What Would You Like To See At Airports?

dunkin2012

The total removal of muslim prayer rooms. the jews, Christians, Buddhists, Taoists, et al are not catered for so why the discriminations. and by the way the use of the words Muslim Prayer rooms is false, last time i stuck my nose into one out of curiosity, I didnt see any bums in the air just loads lolling around reading and smoking !

How about the total removal of muslims from airports ? The rest of us wouldn't have to go through endless mind numbing security checks.

The total removal of muslim prayer rooms. the jews, Christians, Buddhists, Taoists, et al are not catered for so why the discriminations. and by the way the use of the words Muslim Prayer rooms is false, last time i stuck my nose into one out of curiosity, I didnt see any bums in the air just loads lolling around reading and smoking !

How about the total removal of muslims from airports ? The rest of us wouldn't have to go through endless mind numbing security checks.

It was only a matter of time before some ignoramus would arrive to defecate all over a whole race and religion with one big broad brush stroke of xenophobic and prejudice paint. ;)

A re-entry permit immigration counter that gives them away and makes life easier for frequent travelers. A Chinese buffet place like the real Chinese food in the USA :) A place that makes an actual gyros with fresh-backed Greek bread. A Mexican taqueria that makes real Mexican food and not the stuff they make in Thailand now. A real Italian sub place (Thailand does not have one).

Do you spend all your time on holidays/when traveling in the airport to make all that such a priority...? I mean how many hours do you actually spend in the airport. As long as there is a bar and something that fits the description of food your sorted. When things go to plan as they usually do....you do not need to be in an airport anymore than 2-3 hours.

No, but I have had long waits at airports for various reasons. Even with a relatively short two hour wait I usually want to waste that time eating food or having a drink. The food ideas might be good for an entrepreneur who might want to make some money, but I am not sure. The Italian sub would probably be the best idea of the bunch. But many international travelers might not like Chinese food, or gyro, or Mexican food.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

SFO is one of the more beautiful and friendly airports in the USA. Its hard to believe that just down the coast is LAX which is the exact opposite of SFO. It's like going from Belair to Compton. What's not to like about SFO? (Plus, SF is a beautiful city with magnificent views.)

In Thailand, Koh Samui gets my love because of its open plan, and airy feel. Outside of peak travel periods, it is not crowded and it luringly whispers, welcome to paradise. It's a small airport done right with places to walk and bathrooms that don't reek..

AIrports are for transiting and getting one's flight and baggage on the way. In that regard, SIN and HKG have it down right. Have a flight delay or other crisis and the 2 airports can handle it.

As far as BKK goes, I just want to get out of there asap and don't want to stick around for a massage, nail trim or happy dance at the immigration line.

Yes and the unshaded 200 meter walk without shuttle from terminal to flight past crap shopping is another bonus.