What Makes For A Happy Farang?

johnbits

Which makes most farang men in Thailand happier?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think OP is comparing apples and oranges.

Sleeping around is one kind of fun and satisfies one kind of appetite- and while one or two may stick around at least as friends, you don't expect that kind of thing from the approach. Having a long term relationship is fulfilling in different ways, and hopefully also has something to do with sex here and there.

I don't think we humans are wired to do too well with complete, absolute, monogamy- I also don't think one partner really is enough people to have the right to that total claim on us. But I also think we can't manage without people who are very close to us, in a long-term kind of way, to know us deeply, including sexually. I think balancing these not-necessarily-conflicting needs is the key, though many of our social and religious and systems set us up to fail before we even get started.

I'm screwed either way

I'm too fed up with STD's to ever have casual again

while my gf don't want sex at all.

To top it off i'm too dishearted to bother again, and i also gained weight so my ex wouldn't want me back either

I think OP is comparing apples and oranges.

Sleeping around is one kind of fun and satisfies one kind of appetite- and while one or two may stick around at least as friends, you don't expect that kind of thing from the approach. Having a long term relationship is fulfilling in different ways, and hopefully also has something to do with sex here and there.

I don't think we humans are wired to do too well with complete, absolute, monogamy- I also don't think one partner really is enough people to have the right to that total claim on us. But I also think we can't manage without people who are very close to us, in a long-term kind of way, to know us deeply, including sexually. I think balancing these not-necessarily-conflicting needs is the key, though many of our social and religious and systems set us up to fail before we even get started.

Ijustwannateach, you are correct, it is an apples Vs oranges choice. So I was asking if you have to make a choice, which makes for a happier life?

I also think if you try and have both at the same time, oods are you end up being miserable.

You can screw around during the early part of your life and go long term in later years, or go long term early and screw around in your old age. But if you try and do both. meaning be married and sneak around, you are likely be the least happy. Or you can alternate between long term and random screwing around.

Absolute, monogamy is one partner for life, no one is suggesting that, and it is rare in any society or the animal kingdom.

I'm screwed either way

To top it off i'm too dishearted to bother again, and i also gained weight so my ex wouldn't want me back either

At least you've still got your ....

.. sense of humour, maybe?

....comic book collection?

SC

EDIT: To be fair, I think most people take STD for granted nowadays. When was the last time you had to rely on an operator to place your call?

Edited by StreetCowboy

I'm screwed either way

Some Wats are quite accepting of Farang brethren, as long as you learn the ropes and whatnot.

I'm screwed either way

Some Wats are quite accepting of Farang brethren, as long as you learn the ropes and whatnot.

They (the monks) are often interested to hear about Christianity.

I'm screwed either way

Not the monks I know.

I'm screwed either way

Not the monks I know.

You don't know enough of them then, most of the ones I have met are quite open minded, willing to share their experiences, and willing to learn from others, try it some time.

I really don't know which makes for a 'better' life. It seems there are pluses and minuses to both. Perhaps when someone gets tired of one they should try for the other.

I've had friends who've become, well, 'settled' both in long-term relationships and in dating around without being serious. I guess from thinking about them, the LTR people are sometimes wistful about taking an opportunity with someone else, and maybe they do a lot of 'what-if' thinking- but several guys I know who are always sleeping around have complained bitterly that they really want an LTR. Perhaps the LTR people are happier.

As for myself, not sure yet, and not settled either way.

I really don't know which makes for a 'better' life. It seems there are pluses and minuses to both. Perhaps when someone gets tired of one they should try for the other.

I've had friends who've become, well, 'settled' both in long-term relationships and in dating around without being serious. I guess from thinking about them, the LTR people are sometimes wistful about taking an opportunity with someone else, and maybe they do a lot of 'what-if' thinking- but several guys I know who are always sleeping around have complained bitterly that they really want an LTR. Perhaps the LTR people are happier.

As for myself, not sure yet, and not settled either way.

For most people, the grass looks greener on the other side.

I feel like for some that sleep around a lot, it becomes very difficult to go to a LTR. IMO P4P becomes like criminal behavoir. A lot of criminals commit crimes because of the thrill they get conning other people, avoding getting caught, etc. It isn't really about the money, it is about the thrills. BTW, I use P4P as a proxy for all casual dating relationships. Not correct but in Thailand close enough for Gov work.

So a lot of men and women will move from s/t fck / relationship to the next just because there is always a thrill at first. Maybe the thrill only lasts a few hours, maybe it lasts a week, maybe a few months, but like a honeymoon sooner or later live settles into a routinee. Some people need the constant thrill of a new man or new women, it's like life is always a honeymoon.

Many get into a LTR and they just go brain dead, they aren't happy, they just aren't miserable enough to get out of it. It isn't easy to really find a LTR where one is happy most of the time, and many settle for not being too miserable.

I also see that most people think that whatever makes them happy, that is the best, and others that are different must not really be satisified. I don't think I could be happy with an open marraige, but some people seem to thrive in one.

On average I think a LTR is more often the most satisfing, but indivdual tastes differ, and IMO nothing wrong if someone wants to have 10 different women he rotates in and out of his bed. But I do perfer being honest about how one wants to live their life and not try and trick others into believing they want something different. And I think cheating, which is IMO lying and sneaking around, is a poor choice, though like many men that have had a few relationships, I have done that also.

I like Lt R's because I don't like condoms and I don't like sleeping alone. I think it is akin to a live Teddy Bear. I bought two Teddy Bears and tried sleeping with them but it was not the same. Teddy Bears just look too much like a guy and they don't talk. Teddy Bears are cheap though after the initial expenditure.

But I have this problem with Thai hookers. They all want to get married. I don't go to a hooker looking for marriage. I want hot kinky sex and a smile and a come back and see me. Recently, however in the space of 24 hours three women of the night (although it was in the daytime because I watch Law and Order at night on TV) asked me to get married. One massage lady, and two primarily short time bars specializing in particular (what was it Andrew said, rude bottom things).

Now you wouldn't think that an ultra kink place would turn into a marriage agency. But there I was like a patient awaiting a prostate exam and out come the cell phones with pictures of the kids. I warned them they were going to get KY all over their phones. And a day later two ladies at a restaurant that serves certain services with lunch for the busy executive, the same story. The ladies were tired of the constant drunken orgies and young guys testing their endurance and wanted a rest. I told them they they would miss the vacations in scenic Pittsburgh or Liverpool but they persisted.

Now I am in a stable long term relationship (you know the kind TV type hi so uni grad) and I am saving a ton of cash. I even asked the GF to ask a couple of friends out for dinner last night and we did the family thing; the friends bringing misbehaving children along to Fuji. It cost me 770 baht but the friends did drive, so no gas or parking expenses. We went shopping for yarn after dinner as the ladies crochet a lot. She crocheted me a beer holder, I think that is true love. Has anyone ever crocheted you a beer cozy? I look at it when I get the urge to go out for a little on the side. Not that I have the energy to as I either have found a LTR with a nympho or she is securing my fidelity by leaving nothing for anyone else. I don't know if I am happy, I am satiated if a little bored.

Pay for play, but I do not understand most of the other abbreviations. This is not SMS or Twitter. There is plenty of room to spell the real words. Why not be clear?

Interesting, I guess these abbreviations must be mostly USA Internet abbreviations. I have noticed they are seldom used on Thai forums, and most farangs in Thailand aren't from the USA.

Most Thailand forums are populated by aussies, Brits, New Zeland, european posters. Not sure of the average age, but no doubt that is also a factor involved in using abbreviations.

At first I didn't know what FIL and MIL were, I googled them, as in What does XXXXX mean? You can google "what does BTW mean"? MSG, IMO and BTW are so common in the USA that everyone uses them even in emails, and they were common before twitter was invented. Actually, I never use twitter and only used SMS in Thailand.

But If I actually typed in Twitter, you couldnt read the msg at all. MSG BTW is "Message" "By The Way". IMO is In My Opinion.

Here is a link to common twitter / chat/ Text Message Shorthand. NetLingo is like to become a new language, after another decade no doubt you will be seing it everywhere. might as well have a reference.

http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

Shag, fag and I get from the context, but they aren't typically used in the USA, which is where I am from. P4P is used on sites where they talk about bargirls a lot, and OP is used in Thai Visa more than most any other forum.

I suppose it is like most communcations, who spells out sexually transmitted diseases, everyone seems to use STD. But when you get many posters from around the world, one groups accepted abbreviations are not common with another group.

I have a question? One I still don't get, what is bugle when used in reference to oral sex ???

I like Lt R's because I don't like condoms and I don't like sleeping alone. I think it is akin to a live Teddy Bear. I bought two Teddy Bears and tried sleeping with them but it was not the same. Teddy Bears just look too much like a guy and they don't talk. Teddy Bears are cheap though after the initial expenditure.

But I have this problem with Thai hookers. They all want to get married. I don't go to a hooker looking for marriage. I want hot kinky sex and a smile and a come back and see me. Recently, however in the space of 24 hours three women of the night (although it was in the daytime because I watch Law and Order at night on TV) asked me to get married. One massage lady, and two primarily short time bars specializing in particular (what was it Andrew said, rude bottom things).

Now you wouldn't think that an ultra kink place would turn into a marriage agency. But there I was like a patient awaiting a prostate exam and out come the cell phones with pictures of the kids. I warned them they were going to get KY all over their phones. And a day later two ladies at a restaurant that serves certain services with lunch for the busy executive, the same story. The ladies were tired of the constant drunken orgies and young guys testing their endurance and wanted a rest. I told them they they would miss the vacations in scenic Pittsburgh or Liverpool but they persisted.

Now I am in a stable long term relationship (you know the kind TV type hi so uni grad) and I am saving a ton of cash. I even asked the GF to ask a couple of friends out for dinner last night and we did the family thing; the friends bringing misbehaving children along to Fuji. It cost me 770 baht but the friends did drive, so no gas or parking expenses. We went shopping for yarn after dinner as the ladies crochet a lot. She crocheted me a beer holder, I think that is true love. Has anyone ever crocheted you a beer cozy? I look at it when I get the urge to go out for a little on the side. Not that I have the energy to as I either have found a LTR with a nympho or she is securing my fidelity by leaving nothing for anyone else. I don't know if I am happy, I am satiated if a little bored.

My GF did crochet me a passport holder and a hat for cold chicago days, does that count?

She has already friended me on Facebook, next I suspect she will discover GPS Tracking Apps soon.

I was teaching her advanced girl friend training, now I am afraid I have created a nympho stalker that I can no longer control But I have ruled out her branding me in any way, and I refuse to consider a GPS tracking collar. I suppose I am being the tough guy, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

I have a question? One I still don't get, what is bugle when used in reference to oral sex ???

It's when you go down on a girl and then put your finger into her bottom.

To learn more, you could google it. Better still, why not just bugle it.

Edited by andrewbkk

'johnbits'…………If only man's relationship with women, with or without a wife was as simple as you describe mate……You say; "With a wife you have a companion that loves you and only wants to see you happy, you can trust her with your money" Can I ask, are you single? I think so.

Think…You don't need to be married to be loved……You don't need to be single to get stung! :rolleyes:

Tonto, I never said "with a wife you have a companion that wants to make you happy". That was your mistaken take on my question. Many men and many women end up with a spouse that makes them miserable.

I asked which makes you happier, to choose a wife who's mind., body and soul is focused on making you happy, or to have many random sexual relationships with a varity of women.

After all, people enjoy having sex and it is true that variety is the spice of life. And I shouldn't have excluded bargirls from being a good wife, I know bargirls who go on to make very fine wives.

To answer your question, currenty I am single but I had been married for 13 years, that was over 10 years ago. I am friends with my ex-wfe, and we had a very peaceful divorce, no one cheated on anyone during the marrage, and I help her when she needs something. I have zero desire to get back together, we have different very different philosophies of life.

In the past my best sexual experiences have been with farang women, they have set the benchmark which I use to measure all others. So I don't have any negative feelings about farang women, but now the odds are much higher that asian women will be much more sanuk.

A wife is much harder to get rid of Vs a GF, so one has to be very careful if you get married. I don't have a huge desire to get married, I would be just as happy staying single but still seeing only one women. Or if I didn't meet someone special, I surely don't object to being a buttterfly.

10% of the entire world is looking to scam someone, it doesn't take a relationship to get stung.

Edited by johnbits