What Value A Life In Thailand

glanville63

I heard today that a caddy was killed at a local golf course. I know the name but I won't name it here. This is not a joke and apparently the caddy gave the manic golfer the wrong line on a putting green. He was so angry, he hit her across the head with his putter and she subsequently died from her injuries. The golfer was then arrested by the police and after paying the family off with, I believe, 300,000 baht, he was released. Does anyone out there know if this story is true and possible fill in the details. If the story is true, how was this person allowed to get away so lightly. I know no amount of money is going to bring the poor caddy back to life but 300,000 baht is a joke. This murderer is probably still playing golf here instead of festering in a jail. He should at least have been put on a plane back to wherever he came from.

it is probably an urban barstool legend

edit:

there is a story that could have served as a basis for the bar legend:

smh.com.au Few of the world's recent kings have had such a muted send-off from their own people as Mahmood Iskandar of Malaysia, who died on January 22, at his palace in Johor, aged 77. Iskandar was Yang di-Pertuan Agong, or king, between 1984 and 1989 under the country's peculiar monarchy, where the nine traditional Malay sultans take turns as head of state. An official statement paid tribute to Iskandar's '''priceless contributions during his lifetime'''. It was left to Malaysian bloggers - now being hunted down by the powerful political police, the Special Branch - to mention what every Malaysian knows. In 1987 a caddie at the Cameron Highlands golf club was unwise enough to laugh when Iskandar missed a putt. The king clubbed the man to death. The news was suppressed and at the time, all the Malaysian royals had legal immunity. Hotels and clubs around Johor would hide their young female staff when Johor royals turned up.
Edited by manarak