What's The City

Neeranam

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Opps I didn't see the first photo - how about Tenerife or somewhwere in Spain?

No it is none of the both not Reykjavik and not Tenerife or in Spain either. It is a capitol city though , but not close to the places that you pointed out..

Apia

you are in the right area...but it's not apia. Apia doesn't have a lagoon(or reef) right at port entrance if i remember correctly . On the 2nd picture from birds view you can see a reef .

Suva ? perhaps though it doesn't look familiar.

A friend of mine married in Fiji/suva and it took him a 4,5 hours flight to get there from the city we are looking for. the official language is not english there, as further hint.

Port Moresby?

No reef on Port Moresby and i guess they speak english there.

The place we are looking for is also well known for a famous Painter who lived there for a long time and was buried nearby too.

A friend of mine married in Fiji/suva and it took him a 4,5 hours flight to get there from the city we are looking for. the official language is not english there, as further hint.

Papaeete

Papaeete

Yes, it is Papeete, tahiti /French Polynesia now it is your turn

rcm :o

post-6321-1155115980_thumb.jpg

Another island. French is also one of the official languages.

Not sure where this could be , atlantic ocean perhaps? Maybe on the north american/canada side? is it Saint-Pierre & Miquelon?

Saint Martin ?

well i am not sure about that ...surely not philipsburg...maybe Marigot (the french side of the island ) , was a while since i have been there ...

Not st. Martin this is too flat for that. It doesn't really look like a Caribbean Island at all.

rcm was warm with his first post.

Should be Miquelon then seeing the shape of that bay?

as second thought ....newfoundland is probably the answer...its and island and french spoken too...

It isn't st. Johns but maybe Croner Brook or Channel Port Aux Pas?

Edited by rcm

post-6321-1155115980_thumb.jpg

Another island. French is also one of the official languages.

Not sure where this could be , atlantic ocean perhaps? Maybe on the north american/canada side? is it Saint-Pierre & Miquelon?

so it´s somewhere in one of the following territories

France, including French Overseas Departments, Communities and Territories; Canada especially in Quebec, New Brunswick and parts of Ontario; Belgium; Switzerland; Lebanon; Luxembourg; Monaco; Morocco; Algeria; Tunisia; many Western and Central African nations such as Ivory Coast, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Niger and Senegal; Haiti; Mauritius; some Asian countries such as Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam; Mexico; and the U.S. state of Louisiana.

of course your spuds reference puts me in ireland, but that doesn´t seem likely... unless....

nope... my guess waws wrong... More clues please!!!!

Edited by kayo