Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Ordered my mirror folding kit from simplycoolshop.com today. I have this kit on the Pajero and just love it. So many times I walk away from the car and think "did I remember to lock it" with that kit you can see from a distance that if the mirrors are folded then you must have locked it.

I installed mine months ago, I love it! It comes with a buzzer too, which is nice one beep for lock and two beeps for unlock. Really worth the investment, just wish things this simple the manufacturer should do. The only modification I like better is are 80/100 watt OSRAM H4 Headlamps for 150 baht each.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone who has the 3.2 WT please post a picture of where the wires are routed from the tailgate camera to the body. Specifically the point where the wires come out of the tailgate.

Thanks

Yes, I'd be interested too. I unscrewed the tailgate liner expecting to see an access hole to the Ford badge but nothing so what I did was use the hole for lowering the spare wheel to mount the camera in on velcro. Not ideal but it works for now. Ultimately I'd like to do the equivalent of what the factory does and mount the camera in the badge.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Would someone who has the 3.2 WT please post a picture of where the wires are routed from the tailgate camera to the body. Specifically the point where the wires come out of the tailgate.

Thanks

Yes, I'd be interested too. I unscrewed the tailgate liner expecting to see an access hole to the Ford badge but nothing so what I did was use the hole for lowering the spare wheel to mount the camera in on velcro. Not ideal but it works for now. Ultimately I'd like to do the equivalent of what the factory does and mount the camera in the badge.

Cheers,

Pikey.

what you want is this!

http://www.ebay.com....ef4aed59&_uhb=1

best to order it from Ford in Thailand since they are made here!

Edited by gosompoi

Thanks

Cheers,

Pikey.

what you want is this!

Already have that, have the whole kit including the mirror. Just looking to see where Ford routed the wire out of the tail gate. And by the way, the camera badge is made by Ford Canada.

On 2/10/2013 at 7:14 AM, CDNinKS said:
On 2/9/2013 at 11:45 AM, gosompoi said:
On 2/9/2013 at 11:27 AM, Pikey said:
On 2/8/2013 at 8:25 PM, CDNinKS said:

Thanks

Cheers,

Pikey.

what you want is this!

Already have that, have the whole kit including the mirror. Just looking to see where Ford routed the wire out of the tail gate. And by the way, the camera badge is made by Ford Canada.

How much did the kit cost? If I remember, when I ordered the truck, I enquired about it and was told 20,000 baht! What I did was get a combo GPS/rear view/front view kit that's all incorporated into the rear view mirror - US $200 from China and after messing about sourcing and installing GPS software, it works a treat.

Item at chinavision

Cheers,

Pikey.

Did you install it yet? And out of interest did they ship to Thailand for you or did you bring it over with you? (Ive looked on their site and might order some bits).

I got my kit from this company in the US:

http://mobilevideowh...play-p-231.html

Did you install it yet? And out of interest did they ship to Thailand for you or did you bring it over with you? (Ive looked on their site and might order some bits).

Just started to install today. Have the Camera badge mounted, the wires spliced into the reverse light at the tail light and the wire run up to the foot panel on the drivers side. While I had that panel off I installed the mirror folding kit, that works so nice.

Got stopped now though as the mirror that came with the kit uses a different mounting tab than the Ford one. I'm just working on removing the original one so I can attached the pad that came with the mirror to the windshield. It is proving difficult to get that off.

Got stopped now though as the mirror that came with the kit uses a different mounting tab than the Ford one. I'm just working on removing the original one so I can attached the pad that came with the mirror to the windshield. It is proving difficult to get that off.

Good luck with that, everytime I have tried it results in a busted windscreen.

Good luck with that, everytime I have tried it results in a busted windscreen.

Yeah, I have Googled it and it is possible, but as you say you need to really be careful. By the way you were right about taking the OEM one off, twist it and it pops off.

Was just in Pattaya Ford on Sukhumvit yesterday. There are going to be a lot of happy new Ranger owners. The back service yard and sides were packed with bright shiny Rangers in all guises. The Wildtrac sure is popular. As are four-doors.

I am picking up mine tomrrow smile.png after 8 month wait Chil WT 2.2 2wd.

Might as well have ordered a Lambo from Italy that would have been faster. biggrin.pngtongue.png

Was just in Pattaya Ford on Sukhumvit yesterday. There are going to be a lot of happy new Ranger owners. The back service yard and sides were packed with bright shiny Rangers in all guises. The Wildtrac sure is popular. As are four-doors.

Might as well have ordered a Lambo from Italy that would have been faster. biggrin.pngtongue.png

Weheey..!! pleased for you, feel free to drop by and show it off!

You are lucky mate I have had a 3.2 ordered since 25th Feb last year had been promised delivery numerous times including January then ' definitly by Valentines Day' guess what no car!!

I have thrown a wobbly about it and was on the verge of telling them to poke it, I even went and test drove an Isuzu and a Mazda but the Isuzu felt like a tractor and the looks of the Mazda just dont do it for me even though it drove great

Have still yet to drive a 2.2 Auto and I have decided to hang on for the 3.2 through gritted teeth and I am not an happy ted about it, latest delivery for our Chilli one end of April though I did get the manager to confirm she would pay for our tax and insurance if it went past April

We went to the Chonburi branch to see if they could help and she was really helpful and said we would get first refusal on any WT cancelations but she too still had 5 customers who had been waiting since last January so it looks like it is a region wide problem so there does not appear a lot you can do about it

You are lucky mate I have had a 3.2 ordered since 25th Feb last year had been promised delivery numerous times including January then ' definitly by Valentines Day' guess what no car!!

I have thrown a wobbly about it and was on the verge of telling them to poke it, I even went and test drove an Isuzu and a Mazda but the Isuzu felt like a tractor and the looks of the Mazda just dont do it for me even though it drove great

Have still yet to drive a 2.2 Auto and I have decided to hang on for the 3.2 through gritted teeth and I am not an happy ted about it, latest delivery for our Chilli one end of April though I did get the manager to confirm she would pay for our tax and insurance if it went past April

We went to the Chonburi branch to see if they could help and she was really helpful and said we would get first refusal on any WT cancelations but she too still had 5 customers who had been waiting since last January so it looks like it is a region wide problem so there does not appear a lot you can do about it

I think the 3.2 have a long waiting list, see many 2.2WT on the road now.

I got mine now so I am off for a ridesmile.png

From the Ford dealer to my house, nice I like itthumbsup.gif

I really wanted the Ford as i've been really impressed with the wife's new Focus sport+. However, the waiting list combined with the uncertainty over delivery killed it of for me. The new D-Max is good but the Mazda is a star. I expect my 3.2 in a couple of weeks. My mate's took a week from order to delivery.

Here is a picture of my new ride today outside our house. You might say: so what just another Ranger!

Well this is my first 4 wheeled vehicle bought from new at the tender age of 50, better late than never eh.

We got 60% film on all windows expect front shield which is 40% and that seems to be fine but have yet to try it after dark.

The Ranger is a very nice ride I must say, we did 40km around Pattaya today and it was a pleasure, so so far a very happy man.

Now I just have to sell my 06 City ZX which might take some time.

I forgot to mention, man the blue-tooth is cool, easy set-up with my phone, so incoming calls can be acknowledged from the steering wheel, I am impressedsmile.pngthumbsup.gif

post-69360-0-10003700-1360923308_thumb.j

Edited by guzzi850m2

I really wanted the Ford as i've been really impressed with the wife's new Focus sport+. However, the waiting list combined with the uncertainty over delivery killed it of for me. The new D-Max is good but the Mazda is a star. I expect my 3.2 in a couple of weeks. My mate's took a week from order to delivery.

We have waited a year now so it seems a bit silly to compromise on a 2.2 at this stage like Ford have tried to get us to do but if they had mentioned at the begining how long it was going to take I would definitly have taken the 2.2 and I am sure I would have been very, very happy with it. I did put a deposit down on a 3.2 Mazda two days ago but I did it mainly because I was in a strop with Ford at the time and the red mist had descended, it was a really nice car and a way better drive than the Isuzu V max we had just test drove but now I have calmed down I realise I can wait a bit longer so that is a few baht wasted due to my temper and Ford's innability to deliver, problem is nothing else out there compares for me personally so patience it is, I am certain you will be happy with the Mazda though as the difference between the Mazda and the Isuzu was like night and day, one felt small and responsive and the other felt large and lumbering, strange really the large car felt small and the large engine felt slow.......

Here is a picture of my new ride today outside our house. You might say: so what just another Ranger!

Well this is my first 4 wheeled vehicle bought from new at the tender age of 50, better late than never eh.

We got 60% film on all windows expect front shield which is 40% and that seems to be fine but have yet to try it after dark.

The Ranger is a very nice ride I must say, we did 40km around Pattaya today and it was a pleasure, so so far a very happy man.

Now I just have to sell my 06 City ZX which might take some time.

I forgot to mention, man the blue-tooth is cool, easy set-up with my phone, so incoming calls can be acknowledged from the steering wheel, I am impressedsmile.pngthumbsup.gif

That Ford red is such a nice colour. Have seen a few True Red Rangers on the street now, as well as the red Focus. I've been admiring the Ranger but I can get a Focus in less than a month. After today's underwhelming visit to Honda Jomtien (Ambassador City area), I think it's going to be the Focus.