Used Harley Market In Thailand

blunotes

Is there any one know if there is a market for used Harley Davidson bikes and parts that is worse while for a business venture? I'm thinking about IE business from the US to Thailand in the near future.

There are a lot of Harley's here and a Harley Dealership in Bangkok and Pattaya. Look on this website and bahtsold dot com and you will see several folks who import and sell them. Bring as much as you can when you come, because the import tax is outrageous when you have parts sent here, shipping costs too.

Your research will need to include actually going through the process with bikes and parts being brought here and going to the Customs office and paying and paying and paying, and then registering the bikes.

Simply reading the rules and regulations and tax rates will not give you an accurate indication of what you will really face once you actually try it.

The vast majority of the people on this board will tell you NOT TO DO IT, AND WITH GOOD REASON.

The dealer (expat) where I bought my used HD (NOT a official HD dealer) buy his bikes from Thais that specialize in imports (with invoices from mostly Japan & US) and then he (my dealer) ship the bike(s) to BKK for registration, emulsion tests and so, a lengthy process. But you get your green book in the end with page 18 stamped too. I don't think my expat dealer have anything to do with the registration process in BKK, but leave that to to locals and pay a fixed price pr bike depending of model- value & year, as another poster also mention not something that is easy for somebody without connections & non local to do, a foreigner = $$$.

He is doing quite well now after the prizes on used HD's have dropped quite a lot due to lots of used HD's coming into the Kingdom, so there is a good flow of bikes in the shop. More and more Thais are buying HD's now, which make it cheaper for us expats too, so everybody wins B)

You can basically order any model & year you want in the shop, and he/they will source one, can take anything between 1 week to several months to find your dream bike.

you can get Harley's for as little as 240k on mocyc dot com

just click on classifieds and scroll down to see the bikes of all kinds cheap, but most of them are invoice and tax docs. only, not registered, and most can get you in touch with someone that can get the green book for you. A 1200 Harley is around 40k for a hammer and change the numbers job / NOT RECOMMENDED as some of these bikes get confiscated by police) and 80k and a few months wait for a proper book with proper stamps. I'm sure there will be posters on here that will say they can get it cheaper and faster. Less CC's = less money for the registration green book.

you can get Harley's for as little as 240k on mocyc dot com

just click on classifieds and scroll down to see the bikes of all kinds cheap, but most of them are invoice and tax docs. only, not registered, and most can get you in touch with someone that can get the green book for you. A 1200 Harley is around 40k for a hammer and change the numbers job / NOT RECOMMENDED as some of these bikes get confiscated by police) and 80k and a few months wait for a proper book with proper stamps. I'm sure there will be posters on here that will say they can get it cheaper and faster. Less CC's = less money for the registration green book.

Out of curiosity: Do you know how these green books are obtained? Is there a legal path to get these? Or is it some underhand payment to somebody somewhere?

Anyway my approach to any such bike would be: "Do it for me, and I'll give you 80k baht more for the plated bike."

Edited by nikster