New Clothes Dryer

penzman

If the dryer presently runs for awhile before the fuse blows then it will use the same amount of electricity after you change your wiring as it does now...if you are lucky you won't have to change the main and you will still be able to run all the things that you run now.

Edited by chownah

I have a GE imported dryer that is 14 years old and still giving good service. In a previous residence it was tripping the CB frequently even though it was wired through a dedicated 32 amp breaker. I found then that my wife was always using the 'high heat' selection on the panel so I just made sure that we always select 'low heat' and run the dryer longer. No problems after that. It's an option if you have selectable heat on your machine.

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread but even if you hired an Electrician in Thailand or Laos you WOULD NOT be safe, they DO NOT understand ANYTHING about wiring electricity. Check your wiring and you will see they don't even understand GROUNDING. Even as of November 2011 new house construction doesn't have grounded electrical. I questioned the builder and they said they would let me talk to the engineer, he said we don't need grounding. Idiots

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT, do not just take out the 16 amp breaker and replace it with a larger one. A larger breaker means that all the wires that connect to it must be upgraded to handle the amperage of the breaker. In theory it is possible that they wired the 16 amp breaker with oversized wires but it is highly unlikely. To do it right you must replace ALL wire which is activiated by the breaker with wire big enough...this will be a problem because many light fixtures have such small connecting hardware that the larger guage wires won't even fit in. I guess I'll stop my explanation here since you said you are not an electrician so I guess you'll hire one!