Why Is Your Linux Distro So Much Better...

Crushdepth

The installer on SUSE is quite smart, you don't need to buy a new hard drive (assuming you have a bit of space left). It can partition your hard drive so that you can run both Linux and Windows off the same one. It will just shrink the size of the Windows partition to fit the Linux one in.

During the installation process it will recognise that you have windows. Just don't delete the Windows partition (the installer is fairly clear, so not much to worry about). Of course, it is always a good idea to back up your data first :o

One of the nice things about SUSE is you can actually buy books on it in Thailand.

The installer on SUSE is quite smart, you don't need to buy a new hard drive (assuming you have a bit of space left). It can partition your hard drive so that you can run both Linux and Windows off the same one. It will just shrink the size of the Windows partition to fit the Linux one in.

During the installation process it will recognise that you have windows. Just don't delete the Windows partition (the installer is fairly clear, so not much to worry about). Of course, it is always a good idea to back up your data first :o

One of the nice things about SUSE is you can actually buy books on it in Thailand.

Yeah i know I can partition my HDD, I dont have my own comp just access to one

During the installation process it will recognise that you have windows. Just don't delete the Windows partition (the installer is fairly clear, so not much to worry about). Of course, it is always a good idea to back up your data first :D

Yeah i know I can partition my HDD, I dont have my own comp just access to one

hi'

so, can you buy an ext drive and install Linux on it, then it will be only a question of boot priority, just set the ext device as first to boot and when you leave set it back to hdd0,

but all the time the ext device wil boot you'll have the choice at boot of which OS you want to boot, any boot Linux loader see win partition even when in ntfs and can boot win this way too :o

francois

• 3 weeks later...

So far I've used Slax for a day or so and now Suse for a few days.I'm aLinux n00b so its quite an eye opener after using Windows for so long .

Gotta say I'm a penguin convert pretty much instantly, Linux seems to be a lot more intuitive (?) to use,simple things like being able to change fonts/colours in apps like amarok etc are nice and easy along with adding/removing buttons for most used apps to the "dock" area makes for a system that does feel a lot easier to personalise.

If only I could resolve my dual boot problem I'd be giving Suse 10/10.