Detail About Matching Names On Accounts For Swift Wires

OK, here's the issue.

I have a US account where the official name on the account has my middle name formatted as a one letter initial

and my Thai bank account my middle name is fully spelled out

-- will the US bank see those as being in the same name (required as they won't do a wire to a third party with the method I am using)?

-- will there be any issue from the Thai receiving end, with the funds coming in with the name being slightly different (as described above)?

Edited by Jingthing

Never had any problem sending money from any of my US bank accounts to my Bangkok Bank accounts....all my US bank accounts only use my middle name "initial" while my Bangkok Bank accounts use my full middle name. I'm not doing SWIFT transfers but online internet banking ACH transfers, which are a heck of a lot cheaper (i.e., no sending bank fees for the US banks I'm with). I did do a couple of big dollar SWIFT transfers about 4 years ago to one of my Bangkok Bank accounts when buying our home...only used my middle name initials for those transfers also. And whether I send money to the my joint account (wife's name on account also) or the account under my name only, I"ve never had any "middle name/initial" transfer problem.

On you bank transfer request form (if you are required to submit one ) just list the receiving Thai Bank in the name exactly as it appears on your passbook or online

I use my middle initial C on all of my US banks but since Thailand banks need to see your passport to open an account they always use the full spelling of my middle name

In fact, just to make sure that there are no problems on the US end I spell it out completely to include the MISTER that Thai Banks insist on using :whistling:

Oh these middle names. I myself have totally three names on top of my familyname. And they are spelled out completely on every ID thing I have ID-card and Yellow book and so on....

In Sweden we do not take any notice about these middle names except for our passport, but merely concentrate on my real name and my familyname and that´s that!!!! I do not know the reason for being so clumpsy with our falangnames. May be thais dont have more than ONE name plus their familyname????

Glegolo

Thanks for the responses. We'll see how this works. It's an online SWIFT transfer attempt and the sending bank won't let me edit the sending name on the online order as for their records, the middle initial is just an initial.

Edited by Jingthing