Australian Music

cdnvic

John Williamson is indeed quality. BTW, I saw Judith Durham in London a couple of years ago. She still sings with a couple of the guys from the Seekers, but they don't come to the UK anymore. Sad. I still have their greatest hits CD in my car.

And anyway - Kevin Bloody Wilson is an outstanding exponent of culture in any country. I've seen him several times in the UK and p!ssed myself laughing.

Disrespect him, and you disrespect me. Capisce?

Colin Hay from Men at Work is a really, really good songwriter and singer. His solo work is....well brilliant...accoustic guitar and voice. And if Men at Work's song Overkill isn't a classic I don't know what is.

You Am I are a fantastic aussie band. Tim Rogers has written so many good songs and the band can rock out as good as any.

I love Dave Graney and his various incarnations. So witty and smoooooth - almost cabaret sometimes but check out Night of Wolverine or 'Rock n Roll is Where I Hide' for some great lyrics. ( and that's just the start - 'Have you heard about the Melbourne Mafia', 'Stars Baby The Stars', 'Jesus What Did I Do'...the list of fine songs is long, long long.)

And then there's heaps of good pub bands over the years - Tatts, The Johnnys, Stems, TISM.....jeez I'd love to see a good band in LOS!!!