Where To Get Health Ins.In Cm

TheFishman1

I was hoping somebody in CM can recomend where or who to get Health Ins. in CM. And what experiences they have had when they needed to use it.Just a question hope it does not offend Newbie 001 would not want to do that.Oh I am still loving CM ever day is beter then the day before.I have decided to post less about my feeling of Great Joy of being here for I don"t want to offend the people who are so unhappy here. just my 2 cents :D

Fishman, you're to be commended for thinking about the future here. It's not all trips to the Night Bazaar and Sunday Walking market, although some of us do enjoy sharing your wonder at all the new sights. At some point you're going to be involved in a motorcycle accident (if you're silly enough to ride one) or fall into a hole in a sidewalk while you're distracted by some new sight.

It would help if we knew your nationality and approximate age. Hubby and I use Health Care International, which we purchased thru a contact at the Expats Club. We are very happy with the coverage and handling of claims. As Americans, we understand the concept that pre-existing conditions will not be covered for a period of time and that the insurance costs increase as you get older. We've seen other expats who come from countries with a national health care system and they're often amazed that 1) you just can't walk into a hospital and expect free care, 2) pre-exisiting conditions aren't covered as soon as you sign up and 3) that the policies are so expensive and almost impossible to obtain as a new customer over age 70.

Whatever you do, don't wait until you're in the hospital to start shopping for health insurance. It's best to get on board right away and stay healthy for a while. Most policies won't cover pre-existing conditions for a couple years and they're going to try to say that many problems you have during the first couple years are related to a pre-exisiting condition.

Edited by NancyL

We use Thai BUPA, have done for 8 years.Have claimed twice with no problem. Various levels of insurance/prices.We use Sapphire (I think!) basic which is quite adequate and not to expensive considering the ages of er indoors and myself.

PM if you would like the agent contact number.

This forum has a sponsor that has a very good plan and there is a link just above to show you pricing and benefits in a very clear fashion (I have had their health, home & motor bike insurance for 3 years)

Luckily I can not speak to any issues dealing with filing a claim :D

Press "Insurance" above...

At a minimum it will give you a good summary and price point to use as a start

PS I am a bit of a newbie to CM too and I like your unjaded posts - I feel the same :rolleyes:

Edited by sfokevin

Bupa is fine until you are 65.....And then things change. Tried Bupa....but they do not go beyond 65. So I sought other alternatives that will guarantee me cover beyond this age, which is along way off yet.

I tried about 9 different companies and read the small script ...I chose a company that is flexible, providing you take it out before your 65th birthday and will allow cover to continue until your demise.

I chose a company that is flexible, providing you take it out before your 65th birthday and will allow cover to continue until your demise.

And the name of that company is.....?

Post deleted at my own hand. Buyer beware ...especially from Farangs who call themselves "insurance agents". Some of them really are not qualified to own this title and they prey on the vulnerable and unsuspecting Farang public , who seek medical/life cover/property cover and auto insurance.

They (these farang agencies) are wildly expensive and not really brokers in the true sense and only offer a limited solution that brings them the most commission from a small number of companies. I have renewed my car and motorcycle insurance within the same conditions that they offered at a cost of 70 % percent below their "Farang friendly discounted" offer.

You only have to speak a little bit of thai or get someone you trust who speaks thai to realise the great saving, that these people prey upon you because you are unaware of what is on offer on the Thai market.

Edited by Raindancer

I chose a company that is flexible, providing you take it out before your 65th birthday and will allow cover to continue until your demise.

Post deleted at my own hand. Buyer beware ...especially from Farangs who call themselves "insurance agents". Some of them really are not qualified to own this title and they prey on the vulnerable and unsuspecting Farang public , who seek medical/life cover/property cover and auto insurance.

They (these farang agencies) are wildly expensive and not really brokers in the true sense and only offer a limited solution that brings them the most commission from a small number of companies. I have renewed my car and motorcycle insurance within the same conditions that they offered at a cost of 70 % percent below their "Farang friendly discounted" offer.

You only have to speak a little bit of thai or get someone you trust who speaks thai to realise the great saving, that these people prey upon you because you are unaware of what is on offer on the Thai market.

Thaivisa insurance is provided by a Company level broker, which is the highest level of broker in Thailand by the Insurance Ombudsman, you will not pay more going through a certified broker and with Thaivisa's group plan you will often pay less or have a higher coverage for same cost.

Bupa is fine until you are 65.....And then things change. Tried Bupa....but they do not go beyond 65.

Not exactly accurate.

If you sign up for insurance before age 65 (even if it's 64 years and 360 days), they

will insure you up to age 70 as long as you make your premium payment on time.

If you sign up for insurance before age 60 (59 years and 360 days), they will insure

you for the rest of your life as long as you make your premium payment on time

"Guarantee for life"…Bupa commitment for Customer

Khun Duangkamol Ruengsri, Customber Loyalty Manager and Bupa team is pleased to present the warm welcome to Mr.William J. Klausner (81years old) and his wife, Khun Kampen Klausner (82 years old) who came to Bupa Head office for the annual policy renewal.

Mr. and Mrs. Klausner are the eldest Bupa members that we are proud of to present and to repeat our promise of "Lifetime Renewal Guaranteed"

Bupa can be obtained through Thaivisa Insurance at a discount.

What total nonsense. There are farang insurance agents in Thailand that are totally legit. (I only know of two; one being associated with thaivisa.com). Their prices are the same as Thai-owned agencies. Most companies like Thai Health, Ayudhya Allianz, etc., etc. even list the prices for health premiums right on the company brochure. It doesn't matter if you speak Thai or not. Everyone pays the same. Compulsory auto or motorcycle insurance premiums are set by the government. Everyone pays the same.

My g/f is obsessive about getting the best prices for insurance, health, auto, etc. She is a native Thai speaker. The prices she gets are no less than the TV broker or the other broker who many ex-pats use. The good thing about using one of the farang agents is that it is easier to communicate with them if there is a problem.

It is all well and good but is there any insurance out there that will insure over 65 that is the question many people would like to know at a resonable rate not the estortion price some of them charge

This doesn't deserve a reply since neither you nor the OP have given enough details.

Do you only need coverage in Thailand?

Do you need regular or occasional coverage in the US?

What's your definition of "estortion"?

As thighlander says above, IMG offers great value for many of us. They also will offer new coverage to people up to 74 years of age.

It is all well and good but is there any insurance out there that will insure over 65 that is the question many people would like to know at a resonable rate not the estortion price some of them charge

This doesn't deserve a reply since neither you nor the OP have given enough details.

As thighlander says above, IMG offers great value for many of us. They also will offer new coverage to people up to 74 years of age.

Quite correct but we shall suggest a couple of premiums which can be offered for Euro200,000 (approx 8.5m Baht ) of coverage as a guidance.

>65 the premium would be Euro1,500 (64,000 Baht)

66 - 70 Euro1,932 (82,500 Baht)

Hope this helps ?

Quite correct but we shall suggest a couple of premiums which can be offered for Euro200,000 (approx 8.5m Baht ) of coverage as a guidance.

>65 the premium would be Euro1,500 (64,000 Baht)

66 - 70 Euro1,932 (82,500 Baht)

Hope this helps ?

Insuranceman.....Is that for health insurance, and for what period???? certainly not for a month

BUPA does cover people over 65. I have it and the last time I checked I am over 65. You might also try http://www.aainsure....chiang-mai.html, which is a farang run broker and I have had good results with them.