Happy: How To Avoid Losing Phone Number?

pepi2005

Hello,

I am a quite happy "Happy" customer. I have my phone number several months now and have published it on several webpages for my customers. Many people have my number stored in their own mobile...

Due to this "speciality" in Thailand, I have to be afraid that I will lose my number now when I'll leave Thailand for 2-3 months. When inquiring about my credit, I'm told that my current credit of 64 Baht expires already in November. What can I do to prevent losing my number, this would be VERY VERY annoying of course..

Thanks

pepi

Hello,

I am a quite happy "Happy" customer. I have my phone number several months now and have published it on several webpages for my customers. Many people have my number stored in their own mobile...

Due to this "speciality" in Thailand, I have to be afraid that I will lose my number now when I'll leave Thailand for 2-3 months. When inquiring about my credit, I'm told that my current credit of 64 Baht expires already in November. What can I do to prevent losing my number, this would be VERY VERY annoying of course..

Thanks

pepi

I use DTAC so I'm not positive but if you put in a few hundred Baht right before you leave it would probably not expire in 2-3 months. Check with their customer service if it's critical.

I leave mine with the GF and she makes sure it stays active while I'm gone. That's another option if you have someone you trust here to leave it with.

Oops, just checked out their website. 400 baht will also get you 100 days, just no 100 baht bonus :o

But it seems this is just for ATM machines and mobile payment (which I use)

For the refill cards it's :

Refill price Call Value Happy 1800 Baby SIM

50 baht 50 baht 3 days 5 days

90 baht 90 baht 6 days 9 days

200 baht 200 baht 20 days 30 days

300 baht 310 baht 30 days 90 days*

400 baht 400 baht 50 days 60 days

500 baht 520 baht 50 days 75 days

*Refill card 300 baht get 90 days to 31 Dec. 05.

If you want to realllly stretch it out, call the DTAC call center and ask to change to the Baby Sim program, which gives you more days. Calling rates are more expensive though.

Try checking out their website at www.happy.co.th for more info

Not sure about DTAC/Happy pre-paid services but with 1-2-Call you can top-up remotely. Given the competitve/copy-cat nature of pre-paid mobile services in Thailand I would think DTAC offers a similar capability?

Of course you would have to purchase some top-up cards before you leave, and get the specific number to call.

For 1-2-Call the procedure is...

Balance Refill by Scratch card Press * 120 * Pin 13 digits # Send Free

Balance Refill via IVR Press * 124 * Password 4 digits * refill amount # Send Free

not exactly sure what the 4-digit password is?