Skoda Yeti 1.2 Turbo

triffid

Thanks for that information.

I presume the cost of every spare part, whenever it needs replacing, of the skoda will be double or triple that for the locally made japanese brands.

And the 1,8T 7speed DSG is the Skoda Superb's?

How would you compare them on running costs and maintenance (taking into account spare part costs of course) - putting to one side depreciation and garage availability and service?

PS Is the Octavia also imported here by the official agent?

VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda 1,8T cars need service/oil/filter every 30k km, while the TH Japs are scheduled for 10k km services.

All need new brake pads within 60k km, both my 2007 Camry and 2008 Accord needed 4 new brake rotors within 40k km

Except for that parts should not need replacing 3 years/100k km

1,8T 7speed DSG far less (20-40%) fuel when driving fast, less (10-20%) fuel when driving normal speeds, 95 Gasohol E10 preferred for all of them

I presume the cost of every spare part, whenever it needs replacing, of the skoda will be double or triple that for the locally made japanese brands.

How would you compare them on running costs and maintenance (taking into account spare part costs of course) - putting to one side depreciation and garage availability and service?

VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda 1,8T cars need service/oil/filter every 30k km, while the TH Japs are scheduled for 10k km services.

All need new brake pads within 60k km, both my 2007 Camry and 2008 Accord needed 4 new brake rotors within 40k km

1,8T 7speed DSG far less (20-40%) fuel when driving fast, less (10-20%) fuel when driving normal speeds, 95 Gasohol E10 preferred for all of them

would expect parts to cost 2to5 times the TH made japs parts due to being imported and "high end", and yes 1,8T 158hp and 7 speed DSG is the only spec sold Superb in TH.

On the other hand parts are designed/made for highspeed driving, and my experience from back home (VW/Audi) is more durable parts. Unthinkable to need new rotors and pads at 40k km even at very hard Autobahn or mountain driving, but both my Camry and Accord here needed it

Handling, power (chips to 211 hp), autobox and quality would be the reasons for going Superb. Assume lower fuel consumption would cover increased parts prices initial 5 year/200k km.

Trying to maintain 160kmh cruisingspeed, Camry and Accord 2,4 are really thirsty at 7-8 km/liter

would expect parts to cost 2to5 times the TH made japs parts due to being imported and "high end", and yes 1,8T 158hp and 7 speed DSG is the only spec sold Superb in TH.

On the other hand parts are designed/made for highspeed driving, and my experience from back home (VW/Audi) is more durable parts. Unthinkable to need new rotors and pads at 40k km even at very hard Autobahn or mountain driving, but both my Camry and Accord here needed it

Handling, power (chips to 211 hp), autobox and quality would be the reasons for going Superb. Assume lower fuel consumption would cover increased parts prices initial 5 year/200k km.

Trying to maintain 160kmh cruisingspeed, Camry and Accord 2,4 are really thirsty at 7-8 km/liter

Very helpful info, especially with those specific and detailed comparisons to aspects of the local alternatives. Thanks.