Best Bars In Chalong / Rawaii / Nai Harn And Kata For The Sake Of It

snamos

The OK bar in Rawai ?? or is there one in Kata ?

ah yeah, sorry, a little confusing as I went from a place in Kata, to the O.K. Bar, which yes, is Rawai.

Snamos, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff, I think that's an Albert Einstein quotation.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah yeah, sorry, a little confusing as I went from a place in Kata, to the O.K. Bar, which yes, is Rawai.

Snamos, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff, I think that's an Albert Einstein quotation.

One thing that I cannot get away with - Thai ladies that are (sort of) blonde blink.gif

Tamarin bar next to 3 monkeys has its day's/nights, later @ night Free Bird bar with live music can be fun as well as the blue bar in the corner going towards Freedom bar (forgot the name)

Deep Bar is the blue bar jap.gif

Freebird bar full of Thais now & up for sale @ 3.2 mill Baht

and this always kills me, can't own the land so what are you getting for the 3.2? Some funky construction, low ceilings? Same thing happened to the place prior, Latino's, the guy couldn't make it go, and then they try and sell..........................the building...........

Maybe you get a long 3 year lease for that 3.2 :). Then in 3 years, landlord decides that he needs a lot of key money to extend contract :). Good luck getting a good ROI out of that 3.2 million in 3 years.

So in 3 years we can revisit this thread and see if the new owners are making a go of it and it is one of the best bars in Chalong/Rawai/Nai Harn and Kata area.

Mom & Pop Minimart next to the vegetable stand on the way to Nai Harn Beach.

I can get a big Archer for 25thb, sit for hours and be envious of all the guys with the educated women.

Used to be known as Suicide corner because of all the wingers that drank there.

Yes "Deep Bar"that is the name. I know Freebird is for sale and that it is full of Thai at night but it still is fun, well I think it is.

Too many French and Ladyboys in the Deep Bar for me(Maybe that's why the French like it).Used too like it when it was the Bamboo bar

Roxanne Bar is my bar of choice.Gets quite busy early evenings.A good friendly group of girls and it's always lively when Nida(Owner) is on form and starts ringing the bell, which happens often.

Sunshine Bar mainly full of diving groups that's probably why it seems busy.

The Asia bar on the big road road to Rawai from Chalong has some nice single girls and 50 bht beers until 7pm....

lots of shermans in attendance...

couple of other bars in walking distance worth checking out as well...

have fun

Asia have Shermans cos farang owner be one jap.gif

Their sign was best ever

1000 baht all in

Includes Bar Fine

Room

& Lady

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The original Freebird bar is not 'full of Thais', it's the regular haunt of many ex-pats of various nationalities. Always a good night there.

The New Freebird is next door, has live music most nights (Thai band) and has a mix of Thai and farang punters. This is the one that's up for sale.

The original Freebird bar is not 'full of Thais', it's the regular haunt of many ex-pats of various nationalities. Always a good night there.

The New Freebird is next door, has live music most nights (Thai band) and has a mix of Thai and farang punters. This is the one that's up for sale.

I live in that area, but never knew there are 2 bars with the same name next door to eachother?

It was a regular from the bar that told me & I also saw it advertised, but from memory I cannot remember the particular details of which bar -It just said Freebird bar.

I apologise if I gave wrong info, but Rawai rumours I suppose jap.gif

The Asia bar on the big road road to Rawai from Chalong has some nice single girls and 50 bht beers until 7pm....

You guys have lost me, American English translation of a "Sherman" please.

Lost me when started talking bar fines and free room including classy or simple Vagina. Just looking for somewhere to drink, have fun and listen to music :rolleyes:

Lost me when started talking bar fines and free room including classy or simple Vagina. Just looking for somewhere to drink, have fun and listen to music :rolleyes:

I'm thinking maybe "Sherman the German"? A nationality crack?

P.S. and reason for edit, how about the bars on the Chalong Pier Road? I often times get a sunset cocktail at Tamarind Bar (I like that spot), and then on the way to Chalong circle see pretty happening places on both sides of the road, but have yet to stop. Anybody hit those?

Sherman Tank ---> Yank

Sherman Tank ---> Yank

Since the one poster notes the "farang owner be one", that gave away the German reference, as, well, he's German.

Sherman Tank ---> Yank

Since the one poster notes the "farang owner be one", that gave away the German reference, as, well, he's German.

Really. Sherman is an American Tank, can't see the connection to a German. Urban dict says it's rhyming slang. Although Tank rhymes with other words that I'll leave to your imagination.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sherman

Sherman Tank ---> Yank

I always understood that the correct rhyming slang for a Yank was 'A Septic'.

Sherman Tank ---> Yank

I always understood that the correct rhyming slang for a Yank was 'A Septic'.

Septic Tank - Yank

Sherman the German

laugh.gif

LIK I think you date yourself there though, as that is a WW2 expression.

My Aussie pal calls me Cranky Yank.

Not really, just that I've watched a lot of American movies about WW2. Sceptic would be my generation, but saying/implying that someone is full of shit would attract a bunch of fives ... ;)