Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Was up in Chiang Rai over the Holidays and they had a black 4-door on display in the Big-C, good looking unit.

That's the one I'm now driving. I was a tad worried it might be dirty or even scratched after being on display for a couple of days but it wasn't, if anything it was even cleaner than normal. I'd decided on white but soon changed my mind when I saw the black one, suay mak!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a call from Ford today, it seems like the deliveries of Wildtrack (2.2L) versions have been delayed again, the best estimate he could give was March/April. Bearing in mind that when I booked at the motor show they told me end of Jan, then moved to mid Feb... now this. They could only tell me that "some parts" were delayed from a sub supplier. They said that if I wanted to change to XLT then I can have end of Jan. Not sure what to do now.. *sniff* *sob* crying.gif

had a call from Ford today, it seems like the deliveries of Wildtrack (2.2L) versions have been delayed again, the best estimate he could give was March/April. Bearing in mind that when I booked at the motor show they told me end of Jan, then moved to mid Feb... now this. They could only tell me that "some parts" were delayed from a sub supplier. They said that if I wanted to change to XLT then I can have end of Jan. Not sure what to do now.. *sniff* *sob* crying.gif

Which dealer did you book with. I'm assuming cheang wattana since it was at the motorshow. They also told me end of march or april but didn't give me as much info on why. I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of info from the sales girl.

The XLT doesn't have the limited slip diff. Also doesn't have bluetooth, usb and steering wheel controls which I think are nice features. I will probably wait but yea but it is a tough decision.

Which dealer did you book with. I'm assuming cheang wattana since it was at the motorshow. They also told me end of march or april but didn't give me as much info on why. I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of info from the sales girl.

The XLT doesn't have the limited slip diff. Also doesn't have bluetooth, usb and steering wheel controls which I think are nice features. I will probably wait but yea but it is a tough decision.

The dealer was Seacon Ford on Srinakarin Road I think. To be fair to the guy he has been pretty helpful on other matters and always answered my phone calls to answer my questions.. but yeah its a tad disappointing, plus I had planned to sell my current car this month which will have to wait. I've been going through the spec's too, trying to see whats different. ....but I reckon I will hang on too, even though the XLT is really good in it's own right. Tough call.

Had a first look at 4 door hi-rider today in Chiang Mai. Liked what I saw, but I was surprised the stereo had no usb input. Seems a tad retro. wouldn't stop me buying, & wouldn't warrant an upgrade to wildtrack. Is it possible to switch stereo unit in cars with the unit all part of the dashboard?

Yesterday, I ordered my new Aurora Blue Ford Ranger double cab XLT Auto. Salesman told us that we maybe able to receive it as early as the 12th - 15th Jan, depending on what is delivered to the showroom between those dates or at the very latest, by the end of January.

The truck is bloody huge. Much bigger than our Fortuner.

We had to pay extra for the bed liner (which didn't cost much) and the sports bar in the back that appears in all the brochures and advertising for the XLT?

Set the missus loose on the salesman who was very polite and accommodating. She managed to get included, the following freebies in the deal:

• Rust proofing
  • Mats
  • 3M film to the windows
  • Full tank of diesel
  • 4 zone parking sensors

I am happy with deal and all I have to do now is figure out where I'm going park the dam_n thing as it ain't gunna fit in my driveway. I feel like a kid looking forward to Christmas!

Edited by Kabinretiree

Yesterday, I ordered my new Aurora Blue Ford Ranger double cab XLT Auto. Salesman told us that we maybe able to receive it as early as the 12th - 15th Jan, depending on what is delivered to the showroom between those dates or at the very latest, by the end of January.

We had to pay extra for the bed liner (which didn't cost much) and the sports bar in the back that appears in all the brochures and advertising for the XLT?

Set the missus loose on the salesman who was very polite and accommodating. She managed to get included, the following freebies in the deal:

• Rust proofing
  • Mats
  • 3M film to the windows
  • Full tank of diesel
  • 4 zone parking sensors

I am happy with deal and all I have to do now is figure out where I'm going park the dam_n thing as it ain't gunna fit in my driveway. I feel like a kid looking forward to Christmas!

Did you also get 1st class insurance?

• Rust proofing
  • Mats
  • 3M film to the windows
  • Full tank of diesel
  • 4 zone parking sensors

Did you also get 1st class insurance?

yeah, the major freebies are in insurance, tax/reg/plate, like 30-35k baht

No....We didn't get the free first year comprehensive insurance as the dealer indicated that is only available if you finance the vehicle. This is clearly indicated in the Ford brochures and website ( read the asterix **)

We paid cash. Not worth financing the vehicle just to get one years free insurance when the interest costs (@ 2.55%) for one year alone = THB 20,400 and you can insure the vehicle independantly for THB 12-14,000 per year.

I wonder what the maximum tyre size is for the new ranger, since it is

bigger than the other trucks.

I want to buy the same size as I have on my current truck 33".

But I rather not lift a brand new Ford Ranger.

blackrambar.jpg

I've seen photoshopt images from new Rangers in 22 and 26 inch . I think 22 would look the best . This is low profile and not the mud tyres you have .

No....We didn't get the free first year comprehensive insurance as the dealer indicated that is only available if you finance the vehicle. This is clearly indicated in the Ford brochures and website ( read the asterix **)

We paid cash. Not worth financing the vehicle just to get one years free insurance when the interest costs (@ 2.55%) for one year alone = THB 20,400 and you can insure the vehicle independantly for THB 12-14,000 per year.

Anyone know the max deposit you can put down to qualify for free insurance?

Low profile tires on a 4x4 truck.

<expletive.>

<expletive.>

all Th 4x4 trucks come with low profile (70-60) tyres as a compromise to obtain acceptable on road handling. extreme offroad is better in 80-90 profile, on road only is better in 40-50 profile

Most people drive more then 90% of the time on roads where a 4x4 is useless . They want a pickup for it's looks , it's sturdyness and it's ability to handle large loads . Lowering a pickup and/or giving it low profile tyres , increases the look ( for some ) and increases handling on normal roads with upto medium loads ( max load of the pick up would provide a very rough ride ) ,

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Pl7_2ikTdtE/TL5Pk0Ajy2I/AAAAAAAAEnE/FLY9HOF6C1s/Nova%20Ford%20Ranger%202012%20rebaixada%20rodas%2022.jpg

http://www.virtualtunedcars.com/wp-content/uploads/nova-Ford-Ranger-2012-dub-rodas-26-620x465.jpg

And this being from the new isuzu

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/317714_247853665261957_100001119771626_656585_382980468_n.jpg

If it's not your thing , do not do it . For me a high ride is not my thing , but i do like the lowered ones . It provides plenty of place to go with the comlete family somewhere , load some bulky goods and still handle potholes a lot better then a standard car ( when staying away from the lowest ones . Like i mentioned b4 , a 20 inch would look very nice IMHO and still have not too low tyres . .

Talking about wheels...do you think it is possible in Th to request different wheels for your new truck (without paying to much extra).What I mean is to order the 2.2 T6 XLT with the 18" 3.2 Wildtrak wheels ??They show them in the brochure and it will be easy (IMO) to upgrade to 18"...I know it's just common sense huh.png ...but TIT !??

<expletive.>

<expletive.>

all Th 4x4 trucks come with low profile (70-60) tyres as a compromise to obtain acceptable on road handling. extreme offroad is better in 80-90 profile, on road only is better in 40-50 profile

Most people drive more then 90% of the time on roads where a 4x4 is useless . They want a pickup for it's looks , it's sturdyness and it's ability to handle large loads . Lowering a pickup and/or giving it low profile tyres , increases the look ( for some ) and increases handling on normal roads with upto medium loads ( max load of the pick up would provide a very rough ride ) ,

http://lh5.ggpht.com...0rodas%2022.jpg

http://www.virtualtu...-26-620x465.jpg

And this being from the new isuzu

http://a4.sphotos.ak...382980468_n.jpg

If it's not your thing , do not do it . For me a high ride is not my thing , but i do like the lowered ones . It provides plenty of place to go with the comlete family somewhere , load some bulky goods and still handle potholes a lot better then a standard car ( when staying away from the lowest ones . Like i mentioned b4 , a 20 inch would look very nice IMHO and still have not too low tyres . .

Still can't make my mind up on the looks of this new Ford, but that Isuzu looks good esp in that colour & with those wheels

Just had a test drive in the hi-rider XLT automatic in Chiang Mai. Only around part of the ringroad, but I was impressed. Gears seemed very responsive, & lots of power, but so it should, I drive a 11 yr old strada 4x4!! Sitting position seemed very high, but it was only afterwards I realized the seat was probably at its highest, as my wife told me my head was nearly at the roof. Salesman said the 2wd Wildtrack should be available to look at later this month. Not sure if it's worth the extra, especially since the 1st year insurance isn't included for the Wildtrack - according to the salesman.

Anyone seen any in the Metropolitan Grey? Would like to see a photo.

I think you'll find your dealer is trying it on. As far as I know all models till Feb get free insurance, ALL the other freebies can be had but will be hardwork. The grey wildtrak is pictured above at the media day.

I think you'll find your dealer is trying it on. As far as I know all models till Feb get free insurance, ALL the other freebies can be had but will be hardwork. The grey wildtrak is pictured above at the media day.

Yeah, he might've been trying to bag a sale now, rather than the Wildtrack later, as my interest might disappear. Offered free insurance & road tax on the XLT & few other minor freebies.

Edit: Just had the wife translate the pricelist with the bit about free insurance, & it does apply to all models.

Edited by MESmith

I've got the card to the dealer in BKK that's offering all the extras, approx 30K worth. If you send me a PM I'll send the details over, when I'm infront of the computer.

Edited by stefan2519

The picture of the metro grey isn't very clear, or maybe I'm looking at the wrong pics. Anyway, I found an Aussie site with some better pic, including Gunmetal blue, which is my favourite at the moment if I buy the XLT. If I buy the Wildtrak, it'll be the Chilli Orange....

The picture of the metro grey isn't very clear, or maybe I'm looking at the wrong pics. Anyway, I found an Aussie site with some better pic, including Gunmetal blue, which is my favourite at the moment if I buy the XLT. If I buy the Wildtrak, it'll be the Chilli Orange....

Just curious, why so expensive in Aus? I thought prices were high in Thailand but 2x Thai prices...is it an import/excise tax thing or does Ford just raise the price because of the higher standard of living/income in Aus?

Just curious, why so expensive in Aus? I thought prices were high in Thailand but 2x Thai prices...is it an import/excise tax thing or does Ford just raise the price because of the higher standard of living/income in Aus?

The Thai-Australia FTA signed back in 2005 means the only taxes Aussies pay on Thai-made cars are 10% GST and then a further 2-4% stamp duty - i.e. far less than what Thai's pay (taxes on a 4-door pickup in TH are: 14% for excise + interior tax, then another 7% on top for VAT).

The top Ranger Wildtrak model would be in for the Luxury Car Tax in Australia though.