Bake And Bite Vs Butter Is Better

cheshiregent

BiB now have a branch in Nim City next ro Rim Ping Supermarket, which is where I nomally shop.

I have looked in the window at thier mouthwatering pies and may have purchased one or two, but because they are not busy the girl inside comes out and stands behind me.

This practice just does not work for me so I move on.

I consider this constructive critisim, but thats just ME, I hate being hassled or being put under pressure to buy so I just go, Maybe BiB make more sales with the girl coming outside, I have no idea what thier policy is, after all it's thier business.

Actually, I hate that too. I will let her know not to do that to Farangs. Thais don't seem to mind it. They may even expect it. Thank you very much for the comment.

It's nice to find an establishment that takes notice of customer concerns. smile.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with the give-me-space-while-I-think camp. When the waiter hands you the menu and then stands there with his pad and pencil also annoys me. It is a reason not to return for me.

They do that everywhere in Thailand. I hate that.

Or when they, in an effort at self-promotion, stagger from table to table, often times removing french fries from unwitting patrons, thinking they are being social. :burp: Now that's REALLY annoying!

Hey, even restaurant owners gotta eat. wink.gif

"am i being an old fart thinking that thats expensive iv lived here for years so not sure the price of bread in the uk anymore"

The answer to your question is....YES. I checked with friends in the US and a loaf of Wonderbread (puffed air in a bag) is 90 baht. Butter is Better is striving to provide quality and to give expats and Thais a taste of western food. Fluffernutter was NEVER on the menu. It was on the specials board for a short time months ago. The bakery does not sell french bread..it's Italian.

They have come here and are trying to make a contribution to the community. What contribution have most of you made other than sitting at your computer and criticizing everyone and everything? Please list your business so we can go in and review it.

I for one am grateful for a taste of home and congratulate them on their attempts. The reason these things are not common is because it's very difficult to do it correctly.

For the record I am also a fan of Bake & Bite and enjoy eating there regularly also.

And yet you are a critic of other restaurants and a semi-partner in Butter is Better.???? Oh..Oh.. I forgot to mention that!!!

My involvement in Butter is Better has never been a secret and my critique of restaurants has always been constructive. Normally when I don't like a restaurant I just don't patronize it. Haven't seen you for years...how ya been?

"am i being an old fart thinking that thats expensive iv lived here for years so not sure the price of bread in the uk anymore"

The answer to your question is....YES. I checked with friends in the US and a loaf of Wonderbread (puffed air in a bag) is 90 baht. Butter is Better is striving to provide quality and to give expats and Thais a taste of western food. Fluffernutter was NEVER on the menu. It was on the specials board for a short time months ago. The bakery does not sell french bread..it's Italian.

They have come here and are trying to make a contribution to the community. What contribution have most of you made other than sitting at your computer and criticizing everyone and everything? Please list your business so we can go in and review it.

I for one am grateful for a taste of home and congratulate them on their attempts. The reason these things are not common is because it's very difficult to do it correctly.

For the record I am also a fan of Bake & Bite and enjoy eating there regularly also.

And yet you are a critic of other restaurants and a semi-partner in Butter is Better.???? Oh..Oh.. I forgot to mention that!!!

My involvement in Butter is Better has never been a secret and my critique of restaurants has always been constructive. Normally when I don't like a restaurant I just don't patronize it. Haven't seen you for years...how ya been?

It might not be a secret but when I replied to you about Butter Is Better I certainly had no idea that I was replying to someone who had a financial interest in the place. In your profile it says that you are an "Advanced Member", not that you are a sponsor, so unless someone spends a real lot of time on this forum they are not likely to know who you are. I guess that's one advantage of TV from a sponsor's point of view though - you're allowed to do that.

However that makes your comment about "They have come here and are trying to make a contribution to the community" in reference to Butter Is Better all the more bizarre. Your are investing in a restaurant as a service to the community? Give me a break..

Edited by OriginalPoster

There is no problem as far as I am concerned promoting your restaurant.

I think that the people of Chiang Mai have a lot of great choices for restaurants, maybe not as great as Bangkok but certainly better than a lot of the rest of Thailand. Most of the foreign and some of the Thai restaurant owners in Chiang Mai while they might have a certain amount of competition going on the only real competition is with themselves and their own restaurants. Finding ways to improve their product and to increase their market share is the real competition.

While I am a fan of constructive debate I have never been a fan of comparison.

Hideaway is the place near Doi Saket tight? Where is that located? I am now running out of Western breakfast/brunch places. ;) The ones I visit include:

* Mad Dog (Though not with the wife & kids)

* Irish Pub

* Boat Restaurant on Huay Kaew

* Bake & Bite

* Miguel's at 89 Plaza

* Kafe on Moon Muang Rd

* Cafe Siam on Loi Kroh/Kamphaeng Din

* ... probably a couple more that I can't think of right now.

If it's a place that has both good Western food AND good and reasonably priced Thai food then that would be a huge plus. Being clean and air conditioned and with a comfortable seating area would also be a plus. (but not a hard requirement.)

There should be many more places around the old town area and towards the Night Bazar I think, but would like a recommendation. Some hotel restaurants perhaps, the remaining JJ Bakery.. others?

"The Pub" on Huay Kaew does a good breakfast and is open early. They also have Both Farang and Thai food with space outside for kids to run around too.

Unfortunately, Bake and Bite (Nimanhemin) has lots of kids too, usually inside and with American parents who don't understand that Victorian concept "children should be seen and not heard" :whistling: ...... Bye Bye.

It might not be a secret but when I replied to you about Butter Is Better I certainly had no idea that I was replying to someone who had a financial interest in the place. In your profile it says that you are an "Advanced Member", not that you are a sponsor, so unless someone spends a real lot of time on this forum they are not likely to know who you are. I guess that's one advantage of TV from a sponsor's point of view though - you're allowed to do that.

However that makes your comment about "They have come here and are trying to make a contribution to the community" in reference to Butter Is Better all the more bizarre. Your are investing in a restaurant as a service to the community? Give me a break..

I have NO financial interest in Butter is Better..I have been involved as a consultant for 4 months..I am not a sponsor..I invested nothing..I have had this name on Thaivisa for many years..next?