Best Bars In Chalong / Rawaii / Nai Harn And Kata For The Sake Of It

snamos

So what are the best bars in these areas, and what consitutes a good bar?....Last time I went out to Laguna about 4 and a half weeks ago I was one of the only punters in there, pretty boring for 11pm at night.

I do most of my drinking in the afternoon but I do get the occasional night where I go out with mates....just wondering what bars are still rockin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention Friendship Bar (or something similar) on Rawai Beach - generally good for entertainment....

Freedom bar,,, not good anymore,,at all

Be fair - it is entertaining.... for all the wrong reasons :lol:.

Some of us enjoy that - sad but true.....

*awaits patiently for grumpyoldman's 2 cents*

I'm waiting to hear from katasyd about where all the educated Thai women are at that he speaks of.

Yes freedom bar is now dead except in the afternoons when I drive by and see all the bluehairs getting in on the early and cheap beers. Night time freedom is very quiet.

Never rated Freedom and unfortunately with Rawai/Nai Harn you have to be in the right bar at the right time - so very quiet. I use 3 Monkey's, not everyones cup of tea but just as well we're all different

Roxannes has its good moments, but I stay away from the rip off bars - won't mention

My Likes

3 Monkeys

Roxannes

TJ's - late on

Paradise Beach - with the Mrs

Candy

Adams Kebab - for lively Isaan time

laugh.gif

Never rated Freedom and unfortunately with Rawai/Nai Harn you have to be in the right bar at the right time - so very quiet. I use 3 Monkey's, not everyones cup of tea but just as well we're all different

Roxannes has its good moments, but I stay away from the rip off bars - won't mention

My Likes

3 Monkeys

Roxannes

TJ's - late on

Paradise Beach - with the Mrs

Candy

Adams Kebab - for lively Isaan time

laugh.gif

Yeah 3 monkeys is pretty good...they have their moments though, its either pumping or dead

Sunshine in rawai, always good for entertainment.

+1 :thumbsup:

Location please ??

Rawai Beach Road - always seems popular - run by a LB for tourists I think - too noisey for me

jap.gif

I was talking to the San miguel rep about 18months ago and I was asking about all the bars that order the most amount of san miguel beer. Sunshine was up there....I did go down there a couple of times and it was heaving....bit of a lady boy presence though

*awaits patiently for grumpyoldman's 2 cents*

Mom & Pop Minimart next to the vegetable stand on the way to Nai Harn Beach.

I can get a big Archer for 25thb, sit for hours and be envious of all the guys with the educated women.

Sarcasm is the lowest for of wit

Thought this was thread was about bars in Rawai, Nai Harn Chalong & Kata ????

Thats why I started it....i guess karen bravo and gom see it as a place to vent their steam about a previous post. I guess Karen being a woman doesnt like to hang around bars and maybe gom has been burnt too many times by the stuff on sale in the bars.

Anyways I havent been to cheers recently but everytime i drive past its quiet.....anyone know any places in Kata that are ok?

>>anyone know any places in Kata that are ok?

Yeah I'd like to hear about these also if such a place exists. It seems Kata is mostly for the transient tourist population. Speaking of Kata, how's Rick doing these days at ricknroll? Is there still live music and Mexican nights?

Yeah I'd like to hear about these also if such a place exists. It seems Kata is mostly for the transient tourist population. Speaking of Kata, how's Rick doing these days at ricknroll? Is there still live music and Mexican nights?

I went to the new area in Kata about 3 months ago & it was 90 baht for small Leo !!!!! bailed out and came back to 3 monkeys - 50 baht. I know it isn't always about the money, but Kata was taking the Michael a bit - didn't dare ask the price of any other activities !!!! ie Jenga or Connect4 biggrin.gif

No snamos. I was replying to your one-liner. Don't play innocent.

The topic is about bars, not roadside stalls and educated thai women.

Have you got anything to contribute or not?

laugh.gif

I find it amusing that the chooks on here are getting ruffled.

Ignore the old bar trolls.

Truth hit home with a few of the Rawai budget brigade who settle for a mute slave wife.

How nice it must be to live in the stone age.

I have to think Rick is out of the country. Been by there a number of times recently, all closed up.

Was at a pretty good gig at The O.K. bar a couple weekends ago, it was a party though so not certain it's that happening all the time.

The owner seems semi-educated :thumbsup:

I have to think Rick is out of the country. Been by there a number of times recently, all closed up.

Was at a pretty good gig at The O.K. bar a couple weekends ago, it was a party though so not certain it's that happening all the time.

The owner seems semi-educated :thumbsup:

The OK bar in Rawai ?? or is there one in Kata ?

No snamos. I was replying to your one-liner. Don't play innocent.

The topic is about bars, not roadside stalls and educated thai women.

Have you got anything to contribute or not?

I guess that told me, huh? (snigger).

Ill say the same thing i said to GOM, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. And as you have nothing to contribute why dont you and GOM start up a forum about dating Phuket bar girls.

You could start it off like this:

Has anyone dated bar girls in Phuket? which bar did you meet them? would you show your mum which bar you met the girl of your dreams? would you date a hooker in your own country? Where do you find decent hardworking educated women in Phuket?

I went to Rick and Rolls on the night that they had the thaivisa get together, good fun night! and he definately knows how to cook ribs! Im waiting with anticipiation to see what happens to the old kata night bazaar. But after that joint shut down i never really went back to Kata. When the night bazaar was still going there was a good bar there called siam bar which was opened till all hours....but alas i heard the lady who ran it sold it.

Roxanne bar in Rawaii never fully recovered after the fire.

Nancy's is pretty self explanitory as to why its not so popular wink.gif

Moby dicks sort of died

Maybe there is an opening for a smart lad