Business In Thailand

You need to give a little more information to get good responses.

What are you planning on doing ? ...... many occupations are restricted to Thais

where are you doing it ? ...............Rental, buying, area etc ?

does either of you have a Thai relationship ? married to a Thai,

Visa / Work permit implications....

The list goes on .........you need to give more detail.

Good friends very often fall out quickly when they get involved in business together. Thailand is not a good place for the inexperienced getting involved in business with a 'good friend '.

Make sure he tips in as much money as you. Dont fall the .youre a good mate I'm good the money routine.

Secondly, if your business is dodgy ie bars,go-go, restaurants you may have the cops leaning on you for big money expecially in Pattaya area.

Legal business will need a Thai as a front to make it legit and work (possibly).

If your friend is a farang then two farangs runnibng a business will be a problem. Who pays the tax bill twice a year ?

If you want to work in Thailand get a job as a teacher. far less hassles

Thanks guys. The business is a tourisim business where I will take people to different homestays and other trips around Thailand.. I understand that I would need to obtain a TAT licence?

My good friend is also very wealthy and would not like to be involved in the company, just ownership so that I could operate legally. I am worried about high fee's to start up and to become legal, I understand that a work permit is very expensive but if I could still operate my business without a work permit that would be ideal! Is that possible??

Thanks guys

Simon

I dont want to sound negative but you would be amazed how quickly an innocent tourism /travel/ticketing style business turns into a human trafficking or drugs operation with you possibly as the fall guy. it happens.. Why is a rich guy interested in such a competitive and potentially dangerous and money losing business ?

Dont even open a travel agency here. I tried it once and i got all sorts of strange calls and people from Taiwan,Srilanks,india and pakistan coming around. Forget it.

Thanks guys. The business is a tourisim business where I will take people to different homestays and other trips around Thailand.. I understand that I would need to obtain a TAT licence?

You cannot work as a Tour Guide in Thailand, it is a profession restricted to Thais only.

Patrick

You cannot work as a Tour Guide in Thailand, it is a profession restricted to Thais only.

Patrick

Cheers. I don't want to work as a tour guide, easier to employ a thai!

I dont want to sound negative but you would be amazed how quickly an innocent tourism /travel/ticketing style business turns into a human trafficking or drugs operation with you possibly as the fall guy. it happens.. Why is a rich guy interested in such a competitive and potentially dangerous and money losing business ?

Dont even open a travel agency here. I tried it once and i got all sorts of strange calls and people from Taiwan,Srilanks,india and pakistan coming around. Forget it.

Erm What? Why would I get involved in drug trafficking? And remember I said it's a good friend. I am not opening a travel agency either. Thanks for the concern but I'm fine just want to know about the fee's that are involved.