Dilema

doppa

well sought of, booking agent made a mistake with my return flight back from the uk, it cost 4000b to change on the day to change, luckily there were seats available, the agent admits the error, but it looks as if the agents assistant who made the error is going to have her salary docked, my good old hearts tugging at my conscience, what would you do, surely its the boss's responsibility at the end of the day, bit who am i to say how thais should run their business.

Education does not always come cheap.

Doppa, what exactly is your dilemma?

well i think ultimately the owner should be responsible for the mistake, however i cannot interfere with the way thais do business, but i do feel sympathy for the girl who will have to pay for the mistake and probably 80% of her monthly salary, causing that soft part within my soul to say ' not to worry, take more care next time'.

Hi doppa,

I think I understand how you feel about this staff member - and I think your concern is well placed.

If I have the story right, the firm made a flight reservation/booking for you.

I presume you did not check your reservation right there and then.

I also presume this is why the girl is going to have her wages "docked".

If my presumptions are correct then I think your dilemma is real and your conscience will speak to you and provide the answer.

Wish you all of the best.

Cheers.

Hi doppa,

I think I understand how you feel about this staff member - and I think your concern is well placed.

If I have the story right, the firm made a flight reservation/booking for you.

I presume you did not check your reservation right there and then.

I also presume this is why the girl is going to have her wages "docked".

If my presumptions are correct then I think your dilemma is real and your conscience will speak to you and provide the answer.

Wish you all of the best.

Cheers.

Excellent post. :thumbsup:

In situations like these, I have to consider relative values: how much does 4000THB mean to me and how much does it mean to a worker.

If you should come down on the more merciful side of the dilemma, just be sure the money goes into the proper hand.

In situations like these, I have to consider relative values: how much does 4000THB mean to me and how much does it mean to a worker.

If you should come down on the more merciful side of the dilemma, just be sure the money goes into the proper hand.

Exlent reply from both SwazBird andanselpixel.

In the terms of US money you are looking at about $135 A day's wages for many expats. When they were working. For the agent possibly a half month wages.

And let us remember that we are all human and make mistakes even after we have learned the lesson.

Truly a dilemma. Based on the information you have given here I would pay it and continue to use the same agent.

They will pay more attention to you.

There might be other considerations to look into. Such as is this a regular thing with this person. If it was they would probably not last long there.

Exlent reply from both SwazBird andanselpixel.

In the terms of US money you are looking at about $135 A day's wages for many expats. When they were working. For the agent possibly a half month wages.

And let us remember that we are all human and make mistakes even after we have learned the lesson.

Truly a dilemma. Based on the information you have given here I would pay it and continue to use the same agent.

They will pay more attention to you.

There might be other considerations to look into. Such as is this a regular thing with this person. If it was they would probably not last long there.

I agree pay yourself and forget about it. Travel agent seems legit so all ok

Has the OP been able to check out other people's experience with the same travel agent? The story could be genuine, or it could be a scam.

A friend was victim to a similar situation and the worker asked her to overlook the error and she'd repay the error a little bit at a time. The employee diligently made deposits of 100 baht/week to my friend's bank account, only to stop once the statue of limitations for filing a police report had passed. The travel agent is still in business several years later with the same employee. Meanwhile, my friend abandoned that bank account because she was concerned that someone dishonest had her bank account number. But, she didn't close it because she thought she might actually receive additional repayment. Of course, she stopped using the ATM card but never told the bank. Then she was hit with the 200 baht/yr charge from the bank for having an ATM card. I'm still trying to convince her that the bank didn't steal that 200 baht from her.

Hard lines to her, lesson learnt and she'll be more careful next time, harsh but a life lesson learnt

You`re a hard man, thaimiller.

If it were me, I would not make a claim for the 4000 baht if it involved this sum being deducted from the little girl`s wages.

She probably only earns about 5000 baht per month, if she`s lucky, most likely has to work her guts out for that and has already received a bollocking from her boss and lost face.

But as 1 poster has already mentioned, it`s up to your own conscience how you deal with the situation.

post-110219-0-68033300-1312735938_thumb.

Hard lines to her, lesson learnt and she'll be more careful next time, harsh but a life lesson learnt

You`re a hard man, thaimiller.

If it were me, I would not make a claim for the 4000 baht if it involved this sum being deducted from the little girl`s wages.

She probably only earns about 5000 baht per month, if she`s lucky, most likely has to work her guts out for that and has already received a bollocking from her boss and lost face.

But as 1 poster has already mentioned, it`s up to your own conscience how you deal with the situation.

A mistake is a mistake BUT the business should swallow the cost, it's the bosses conscience not the OP's. :o

well i think ultimately the owner should be responsible for the mistake, however i cannot interfere with the way thais do business, but i do feel sympathy for the girl who will have to pay for the mistake and probably 80% of her monthly salary, causing that soft part within my soul to say ' not to worry, take more care next time'.

Trust me - if you paid over the odds, there would be no sympathy for you.

Have a cup of tea and get over it, they'll find someone to recoup it from.