Registering A Bike

longjonsilver

Hi Guys,

Bought a new bike a few months back and for ease at the time had it reg'd in my partners name but would like some advice on how to register it in my name ?

Its my toy and I want it in my name haha if there's anyone out there who's done it in Chiangmai in your name would love to know the exact procedure

Thanks in advance

Jon

You need a proof of residence document from immigration or your Consul/Embassy. Take that your PP, your partner with her government ID, house paper, and the mc registration book and go to the Dept. of Land Transport. They will tell you want to copy and you can copy it there. Transfer fees are small but if your partner is going to sell it to you then you will need money to pay her for it.

You will need her to sign the release section of the green book and a signed copy of her ID card.

You will also need to get a residency certificate from immigration (30 mn process, 2 x passport photos, copy of rental agreement/house or condo ownership, a copy of your passport ID page, Visa page and Departure card as well as your passport in immigration).

Once you have residency cert and release docs. Go down to the registration office in Nong Hoi and re-register it in your name.

Costs a couple of hundred Baht i think.

If this process is incorrect or I've missed something, someone will correct me in a flash I'm sure lol