Cargo Shorts With Elastic Waistband In Chiang Mai.

Ulysses G.

Took dogs for walk in my new cargo shorts this evening and the trip was much cooler. Could have carried a six-pack in my pockets, a compass, butterfly net, bird book, and binoculars. Well, not the butterfly net - have to carry that.

Still a few left when I left the store this afternoon. For those not knowing the location of the Season Department Store (old), that clothing emporium is on the E. side of ChangKlan, South of Shangri-La 2/3 of the way toward the Empress, which is also on the E. side of the road. If you see on that same side a bank (CI??) in RED, the store (white) is just N. of it, set back. The signs are all in Thai, though hours are of course listed in Arabic numerals.

I studied the shorts for a while and they do not strike me as being cheap at all, and of course are appropriate length for Thailand even for the tall.

Thanks to contributors.

Edited by CMX

• Cargo shorts

Typically khaki shorts with cargo pockets. Similar to cargo pants, but a little below knee-length. Cargo shorts consist of a garment with more than four pockets; and or pockets that are stitched to the outside of the fabric. Placement of pockets can vary but are most often seen on the lower part or side part of the short. Cargo shorts are distinctive because the pockets are accompanied by an overlying flap. Because of their casual appearance, they are prohibited at some golf courses and restaurants.

It's amazing what you can learn on here...I never knew why they are called cargo shorts.I hope yours fully meet the criteria.......check your flaps for distinctive correctness, but no golf or eating in restaurants.

Edited by uptheos