Another Airasia "Big Sale"! Another Scam!

ricardofel

Air Asia is a very good airline for what they do. They are a "point to point" airline, so allow more than enough time (at least 3 hours;preferably overnight) on connections, even connections on 2 Air Asia flights. I find the cheapest flight from the U.S. into Bangkok and take the train to C.M. the next day, since I usually have 2 suitcases that weight 20 kilos and a carry on that weighs almost as much (the last time I carried a grundfos water pump in my carry on;it amused both the TSA agents in Kansas City and Narita). Since flights on Air Asia have been really cheap for the last couple of years (880 to take the train in 2nd class air conditioning versus 1,200 for Air Asia), I fly into BKK, stay near the train station, drop off the bags there the next morning to freight them to C.M. by the following day, do some errands and take an afternoon flight to C.M. with no luggage. Of course, if the difference in flying into C.M. versus BKK was less than the $300 plus that it is now, I'd fly MCI to CMX.

It has never been any different, or for those that wish to argue about it, it`s always been the same.

Do any of you remember those advertised flight special offers or promotions back in our own counties?

For example: Special deal, must book this month only, London return to New York, only £180. And then discover that the only way anyone is going to obtain a return flight from London to New York for £180, if they are a seventh son of a seventh son, need to be over 75 years old and have their grandfather accompany them during the flight, has to be snowing on a day when there is a solar eclipse and all the planets of our solar systems are in perfect alignment. In other words, nobody for one reason or another ever gets that flight for the advertised price.

Most of you old hands out there should know this by now..

Feckity feckity <deleted> <deleted> <deleted>!

i flew chiang mai to gold coast, australia return for about 14000 Baht, the best deal I could find at the time for any other airline was about 28000baht from bangkok...add on the CNX-BKK legs and over 30K. Although I did have to have an overnight in KL on the way back, but that wasn't a problem for me.

They are trying to get autority to fly to the states and they reckon it'll be about $600US return from KL and even cheaper with promotions.....hopefully they'll get that soon