High Protein And Eating Healthy, Quick, Cheap

Baa_Mango

Hi - I am a 26 year old male who likes to stay fit and active. Recently I have been trying to keep a high protein regiment ( not going to use the word diet ).. I really love and enjoy Thai food but of course have scaled back on rice, carbs, and oily stuff. Absolutely no fried chicken etc.. Usually in a day I will take in a couple cans of tuna, maybe some som tum, lots of assorted fresh fruit, fruit shakes, and this type of stuff. I was wondering if anyone has helpful suggestions as far as this goes ? In terms of cheap, healthy, fast food. I give cans of tuna to the cooks and they can cook most Thai dishes to order and use my tuna, this helps keep things fun and not so boring. Som Tum is always tasty and I order with out MSG and sugars.. I am not really a super expert as far as the details go but does anyone have suggestions to other healthy foods that are easy to get/prep and arent super crazy expensive?

yeah i want to know to, algae? plankton? i am trying to recall the stuff that was popular in the 80's

i think you ask questions

go to tesco and pick out a fish

they will cook it for you (roasted if you prefer)

and it is super cheap and high protein

also try the issan fish 20-30 baht

blah took i think, looks like cat fish

has small bones and oily but i think very healthy

there is another one too that tastes a lot like tuna small funny looking and really small annoying bones

there is dried pork, OK a bit fatty too but very meaty and cheap 10-20 baht delicious and i dont even eat much pork

there is that great Muslim chicken dish with rice a bit fatty, someone chime in on the name

look for the gals walking on the street carry a bamboo stick with foods on two sides

for the issan foods

help me out here folks what is it called?

they dried fish too

i did a Google search on super foods once

each list was different

except on thing was on practically all of the lists

yogurt and compared to the states, it tastes really fresh!!!

any 7-11 13 baht and not too sweet

perhaps more later

I get the yogurt drinks and mix in some Super Green Food. Does have some sugar though but has added benefit of probiotics.

Small - 25 baht. Larger - 45 baht.

Super Green Food ehH? whats that

Sorry, not in LOS as far as I know. Other option is spirulina, which is available in LOS and much is made up north near Chiang Mai. Should be available in powder form for mixing. You'll have to do your own search for that but any of it goes quite well with the yougurt drinks.

It's the only supplement I bother to take. Has tons of grasses, veggies and probiotics in powder form. I bring back 18 months worth when I return to the States.

And, yes Deejah, why is it that "3rd world" countries have such good milk flavor and yougurt drinks compared to the States? Mexico was the same...

I'd suggest doing a little research about canned tuna. There have been many reports that indicate canned tuna often has an unhealthy level of mercury in it.

I'm not trying to pee on your tuna protein parade, but I'd be concerned about eating 2 cans of it every day.

I'd suggest doing a little research about canned tuna. There have been many reports that indicate canned tuna often has an unhealthy level of mercury in it.

I'm not trying to pee on your tuna protein parade, but I'd be concerned about eating 2 cans of it every day.

I agree with this. The larger the fish, the more mercury apparently. Try the canned sardines as a change. A couple of the smaller tins can give you 40-something grams of protein.

Also, try Gai Yang. Its everywhere, cheap and tastes good.

hi.. thanks for ideas and feed back.. i also have concerns about mercury in tuna.. i do it a lot but maybe not 2 cans every every every day kinda thing. Also i love gai yang, what do you think the protein specs are on that ? also i am assuming its good to ditch the fatty/skin..

Well, okay, but you'll always know if you are running a fever!