortuner minor change - released. Euro IV versions in Nov/Dec

2011: New Yaris / Vios - TBC

2012: New Camry.

2012: New FT-86 - TBC

2013: New ALTIS.

2014: New Hilux (codename IMV2)

2014: Eco-car project under consideration

• 2 weeks later...

Nissan have confirmed that the Teana minor change will be released at next week's motor show as originally scheduled, but have a couple of surprises up their sleeve...

The Navara will also be shown with two new minor change models dubbed the "Sports Version" and the "Grand Titanium" (where'd they get that from? ;)).

The X-Trail is also getting a minor-change makeover, but don't get your hopes up - it's still as ugly as bat shit ;)

More confirmations for the Motor Expo (starting Dec 1st)...

Ford have confirmed that they will be releasing the 3.2L Ranger Wildtrak and providing pricing on more Ranger models, and will also be showing off a new variant of the Fiesta called "Sport Plus" which sees climate control and factory leather on the 5-door for the first time (for 724K).

Chevy have confirmed that the minor change Captiva (released in E85 gasoline form a few months back) will now be available with a 2.0L diesel again (163HP/360Nm) mated to a 6AT, whith prices ranging from 1,395,000 for the LSX trim, up to 1,699,000 for the top-spec LTZ. There's also been a vehicle-sized crate spotted belonging to Chev - your guess as to what concept model is inside though :)

Mazda will be showing their "BT-50 Pro" concept truck and some new variants of the Mazda2 dubbed the "Racing Series" - with a limited production run of just 600 units, yours for 670,000 for the 4-door, or an extra 5,000 if you want 5-doors.

Volvo will be trying to give the Camry, Accord and Teana a shake-up with their new S60 "drive", with Thai prices starting from 1,899,000, and Hyundai will be going after the Civic, Altis, Focus, Cruze and Mazda3 with their new 150HP 1.8L Elantra.

>>2011: 918 Spyder - released

MRO, any word on the price of this hybrid spyder here in LOS?

It's open for advance bookings, but deliveries arent' expected until 2013.

It will never be showroom stock, and no price has been set - you book, pay a few million as deposit, and they then tell you what you still owe when it finally arrives.

Price is anticipated to be around 50 Million, give or take.