Cha-Am To Suvarnabhumi Airport With Luggage

electrozebra

I need to be at Suvarnabhumi for 6 p.m. at the latest on Wednesday 9th Feb.

What are the best options and roughly what cost, please? I would rather go direct if I can than go via a changeover in BKK.

This will be my first trip from Cha-Am to Suvarnabhumi so I am in need of clear advice, please. Any telephone numbers where they speak English?

Thanks.

Obviously the best option is as above with a taxi.......but if money or large luggage isnt an issue, you can get a mini bus to Victory monument, 2.5 hours and 160 Baht, then up the stairs to the BTS, one stop to Phyai Thai 5 minutes and10 Baht then the new ariport link 20 minutes and 45 Baht...total cost just over 200 Baht and just over 3 hours...although best to leave a bit more time for any traffic etc.

vans are 180 and it's in the day it can be anywhere up to 4hours to vict (My last trip was and we left around 3pm). Also their aint no lifts to BTS or the airport interchanges as far as i know. If you got luggage as well they'll charge you an extra seat.

U'd have to be real broke for money to not get a taxi there, unless you have FA in the way of luggage.

Edited by sam666

vans are 180 and it's in the day it can be anywhere up to 4hours to vict (My last trip was and we left around 3pm). Also their aint no lifts to BTS or the airport interchanges as far as i know. If you got luggage as well they'll charge you an extra seat.

U'd have to be real broke for money to not get a taxi there, unless you have FA in the way of luggage.

From Hua Hin its 180 but the OP is travelling from Cha am and it is 160 from there.....I left Cha am at 8.20 am 2 weeks ago and was at the airport 11.05am...thats less than 3 hours.....

From Hua Hin its 180 but the OP is travelling from Cha am and it is 160 from there.....I left Cha am at 8.20 am 2 weeks ago and was at the airport 11.05am...thats less than 3 hours.....

Coming back was just as good, I was off the plane at 6.25pm and then straight through immigration and home in Cha am befor 10pm doing the same thing......

Ah of course, I went to BKK before new years and even with the driver driving like a lunatic, we left at 3 and got there around 6:30 - 7. Was horrendous, I certainly wouldn't put my flight in the hands of the knobs driving the vans or attempting to. And if you got luggage, well, I wouldn't be arsed carrying that up the steps in the heat and rush hour and on the interchanges.

Yes it was from HH not CA but the problem wasn't on this side, it started about 50km after big c.

Ah of course, I went to BKK before new years and even with the driver driving like a lunatic, we left at 3 and got there around 6:30 - 7. Was horrendous, I certainly wouldn't put my flight in the hands of the knobs driving the vans or attempting to. And if you got luggage, well, I wouldn't be arsed carrying that up the steps in the heat and rush hour and on the interchanges.

Yes it was from HH not CA but the problem wasn't on this side, it started about 50km after big c.

Taxi is definatly the best way but traffic is traffic whether you are in a taxi or minbus, its the same road to BKK they use...BTS has escalators by the way

Taxi is definatly the best way but traffic is traffic whether you are in a taxi or minbus, its the same road to BKK they use...BTS has escalators by the way

Not the same route to the airport though, as you know, the airport is barely in bkk. Where are the escalators? I must been 100x to Vic and never seen them, just the usual steps ...

Thanks. I appreciate the help and the replies.

Seems like too much hassle going into BKK and then getting the BTS or a taxi from there to the airport with the possibility of any delays too. It is already bad enough travelling for almost 24 hours door to door.

sam666 thanks for that telephone number.

Hua Hin to airport on tollways is just 1hour 50 minutes-2 hours at 140-160kmh. and you avoid the Bangkok traffic

:angry: sounds as a slaloming Van Driver ..... mostly Speed Limit (Phetkasem Rd) 90 km/h and for a short distance (tollway and highway) of ca. 50 km 120 km/h - only from Samut Sakhon. Sure 400 Bath for Speed excess is nothing for a farang but I believe we speak here from normal conditions and respect the thai law? Beside on rushhour wide arount Samut Sakon high trafic if you drive a old Mira or a Pontiac Trans Am !!!

Edited by challenger99