Gmail Extremely Slow, Don Keo Area/Ouse

THAIPHUKET

I am with TOT 6 Meg/b in Hang Dong and cannot connect to most web site. Too slow

Speed test show under 1Meg for my connection instead of the usual 5.5 Meg/b

It has been like that since Friday.

~

TOT only perhaps?

I am in Wang Tan village between the airport and Hang Dong and my TOT 6MB has been constantly intermittent

or so slow that almost everything I try to access times out for over three days now. Frustrating!

Dustoff

~

TOT only perhaps?

I am in Wang Tan village between the airport and Hang Dong and my TOT 6MB has been constantly intermittent

or so slow that almost everything I try to access times out for over three days now. Frustrating!

Dustoff

Im in Hang Dong as well its been horible all weekend . Wish they would fix it but thats probably asking toooo much

We've had people in the North complaining about connection issues to Thaivisa via 3BB, some got relief by turning their modems off and back on (resetting the IP address). That may or may not help.

If it doesn't try accessing gmail through their wap mail, its the one for mobile phone internet browsers so is not graphics heavy and loads quickly

m.gmail.com

here are other people with TOT issues:

I couldn't get in gmail at all first and later windows live gave errors for several houres, this morning everything was normal, but now gmail gives errors again. Yes, we also have TOT.

This I try to comprehend=

why gmail plus at times other intern sites

but then again you read yahoo down, gmail ok?

How can it be so selective, why not everyone samesame?

Well, just MHO but my connection is fluctuating so wildly that I don't believe that the problem is with any one particular site or email service. You try one and it doesn't work, go to another and it is fine, then go back to the first and it is now working fine. It all depends on at what moment you are trying to access it..

I agree with naboo that webmail is soooo 1990's and I haven't used it for over a dozen years. Also avoiding 'targeted' programs like IE, Outlook and all of that junk, I use a small, efficient in-computer email client that checks all of my email services via POP every ten minutes. None of my personal information is sitting out there for public view for any length of time and I have access to it right here, in-house, even off-line, any time I want it. Pegasus Mail, Thunderbird, take your choice - there are many available.

Email therefore, is the least of my worries since my client keeps trying for me until it works - it is just trying to get immediate access to websites that is crazy-making over these past few days, especially since I do a bit of website management, my own included, and I am probably lacking in the patience I should have learned here in Thailand by now..

Ken, gathering dust

~

I think the problem comes from HTTPS connection. Try any website with an HTTPS connection, you should have problem displaying it.

Many Google services use https connections, such as Gmail, Google reader, webmaster tools … As far as I know, Yahoo mail also uses a secure connection. All those websites are very slow, or not working at all.

Another one, Facebook, can be configured with or without HTTPS (in the security settings of your account). With a secure connection, impossible to use; without a secure connection, normal speed !

Now, dear TOT, it would be nice to solve this problem, as I really need secure connections to work ! ^^;

Everyone, all over Chiangmai (Nong Hoi, Saraphi, Hangdong, etc.) need to call the TOT toll free number and let them know the problem. Seems they didn't do much over long Holiday. If everyone notifies them, maybe they will find out where the problem is and fix. If you don't, my experience is they go days without doing anything.

george is reporting traffic issues that will affect all of Thailand and these complaints about speed have been coming from TOT and 3BB users across the board, there are threads in Pattaya and in the internet forum

Many Thai ISP's are currently redirecting traffic between Thailand and Singapore via Japan. Traffic to Thaivisa.com could be slow from some ISP's/ locations.

It may be a CAT Telecom issue on the international gateway.

We have emailed the CAT datacenter in Bangkok, but no answer so far (still holiday today Monday).

i collect my gmail via outlook and have no problems or slowdown. But i tried it via the web, and indeed, slower...

Sansai Noi, on 3BB...otherwise, no internet slowdown that i can tell today, but torrents have been up and down