Gpx Zf250 Enduro Motorcycle

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No argument it's just annoying some of the crap Richard spouts about these bikes as I've said the gpx is fine for people that want something a bit cheaper and don't mind fixing things when they go wrong but please don't make this bike out to be something it isn't and take it for what it is ,it seems most people can except this apart from our friend Richard who is pretty notorious for giving out incorrect info on here.

And that's me done with this thread thanks for the disscussion

Are you telling me that the gpx comes with d.i.d rims I don't think it does some how Richard yet more incorrect information spouted by yourself And as for the fox suspension it's probably not original but a cheap imitation Chinese lookalike you are now trying to have us believe this bike comes with proper motox components you do talk some rubbish

see, the thing is you just dont know, do you? yet still you argue.

Why argue over a bike that for whatever reason is now not sold in Thailand .... why is it not sold??????

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

No, just the enduro is not for sale, the cross still is, and they are the same bike essentially.

Does the cross have lights? Can it be registered for the road?

If not..... not the same :rolleyes:

^

99.9% sure it don't and would be willing to bet money on it if I was a betting man ,Richard could prove this but then he would have to admit he has given wrong info out again.

as i said, you got nothing. have you even seen the bike, let alone ridden it?

Have you???

^

99.9% sure it don't and would be willing to bet money on it if I was a betting man ,Richard could prove this but then he would have to admit he has given wrong info out again.

Have you???

If you check any threads on these bikes you would see that I had 2 bikes in 4 days from this company i had the lx 140 and they both had problems it's a shame because the 250 is great looking bike ,certain people seem to think they are made with quality parts well that's not my experience the Chinese are excellent at making copies just cause it has a fox sticker or stamp does not mean it's original quality parts.

Are you telling me that the gpx comes with d.i.d rims I don't think it does some how Richard yet more incorrect information spouted by yourself And as for the fox suspension it's probably not original but a cheap imitation Chinese lookalike you are now trying to have us believe this bike comes with proper motox components you do talk some rubbish

Who is giving out wrong information? Is the Kawasaki KLX250 standard equipped with D.I.D. Wheels? Or are the wheels on the Thai built Kawasaki KLX250 from Union Automotive parts? The wheels on the GPX ZF250 are from Union Autoparts

While in some countries in the world a Chinese manufacturer can probably get away with selling fake FOX Racing Shox suspension I doubt that they are capable of doing so in Australia and the USA. So with that information we can assume that the FOX Racing Shox suspension on the GPX ZF250 is real.

If I have provided wrong information regarding the GPX ZF250 motorcycle please share that information so that other people following this discussion will also know that... I'm only human and as we all know humans can make mistakes... So I'm very sure that everybody here would like to know if any information I provided is incorrect.

Why argue over a bike that for whatever reason is now not sold in Thailand .... why is it not sold??????

No, just the enduro is not for sale, the cross still is, and they are the same bike essentially.

Does the cross have lights? Can it be registered for the road?

If not..... not the same rolleyes.gif

No the GPX ZF250 Gross is not equipped with lights, and it cannot be registered. Still all parts from the ZF250 Gross can be used on the ZF250 Enduro (with the logical exception of the lights, but who ever went to a Honda or Kawasaki dealer to buy original light bulbs for his motorcycle).

Edited by Richard-BKK

^

Have you???

If you check any threads on these bikes you would see that I had 2 bikes in 4 days from this company i had the lx 140 and they both had problems it's a shame because the 250 is great looking bike ,certain people seem to think they are made with quality parts well that's not my experience the Chinese are excellent at making copies just cause it has a fox sticker or stamp does not mean it's original quality parts.

Oh and I am know 100% that they don't come with d.i.d rims so Richard talking about them sharing sharing suppliers for wheels and other parts is rubbish do you honestly think the gap makers would be sharing supports with this lot it really is laughable then again maybe they do the quality parts obviously going to the jap bikes and the shit going to gpx

Edited by taninthai

Who is giving out wrong information? Is the Kawasaki KLX250 standard equipped with D.I.D. Wheels? Or are the wheels on the Thai built Kawasaki KLX250 from Union Automotive parts? The wheels on the GPX ZF250 are from Union Autoparts

While in some countries in the world a Chinese manufacturer can probably get away with selling fake FOX Racing Shox suspension I doubt that they are capable of doing so in Australia and the USA. So with that information we can assume that the FOX Racing Shox suspension on the GPX ZF250 is real.

If I have provided wrong information regarding the GPX ZF250 motorcycle please share that information so that other people following this discussion will also know that... I'm only human and as we all know humans can make mistakes... So I'm very sure that everybody here would like to know if any information I provided is incorrect.

perhaps we could get a closeup of your shock richard. the gas reservoir does not resemble any fox product i have seen either in life or in pictures

^

Have you???

no, i have not, but then i am not making any claims, am i?

^

Have you???

so you have neither seen nor ridden this particular bike then?

I am most interested in real experience, less so in speculation.

I am well aware of what the chinese are capable, however they are equally capable of making many of the components that comprise name brands that are synonymous with quality.

This thing would be ideal for koh phangan. and yes it is very cheap but hat does not lead me to discount it outright as i have heard some very good things about it outside this forum

Richards quote below

I'm sure that you'll be surprised if I claim that the quality of the wheels GPX ZF250 uses is the same as they use on the KLX250 or CRF250L, they actual come from the same manufacturer.

So Richard the crf comes with did rims sort of blows your above statement out the water the crf also comes with did chain these are just some of the quality parts I'm talkin about let's look at forks crf nOt adjustable but made by showa with the spring on one side suppose to give better feedback from the road surface sorry you didn't mention what forks the gpx has

Richards quote below

I'm sure that you'll be surprised if I claim that the quality of the wheels GPX ZF250 uses is the same as they use on the KLX250 or CRF250L, they actual come from the same manufacturer.

So Richard the crf comes with did rims sort of blows your above statement out the water the crf also comes with did chain these are just some of the quality parts I'm talkin about let's look at forks crf nOt adjustable but made by showa with the spring on one side suppose to give better feedback from the road surface sorry you didn't mention what forks the gpx has

That is indeed good information as I was informed that the rims/wheels on the Kawasaki KLX250 come from Union Autoparts http://www.uam.co.th...oductsRIMs.html

I cannot find any conformation that the Honda CRF250L is using D.I.D. rims, I know they use D.I.D. Rims on the CRF250R but that bike is in a whole different price class also the CRF250L and CRF250R do not use the same wheels.

I personally have some reservations to believe Honda is using DID rims on the budget Honda CRF250L, the main reason is that Union Autoparts is a Honda affiliated company setup in partnership with Siam Goshi Manufacturing Co.,Ltd (which on its own is already a partnership between Goshi Giken Co.,Ltd and Honda), the main mission of the company is to create a reliable manufacturer for parts and wheels for motorcycles.

Of course Honda and Goshi Giken would invest into a company that big and than use rims from other companies for use in their own budget motorcycles... this is completely logical...hahaha

According to Motorcyclist Online website, the Honda CRF250L comes with STEEL rims http://www.motorcycl.../05/wheels.html And Total Motorcycle says they are lightweight aluminum rims http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2013models/2013-Honda-CRF250L.htm still I cannot find any website that confirms that the wheels or the rims are from DID

Edited by Richard-BKK

Richard what more confirmation do you need other thsn straight from an owners mouth if I was near my bike I would post a picture it clearly has d.I.d stamped into the rim and they are ally and I believe it shares the same rims as one of the other crf mx bikes but maybe different spokes and hubs as Kawasaki don't know haven't got one little lesson don't believe everything you read on the internt

So who is surprised now....

Edited by taninthai

Richard what more confirmation do you need other thsn straight from an owners mouth if I was near my bike I would post a picture it clearly has d.I.d stamped into the rim and they are ally and I believe it shares the same rims as one of the other crf mx bikes but maybe different spokes and hubs as Kawasaki don't know haven't got one little lesson don't believe everything you read on the internt

So who is surprised now....

Sure I not believe everything on the Internet, but I would expected that some magazine that tested the Honda CRF250L would mention DID rims, its a famous name...

We're in Thailand, and I can tell you that not much people with some technical/motorcycle knowledge will specify a Thai made DID chain as a quality product.

If you search a bit on this forum a user called Tony-BKK reported that he was very disappointed in the quality of a Thai made DID chain as it only lasted around 6 months...

^

can't really go by one persons comment to me a did chain is a did chain no matter where it's made as you said did is a famous name and it's certainly better than a no name chain mines been on the bike 6 months all off roading and i havent even had to adjust it yet thats with 2500 km done,anyway just for you I will post a picture off the did rims tommorow

Edited by taninthai

^

can't really go by one persons comment to me a did chain is a did chain no matter where it's made as you said did is a famous name and it's certainly better than a no name chain mines been on the bike 6 months all off roading and i havent even had to adjust it yet thats with 2500 km done,anyway just for you I will post a picture off the did rims tommorow

I would be more interested in the rims of the GPX. Could you please post your rim picture in the CRF thread. Thanks whistling.gif

in addition to the fox shock. dont think we will see either, the two of them are too busy bickering

Actually I have no problems with giving information, the delay in responding to the FOX Racing suspension is that I have also some doubts that I hope to clear within a few days. I send several emails to Fox Racing and Fox Racing distributors and the manufacturer of GPX motorcycle to get confirmation that the shock is a OEM Fox shock

As you can see the in the picture of the shock, it doesn't look exactly like the latest FOX Podium RC2 shock, still it has similar operation and settings. So my first idea was that they could be fake, but I was told by several MX riders that the 'old' pre-Podium shocks from FOX Racing look similar, also I found that Polaris uses Fox Racing shocks on its Scrambler 400 which also look not much like what FOX is selling commercially.

Also in the USA and Australia GPX claims that the same shocks are OEM Fox Racing shocks....

So I hope to tell everybody the complete information within a few days.

post-12170-0-32874300-1350817616_thumb.j

I still can't stop laughing at the fact you actually thought a Chinese bike uses the same parts as the Japanese bikes ,it's pretty obvious it not a real fox shock since when do the Chinese put anything original on their bikes they wouldn't be cheap if they did.

Anyway I'm just back from a 290 km ride on my bike I had to fill the thing up twice since I know the gpx only has a 5 litre tank and the gpx is known drink alot of petrol I reckon you must be getting way less than 100 km from a tank I reckon if your really hammering it it could be as low as 50-60 km from a tankfull which is pretty useless really

I still can't stop laughing at the fact you actually thought a Chinese bike uses the same parts as the Japanese bikes ,it's pretty obvious it not a real fox shock since when do the Chinese put anything original on their bikes they wouldn't be cheap if they did.

Anyway I'm just back from a 290 km ride on my bike I had to fill the thing up twice since I know the gpx only has a 5 litre tank and the gpx is known drink alot of petrol I reckon you must be getting way less than 100 km from a tank I reckon if your really hammering it it could be as low as 50-60 km from a tankfull which is pretty useless really

I also had contact with DID Thailand and they confirmed that Honda is using a DID chain for the Honda CRF250L, but they said they knew nothing about Honda using DirtStar rims on the CRF250L. If you want to contact them yourself, you can the telephone number is 038-891206

See here the two models of rims in two colors with the marking as DID sells them, by the way DID doesn't make rims in Thailand.

post-12170-0-48375200-1350821161_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK

Jesus Christ Richard who said anything about dirtstar rims did do make other rims aswell you know do yourself a favour stop ringing people up and believing everything you read in Internet/magazines and go and look at a crf tommorow again it has japan d.I.d stamped into the rim so I presume they come from japan obviously not 100% off the bike parts are made in Thailand they import some parts thought you would know this being in the bussiness.

I agree, and I never made it a secret, the GPX ZF250 Enduro is not very fuel efficient – this is one of the reasons why I would not buy or recommend it as a motorcycle for daily commuting, also I never recommended the ZF250 as motorcycle for touring or longer rides.

More fuel consumption should not be a surprise to anybody, as more power production comes often with higher fuel consumption...

For the FOX Racing shock, it's still not decided if they're original or not, I'm waiting for a reply from Fox Racing. Still I would be surprised if the GPX distributor in the USA and Australia would be allowed to sell fake Fox Racing shocks....

This thread should be closed now as is just a slanging match between 2 people!all we want to know is about the bike please.

I don't see it as a slagging match it's a discussion making sure the right info is out there

Richard asked if he was giving out wrong info could I prove it and that's what's been done,it is bait annoying though when I see Richard is still struggling to accept some of the facts

Why do you think it's fox anyway is it something you have read somewhere ,does it have any fox markings or stamps on I would have thought fox shocks would be easily identifiable my mind is certain it's not fox

Same as the forks Richard they are going to be a no name copy so your claim that the suspension is better on this bike than the other 2 is again wrong I will leave you to prove they are better and don't claim their better just because the adjustable cheap copy adjustable forks do not beat branded famous names I'd take the showa forks of the crf any day of the week and Kawasaki forks aree even better than these so I been told

Edited by taninthai