Changing Thai Baht To Singapore Dollar

james24

2 Kasikorn branches, 1 yellow bank, 2 UOB branches, they all say that they can change vice versa but changing Thai to SGD they dont do.....

Is this true and is this for all currencies now...???

Assuming you are going to Singapore..... here is what I found out on my trip in Feb when I took USD and Thai baht and ATM cards with me.

1. As a test, I used my US Bank ATM card at the terminal while waiting for transportation into town. I got the same exchange rate for USD as I did later in town at other ATMs.

2. I change USD and Thai baht at the bank and with money changers. While the money changers would pay slightly more, it frequently was not worth the trouble looking for them.

3. The exchange rates for USD, Thai baht, SGD were pretty much interchangeable. No significant difference from my view point.

Given that, if I go again, I will just take Thai baht and a Thai ATM card. I would keep some baht to have cash on hand when I returned to Thailand and use the ATM card to get more SGD when/if needed. I am a firm believe is KISS.

Thanks guys

I arrive late in Singapore, about 11 at night so just wanted to have some cash so I can pay for hotel etc without any ball ache. Also my atm card is only a UK savings account, my current account pin hasnt arrived yet so Im not sure if it will work.

Ill take a trip round today and see what I can find. It does seem very strange though as all these banks had rates for SGD but none of them did it. Does this work in Thai banks favour for some reason....? I thought it would be good for them if people sold their baht...??

Thanks guys

I arrive late in Singapore, about 11 at night so just wanted to have some cash so I can pay for hotel etc without any ball ache. Also my atm card is only a UK savings account, my current account pin hasnt arrived yet so Im not sure if it will work.

Ill take a trip round today and see what I can find. It does seem very strange though as all these banks had rates for SGD but none of them did it. Does this work in Thai banks favour for some reason....? I thought it would be good for them if people sold their baht...??

Changi Airport in Singapore has about ten (10) money exchange locations, at least two in each terminal, open 24 hours a day according to the Changi Airport website. Just google Changi Airport Money Exchange and click on the top site.

Rocket Scientist Dr. Dante

SK has disappointed me a few times lately. They never seem to have what I want or the proper denomination. They can get the foreign currencies but 3 or 4 times now I've had to come back 24-48 hours later to pick it up. I guess in the future I will call first and order what I need and save a trip. Also two weeks ago I ordered 175 Euros. I needed to send the money by post and was very clear that I wanted exactly 175 Euros. When I came to pick it up they offered me either 150 or 200 Euros which did not help me at all. They did not understand my disappointment. Any way I've had mostly good experience with them in the past so I'll try again.

They also demand an original passport now. They used to accept a photocopy but not anymore.

Thanks

Ill have a look at SK tonight. If all else fails good to know that money exchanges at Changi are 24hr.

I normally use banks to change money but looking at the rates the individual places seem to give better rates.

Thanks guys

Changi Airport in Singapore has about ten (10) money exchange locations, at least two in each terminal, open 24 hours a day according to the Changi Airport website. Just google Changi Airport Money Exchange and click on the top site.

Rocket Scientist Dr. Dante

Yep, I was last over there a month ago, I landed at 10.00pm and the money changers were open.

Cool

You know the staff in the banks here do make me laugh, the majority have no idea and trying to get them to actually do some work is bloody hard work, lazy sods lol

If you think the bank staff are lazy and have no idea, try tipping them better:

tipping everywhere

Cool

You know the staff in the banks here do make me laugh, the majority have no idea and trying to get them to actually do some work is bloody hard work, lazy sods lol

If you think the bank staff are lazy and have no idea, try tipping them better:

tipping everywhere

Tipping at a bank.... I've never done that in my life and Im definately not gonna start in Thailand. Ill tip if I get a good service not because that's the way to get it. It's upto their employers to pay them more not us, we get ripped off as it is.

I looked around for S.K exchange today but could not find it... I tried Night Bazaaar and they had one called V.K. As for Night Market could not find it anywhere. I did get sent over to near Rimping but nowhere to be seen. Can anyone tell me what it looks like....?

Night Bazaar = Night Market. But it's not on the main Night Bazaar street, Changkhlan Rd. It is on the street closer to the river, Charoen Prathet Rd.

S.K. Money Changer

73/8 Charoen Prathet Rd.

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50100

Thailand

Telephone:

053-271864

053-818118-9

053-273208

Night Bazaar = Night Market. But it's not on the main Night Bazaar street, Changkhlan Rd. It is on the street closer to the river, Charoen Prathet Rd.

S.K. Money Changer

73/8 Charoen Prathet Rd.

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50100

Thailand

Telephone:

053-271864

053-818118-9

053-273208

Thanks for the address mate, Ill have another pop tommorow, today was a serious wild goose chase.

I actaully thought the Night Bazaar was the road with Mcdonals, Burger King on it etc and the Night Market was where they sell the flowers, think they also call it Kad Luang, nice to know I can call it one or the other now lol

Edited by james24