Thai Keyboard

sunreader

Just returned from LoS with much nam plick and a keyboard with Thai lettering, my wife thought she could just plug it into my laptop (XP) and would be able to type away.

Wrong!

It was bought new but no software...any ideas how we can utilise it correctly?...do I have to download any Microsoft software to utilise Thai script?

Just returned from LoS with much nam plick and a keyboard with Thai lettering, my wife thought she could just plug it into my laptop (XP) and would be able to type away.

Wrong!

It was bought new but no software...any ideas how we can utilise it correctly?...do I have to download any Microsoft software to utilise Thai script?

Have you installed support for east asian langauges and selected thai as the input language ?

control panel -> regional and language options -> lanuages -> input languages

also, if you have multiple input languages available,you should have a language bar control on you main windows menu bar that you can use to quickly switch between input languages.

Edited by muldoon

I think that the difference between Thai keyboards and other keyboards is the paint on top of the keys showing the characters....everything inside is the same. You could take any non-Thai keyboard and draw the Thai characters on the keys in the appropriate places and then you would have a Thai keyboard.