We Are Looking For An Affordable Tailor, No Brokers

bangkokcitylimits

A fashion designer is looking for an experienced tailor who can make men's wear, like the ones where the Indian 'brokers' have they things made. We not deal with the expensive brokers but want to know where are the people who do the actual work. The ladies in the Kadluang bldg (behind the drug stores on the 2nd floor) not do men's wear anyway.

Many thanks in advance for the right information !

Sometimes middle men come in handy....

Try Frank the Fashion King down in Kalare, he did me an urgent dinner jacket recently, in 18 hrs with 2 fittings, - or his girls on the second floor did. But he charged a decent price and knew what we were talking about.

I think the people who do the actual work wont have a clue what your fashion designer is talking about,,,

Smile and Wave.

Sometimes middle men come in handy....

Try Frank the Fashion King down in Kalare, he did me an urgent dinner jacket recently, in 18 hrs with 2 fittings, - or his girls on the second floor did. But he charged a decent price and knew what we were talking about.

I think the people who do the actual work wont have a clue what your fashion designer is talking about,,,

Smile and Wave.

'Fashion King' does not sound like a skilled tailor more like a clever marketing guy... No I wanna see him work with his own hands and a sewing machine.

Well, I asked because I know of a few tailors that do the work for the big outfits. However they are older now and don't want to do large amounts but for small orders they can do whatever you want. I know of one tailor that can copy any style from a photo or picture exactly but he is a little more costly and still sends out most of his work, but still reasonable 250-300 for pants and shirts.

But if it is just for someone to become a broker themselves, I won't help. Why should I help someone make money off someone elses work.

Well, I asked because I know of a few tailors that do the work for the big outfits. However they are older now and don't want to do large amounts but for small orders they can do whatever you want. I know of one tailor that can copy any style from a photo or picture exactly but he is a little more costly and still sends out most of his work, but still reasonable 250-300 for pants and shirts.

But if it is just for someone to become a broker themselves, I won't help. Why should I help someone make money off someone elses work.

We don't do commercial broker things but need few specific designs made for clients and experimental creations for ourselves, partly using our own fabrics. So far no large quantities either, but depending on the tailor we might want to 'keep him' for upcoming projects.

The Indians are more for suits and mainstream stuff and we have very bad experience last year with a Sikh opposite Anusan market who completely messed up our 30,000b orders and used our own fabrics the wrong way so they could not be sold anymore.

So we like to deal directly with the people who have the skills, we can treat them better then those greedy brokers do.

If you exactly know what you want (most customers don't and they are easy peasy for them) those brokers are useless, communication via a middleman does not work at all but you need to explain and discuss things directly with the makers. Those brokers only know how to measure a body and sell and they know little about materials, they can't think out of the box either.

If you exactly know what you want (most customers don't and they are easy peasy for them) those brokers are useless, communication via a middleman does not work at all but you need to explain and discuss things directly with the makers. Those brokers only know how to measure a body and sell and they know little about materials, they can't think out of the box either.

I use Neramit Tailors on 91/2 Ratchawong Road, near the American Consulate. This tailor is good and has two other tailors working for him. They do all the work in his shop. They don't send their work out to a sweat shop like many of the tailors do in Chiang Mai. You can look him up on the Internet.

I use Neramit Tailors on 91/2 Ratchawong Road, near the American Consulate. This tailor is good and has two other tailors working for him. They do all the work in his shop. They don't send their work out to a sweat shop like many of the tailors do in Chiang Mai. You can look him up on the Internet.

Sounds good, we will go see that one also.

Thanks (to all)

Newbie, I am looking for someone who can sew clothes for my personal wardrobe (casual, girly stuff). I buy fabric myself and I have pictures/ drawings of the garment.

I was thinking about a sewer in the street (outside in a stall), but maybe the ones you know have better skills (and less headache on my side ;-)

I wonder where Thai ladies have their clothes made... gents, can you ask this your pretty Thai gf/wife for me? Please? jap.gif

Edited by Soulwy

I'll second old 'Neverfit', did me some decent shirts and pants and he speaks good English, has his cutters on site.

Also there is a Thai guy opposite Huen Gaey restaurant on Rachamanka, very good does it all himself made numerous shirts, trousers and Thai style Dress shirts for me at very reasonable price.

john