Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I went to my dealer yesterday and picked up the the new Thai brochure.

The 2.2 Wildtrak will not get;

18 wheels

Dual climate control

8 way power seat + heated

5 inc color monitor

Electronic rear view mirror + cam

Stability control

Hill launch

Trailer sway

Rollover mitigation

Side curtain airbags

Front seat side airbags

Cooled center console

Privacy glass

This is all I've got the wife to translate from Thai, there maybe moremad.gif

Edited by stefan2519

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 wheels

Dual climate control

5 inc color monitor

Stability control

Hill launch

Trailer sway

Rollover mitigation

Side curtain airbags

Front seat side airbags

Cooled center console

Privacy glass

Could something have been lost in translation?

I've been told ALL Wildtrak models will have 18inch wheels, 5inch monitor, x4 airbags, dual climate control as well as some other Wildtrak only spec.

But I just read this 'The Double Cab 4x2 H-Rider 2.2L XLT with automatic transmission is available for the pre-launch price of Bt.799,000. ' which implies the XLT price will increase soon after release. Is just the XLT a pre-launch price or all models?

Well, the Facebook page you linked to has an image which states these prices are *including* the 1st car buyer rebate..

So based on that, the prices would be:

• Open Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 699000 + 16,000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6AT RWD 799000 + 76000
  • Double Cab 2.2L 150PS/375Nm Wildtrack 6AT RWD 869000 + 81000

There's nothing in the English PR to say that the announced prices were dependant on qualifying for the 1st car buyer rebate, so the prices above are either a marketing gimmick, or it's time to go make a booking :)

Shouldn't there be a - where the + is? I was told it meant that if you bought a Wildtrak 2.2 6AT for 869,000baht you would receive 81000baht rebate 1yr later so it would be 869,000 - 81,000.

But I just read this 'The Double Cab 4x2 H-Rider 2.2L XLT with automatic transmission is available for the pre-launch price of Bt.799,000. ' which implies the XLT price will increase soon after release. Is just the XLT a pre-launch price or all models?

Well, the Facebook page you linked to has an image which states these prices are *including* the 1st car buyer rebate..

There's nothing in the English PR to say that the announced prices were dependant on qualifying for the 1st car buyer rebate, so the prices above are either a marketing gimmick, or it's time to go make a booking :)

Shouldn't there be a - where the + is? I was told it meant that if you bought a Wildtrak 2.2 6AT for 869,000baht you would receive 81000baht rebate 1yr later so it would be 869,000 - 81,000.

Nope- according to that Thai language marketing piece on the Facebook page you linked to, the Wildtrack 2.2 RWD is 869K after the rebate, i.e. 950K normal price.

Like I say, it's either piece of creative marketing (i.e. BS), or it's time to make a booking and hold Ford to their published prices that fail to mention they're dependant on a rebate...

Nope- according to that Thai language marketing piece on the Facebook page you linked to, the Wildtrack 2.2 RWD is 869K after the rebate, i.e. 950K normal price.

Like I say, it's either piece of creative marketing (i.e. BS), or it's time to make a booking and hold Ford to their published prices that fail to mention they're dependant on a rebate...

I was quoted 869,000 with no mention about the rebate being added on, delivery before the end of November (I was told the 19th) but now going over the features that are not going to be on the 2.2 I'm in two mindsannoyed.gif

Visited Ford Phuket today, and the prices published are for any buyer, qualified firstimers to deduct. and I got a printed brochure with specs including 3,2 in TH, so i need some time to read it

and they have already booked a 2,2 wildtrack on my name. but I wont get it, they just want it to sell to someone else, 3,2 in january/february it seems

18 wheels

Dual climate control

5 inc color monitor

Stability control

Hill launch

Trailer sway

Rollover mitigation

Side curtain airbags

Front seat side airbags

Cooled center console

Privacy glass

I've been told ALL Wildtrak models will have 18inch wheels, 5inch monitor, x4 airbags, dual climate control as well as some other Wildtrak only spec.

I've tripled checked from what I've been given (The new brochure) and what is posted on Facebook it seems that they are leaving a whole load out of the 2.2 Wildtak.

18 wheels

Dual climate control

5 inc color monitor

Stability control

Hill launch

Trailer sway

Rollover mitigation

Side curtain airbags

Front seat side airbags

Cooled center console

Privacy glass

according to brochure, 2,2 wildtrack has 2x srs, limited slip rearend, 17inchers, cruise, and voice. Nothing fancy

3,2 loaded as in OZ, except trailer sway, at least doesnt say so. and heated seats :P

according to brochure, 2,2 wildtrack has 2x srs, limited slip rearend, 17inchers, cruise, and voice. Nothing fancy

3,2 loaded as in OZ, except trailer sway, at least doesnt say so. and heated seats :P

No way you'd pay an extra 70K for 2.2L Wildtrak over the 2.L XLT then.

XLT comes with 215/70-16 alloy, rainsensor, front fog, 2 x srs, no limited slip, both have no height adjustment of any seat, both rain sensor and auto light and fog lights

XLT comes with 215/70-16 alloy, rainsensor, front fog, 2 x srs, no limited slip, both have no height adjustment of any seat

Is that what it says in their brochure? If so they should make sure their website & brochure have the same info as it says this on ford.co.th

'The All-New Ranger Open Cab 4x2 Hi-Rider XLT in manual transmission and Double Cab 4x2 Hi-Rider XLT in automatic transmission come with 17” alloy wheels with 265/65 R17 tyres for dynamic response'

XLT comes with 215/70-16 alloy, rainsensor, front fog, 2 x srs, no limited slip, both have no height adjustment of any seat

Is that what it says in their brochure? If so they should make sure their website & brochure have the same info as it says this on ford.co.th

'The All-New Ranger Open Cab 4x2 Hi-Rider XLT in manual transmission and Double Cab 4x2 Hi-Rider XLT in automatic transmission come with 17" alloy wheels with 265/65 R17 tyres for dynamic response'

agreed

in addition brochure XLT is pictured with the ugly single pipe stainless roll bar, but not mentioned in spec.

wildtrack pictured with the black/charcoal plastic roll bar and ugly roof rails, as mentioned in spec

brochure 09/11

my thoughts is they want to go cheap to increase volume until and during Motorshow, and then let the cat out at a price, and dont give a dam_n the 3,2 wildtrack goes over one million first time buyer limit

and I just decided on a XLT 2,2 auto 4 door, in white, blue or red depending on what arrives Phuket first, for me initially, for my GF when my 3,2 arrives.

Dessicion made, until it changes

Correction, XLT 4x4 and hi riders alloy 265/65-17 and side steps, no limited slip Hi riders

and I am sure all info will be same/coordinated on launch late October

one more funny thing, brochure calls engine PUMA (european ford name?) while picture says durateck ;)

Puma is what the engineers call it, duratorque is the name the marketing dept. decided would help sell more cars ;)

it would be more confusing if the public knew most of ford petrol 4 pots are developed by yamaha, 5 pot by Volvo, and small diesels mainly by Italian VM Motori, and the beast, 7,3 V8 diesel is an International Harvester engine B)

I don't think the extra 70k is justifiable over XLT now!

I'm astonished that they can put the Wildtrak name on it, when it's basically a XLT with stickers and "Maybe" leather interior.ohmy.gif

Power and torque comparisons for the 3.2;

post-80555-0-75713600-1318572247_thumb.jpost-80555-0-59807500-1318572249_thumb.j

Both of these have innacuracies I'm afraid - the first one has incorrect curves for the Chev, the second has the wrong curves for the Triton...

The Ranger 3.2 still stomps them all though :)

I'll ask if I'm allowed to post some charts publicly..

delivery on 2,2 auto december according to Ford Phuket. an signs of this being different from other dealers?

xlt - widltrack

I have come to leatherseats, cruise, bluetooth, roll bar(which I may have to take off cause of Ninjas in tray) and roof rail isnt worth 70k baht. Voice control and limited slip is almost worthless for me

and december delivery, better to get a proton savvy from now until 3,2 in january

delivery on 2,2 auto december according to Ford Phuket. an signs of this being different from other dealers?

xlt - widltrack

I have come to leatherseats, cruise, bluetooth, roll bar(which I may have to take off cause of Ninjas in tray) and roof rail isnt worth 70k baht. Voice control and limited slip is almost worthless for me

and december delivery, better to get a proton savvy from now until 3,2 in january

Local dealer told me today "no way 3.2 before march'. Also no Navi, but does have heated seats which are very helpful in this cold climate. Go figure that!

Local dealer told me today "no way 3.2 before march'. Also no Navi, but does have heated seats which are very helpful in this cold climate. Go figure that!

It appears that Australia is getting first dibs on the 3.2L..

As for no Navi - has anyone been able to confirm whether the TH version Wildtrak gets the 4" or 5" screen?

If it comes with the 5", my guess is it has Navi electronics, but they'll be disabled until a business case can be made for licensing and integrating Thai maps.. If it only has the 4", there's definitely no navi upgrade going to be available as it's a monochrome screen.

As for no Navi - has anyone been able to confirm whether the TH version Wildtrak gets the 4" or 5" screen?

If it comes with the 5", my guess is it has Navi electronics, but they'll be disabled until a business case can be made for licensing and integrating Thai maps.. If it only has the 4", there's definitely no navi upgrade going to be available as it's a monochrome screen.

It does have a rear view camera though which suggests a colour screen. I guess they're going to keep us guessing for a little longer.

:cheesy: Woodsie, love your heated seat remark. They will no doubt promote them as a Clothes Dryer , or Flood Assist Feature.

Yep, There it is plain day in the brochure, listed as a standard feature, 'Heated seat'. Maybe it only has one! About as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike in this climate. biggrin.gif

But you can always pull a beer from the cooler box under the armrest if the seats get a little too warm:) Even my wife fancies this truck now after I showed her it passing 80 cm flood water:)

Mrs MRO is an engineering type, so it was the train pull video she got most excited about.. ;)

:cheesy: Woodsie, love your heated seat remark. They will no doubt promote them as a Clothes Dryer , or Flood Assist Feature.

Yep, There it is plain as day in the brochure, listed as a standard feature, 'Heated seat'. Maybe it only has one! About as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike in this climate. biggrin.gif

Yep, There it is plain as day in the brochure, listed as a standard feature, 'Heated seat'. Maybe it only has one! About as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike in this climate. biggrin.gif

Sorry about that. I clicked on the wrong button.biggrin.gif

It does have a rear view camera though which suggests a colour screen. I guess they're going to keep us guessing for a little longer.

The screen for the reversing camera is integrated into the rearview mirror on the T6 (would want to hope it's very high res given how small it has to be though)

The screen for the reversing camera is integrated into the rearview mirror on the T6 (would want to hope it's very high res given how small it has to be though)

I didn't know it was in the mirror and on the basis they're not mentioning it, I guess we now have to assume it will have the small monochrome screen. What a shame.